How come there aren't Heroic versions of every story?

DrDevilDinosaur
DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Like, the heroics are only from the prologue tab but there could also be like Heroic the hunt or Heroic iso8 brotherhood or Heroic enemy of the state
I think it would be interesting way to tell a specific story like what if captain America got brainwashed in enemy of the state instead and it was about a special team to get him back. Do you think I should make a suggestion?

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Why would people want Heroic versions of every story? barf icon_cry.gif
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like heroics, but a 7 day long one? No thank you.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    heroics are PVE versions of parts of the prologue
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    The cumulative frustration of locked rosters might melt the forum servers icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Why don't you use your imagination and make each event a heroic. Pretend your brain is an app icon_e_wink.gif
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    The better question is, why are there heroics at all? Harder for no better rewards.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just limit oneself to the powered up characters, that's what a heroic event is anyway.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like, the heroics are only from the prologue tab but there could also be like Heroic the hunt or Heroic iso8 brotherhood or Heroic enemy of the state
    I think it would be interesting way to tell a specific story like what if captain America got brainwashed in enemy of the state instead and it was about a special team to get him back. Do you think I should make a suggestion?

Scaling already makes each PVE a Heroic event, except with an even smaller useable roster.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, you know what? I'm for it. Force me to use the guys on my roster who aren't champed 5*s.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards

It wouldn't work. The point of Heroics is to take a short prologue chapter, divide it and add lots of missions in order to make a 3-day long event. Other PVes are already like that, so the only thing that would change is the roster restriction, making the event artificially harder and more repetitive for no additional rewards, let alone fun.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could you imagine a Heroic Venom Bomb where the 4*s included are like Mr F, IW, Wasp and Spider Woman? If you got 4 clears in, you'd probably be #1...
  • OrionKannan
    OrionKannan Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Personally, I am not a huge fan of the Heroics. Mostly, due to the lack of cohesion of the characters that are unlocked. However, it could be an idea to add a Heroic Mode to all PVE events...basically, a hardcore mode & another way for those at higher progression to get even better rewards.
    Could result in high-level players leaving the standard event & clearing up the top 10 - 50 for players that don't quite have the roster to move to hardcore.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Anyone up for Heroic Gauntlet?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    El Satanno wrote:
    Hey, you know what? I'm for it. Force me to use the guys on my roster who aren't champed 5*s.

Okay.

Use your 4* characters.

*Removed Insult*
    -Brigby
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Although I don't quite like the limited roster, scaling for me always seems better on heroics (I'm in the 4* transition). So I'm okay with it.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    I guess I got confused everyone.
    I thought that there could be a special version of the story where its like they changed the story to use different charcters and that's why its heroic because you have to use those characters to make a team.

Sorry.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I think the better question is why isn't there 3 day versions of every story?

No more 7 days events!
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Because God loves us and wants us to be happy?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:

I still don't get why the 5* players didn't just softcap maxed 5's until the tier was more fleshed out.

I know champing is tempting but locking the rest of the game away probably sucks.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

I still don't get why the 5* players didn't just softcap maxed 5's until the tier was more fleshed out.

I know champing is tempting but locking the rest of the game away probably sucks.
    Because at the time we started leveling & champing our 5s, PVE scaling was still locked at 325.
    The unlocking of the levels came - unsurprisingly - once enough people had 450s and started to dominate PVE.

Also, we wanted to use our shiny toys in PVP.