Overall, I now believe that Alliance Ranking is a good thing

Options
13»

Comments

• It needs to be improved still. I think most of us here are in a top 50 alliance, so it's very easy for us to feel complacent.

Did manage top 250 for simulator, but no where near top 100's needed for the PVP reward covers yet
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    Look what klingsor did. He created and manages 2(!) 20 man alliances. Are you saying that you can't somehow do the same?

omfg for real?

Seriously I wouldn't be able to do anything like that. The slots are waaaay to expensive. Paying for 15 slots twice is way out of my pay grade. icon_e_sad.gif
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Sure, I'll advance slower by throwing a fight. On the flipside, that means a lower incentive for me to invest real money for HP or ISO to make ends meet, as their intake naturally aligns with the reduced intake of new covers or cover upgrades. In the end the only differences that really matter are a reduced blood pressure for myself and reduced income for D3. I consider that a win-win situation.

Lemme get this straight. Being forced into a tough situation where you are at a disadvantage is an incentive to spend more money?

And you consider that a good thing?

No wonder these guys are earning money lol. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Narkon wrote:
    What I absolutely hate about the alliances though is the lack of management tools and the extreme cost for 15-20 slots.

They say that change is coming, and alliance management will be better.

The costs will only get worse in my opinion.

Just take a look at Shields costs if you want proof.
  • Anyway, I'll like to get back to the main question I've been asking.

Seeing how getting 20 members is most assuredly a requirement in getting the top Alliance ranking rewards, would you guys now consider this game Pay-To-Win?

We have to pay for member slots in Alliances and it's not cheap might I add. But teams who are willing to do so get their money's worth in more than one way.

Would you consider this pay to win?
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    mechgouki wrote:
    Anyway, I'll like to get back to the main question I've been asking.

Seeing how getting 20 members is most assuredly a requirement in getting the top Alliance ranking rewards, would you guys now consider this game Pay-To-Win?

We have to pay for member slots in Alliances and it's not cheap might I add. But teams who are willing to do so get their money's worth in more than one way.

Would you consider this pay to win?

Yes. It is just a matter of whether you are paying cash or you are paying with your time. Only 2 ways to get HP. Buy with cash or play hard. Either way, there is an element of cost involved.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I don't think it follows the traditional P2W model where you can't progress until you spend money. The game already gives you a ton of HP if you play in each event. I was calculating how much HP I have spent since the last event started. Around March 18-19th I had 1200 HP and now I have 1000 HP. In these 11-12 days I spent 900 HP to open the 33th and 34th roster slot. I also spent 600 HP to open the 6th slot in my alliance and more than 300 to shields. This means I made more than 1600 HP in 12 days just from game rewards so the game is more than generous with HP. Once someone has made the transition to 3# and can place high regularly he will soon find himself/herself with a ton of HP. Once he opens the roster slots he needs the rest can only be used for leveling covers or buy shields, healing packs, boosts and now alliance slots. Considering that an alliance will bring you more covers than what you would get from buying them yourself, even slots that cost 2000HP are worth it. Additionally, if someone cannot participate in a tournament or event because life prevents him, he could still end up with a cover even with minimal effort as long as the other members can cover for him. So there are more benefits than negatives that come from joining an alliance.
  • I'd say the necessity of having 20-man alliance to compete for high prizes is degenerative, but not P2W. It's not really that out of question for a bunch of guys to poll their resources together without paying, and you only have to do it once (assuming the guys are trustworthy and don't just immediately kick you out) and it's still a long term gain. That doesn't necessarily make it any better than P2W. It's a necessary evil that you must do to be competitive, and sure that evil is most easily dealt with by paying money, but paying money always allowed you to bypass a whole mess of stuff in this type of game.
  • Agree with Phantron