A fairer way for boss events ?

Options
DragonSorcerer
DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ Events
Rather than the event ending as soon as the boss hits 0% it would be fairer if the fight slot replenishment stopped and the event continued for say another 12 hours. This would allow the people not lucky enough to be awake and/or not busy at the final replenishment a chance to play the same amount of battles as those that triggered the 0%.

For example I'm in the UK and I can see the 0% for the current event is likely to be occuring shortly after the 1am (for me) slot replenishment so I will not get a chance to use my last 3 fights and therefore miss out on the 450 points bonus.

How does that sound ? Should not be difficult for D3 to code.

Comments

• schattenstern
    schattenstern Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    During the avacyn events, we had at least enough chances to get the 450 Points, currently we will either don't get them or have a VERY short race for them after the final refresh, While I like the part about the new events that they don't start fully charged, we really need more Time to finish the boss event.
  • klobberer
    klobberer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The Avacyn boss fight was at least possible to get 450 points and I did at least 3 times. This new one is ****. The time will run out before I can mathematically get to 450 points.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cross-posting to my comment in the general thread.
  • techparadox
    Options
    With the reduced amount of starting attempts and what appears to be a reduced life bar for the over-all event, it is going to be a mathematical impossibility to finish your personal progression. Even if you managed to get a perfect score on every fight (which is highly unlikely, given the impact of getting **** on mana or draws versus the "take less than X damage" or "finish within X rounds" objectives), we would still need at least one more round of refreshes to be able to complete the progression. We're not going to get it. This first run of the Fateful Showdown is effectively a bust, unless the devs step in and correct their error within the next two hours.
  • Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They've finally fixed the start of the event, this is a great way to fix the end of the event. In fact they should apply it to every event, not just the boss timer events. Stop replenishing before the end of the event, give everyone some time to finish. It will be a little bit annoying for delaying the reward but really as keen as everyone is there's no big rush to get it. I think in that regard though 12 hours is a little too long, 8 hours would generally be enough.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm guessing the problem was more players joined in
    than anticipated.

maybe event bosses could have a self heal of max
    progress + a bit for each new player that joins in.
    so in this case it might be self heal of 500 ribbons for
    each new player entering the event. that way everybody
    is allocated their progress bar.

HH
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Irgy wrote:
    They've finally fixed the start of the event, this is a great way to fix the end of the event. In fact they should apply it to every event, not just the boss timer events. Stop replenishing before the end of the event, give everyone some time to finish. It will be a little bit annoying for delaying the reward but really as keen as everyone is there's no big rush to get it. I think in that regard though 12 hours is a little too long, 8 hours would generally be enough.

I disagree with 8 hours being enough. If the replenish is at 1am Monday morning in the UK (as it would have been if the last event went to a 6th round) that would only give until 9am it finish it. I have other things to do first thing on a Monday morning, like getting to work ! 12 hours would at least give me until lunchtime.

Dev's, can you acknowlegde this idea and comment/reply please ?
  • malafein
    malafein Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    hawkyh1 wrote:
    I'm guessing the problem was more players joined in
    than anticipated.

maybe event bosses could have a self heal of max
    progress + a bit for each new player that joins in.
    so in this case it might be self heal of 500 ribbons for
    each new player entering the event. that way everybody
    is allocated their progress bar.

HH

It looks like that's what happened.
    Since players can join even after the event starts, adding some amount of health for each player that joins sounds like a good idea to me.