I only see two options for 7 day PVEs

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So as I see it, there should be only two options for continuing 7 day PVEs:
1) Drastically increase progression rewards (maybe double?).
-Like many people have stated, when a 7 day PVE runs, you still only get the regular progression rewards for a 3 or 4 day event, even though this event takes the place of TWO events. I have also heard people who say, "Well, don't play the whole time. Spread out your playing and take a break." Which would be a fine thought, except you have to play the whole time so you can still get progression since the checkpoints for each reward is so high. Which leads me to my next option:
2) DRASTICALLY lower the checkpoints (what are these actually called?) for each reward. If the answer to 7 day events is "play at your leisure" then one should only be required to play the same amount he or she would during a 3 or 4 day event to reach top progression, then we could truly get a break if we wanted during a 7 day event.

The other two choices I put on the poll are Keep it the same (which I personally disagree with) and Other, in case there is an option I haven't thought of.

Would love to know everyone's opinions on this! Also, would love to hear Brigby's opinion on this too. icon_e_smile.gif
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    They've been like this since the introduction of CP which highlighted most directly the disconnect between 7 day and multiple events during that time - if you can only see 2 options you don't know MPQ because all evidence would support the 3rd and most obvious option.

No change
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whatever. The long pve events don't really bother me. A lot of times I take them off and get a nice MPQ break, which helps keep me from getting burnt out.

I voted to keep the same. Double progression rewards would make me feel like I have to slog through it in order to keep from missing out.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    They need to double it. Because currently a 7 day event rewards half the prizes an equivilent 3 day and 4 day event run back to back would give.

It's really as simple as that.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    They don't need to do anything. Not every event needs to have the same output. I am perfectly happy with some events being higher value than others. Every reason not to do every event is a good reason.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Not every event needs to have the same output.

Could you ellaborate on this?
    Why do you feel that way?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meh,

I'd rather them focus on testing current events and spending time on revamps vs. worrying about an 7 day event that happens once a month a most.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu wrote:
    Whatever. The long pve events don't really bother me. A lot of times I take them off and get a nice MPQ break, which helps keep me from getting burnt out.

I voted to keep the same. Double progression rewards would make me feel like I have to slog through it in order to keep from missing out.

I feel the same way. I use the 7-day events to relax and not feel like I have to clear optimally and still hit top progression while being able to focus more on pvp or shield simulator. Add more rewards and then I'll feel like I need to shift more attn to PVE again. That whole FOMO phenomenon.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    You forgot an option: halve the 3/4-day event rewards.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Split them in two events, one 4-day and one 3-day, and of course give rewards for each one of them.

It is that easy, really simple and perfect fix.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares' idea makes tons of sense. Why not have the hulk part I and the hulk part II?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    They don't need to do anything. Not every event needs to have the same output. I am perfectly happy with some events being higher value than others. Every reason not to do every event is a good reason.

But if every event had an equal value, then you could skip any event, instead of having to wait for an event "worth less" to come around. Making the 3/4/7 day events more "equal" per day of play benefits the player who doesn't want to play every event more than the current format, not less.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:

But if every event had an equal value, then you could skip any event, instead of having to wait for an event "worth less" to come around. Making the 3/4/7 day events more "equal" per day of play benefits the player who doesn't want to play every event more than the current format, not less.

Not really, many pve alliances expect players to be available and to play the 3/4 day events hard. The 7 day event is perfect for someone to drop out of a Top 10 alliance and play casually for a week. The top 10 alliances are actually quite understanding and accommodating.

Really everytime I see gauntlet or a long event. I say praise jesus, I can go casual and chillax for a bit.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I think it has less to do with what the players want/wish for out of their play time, and more to do with the output the devs want them to accomplish.

Basically, don't look at it as 7 day vs 3/4 day. Look at it in terms of a season or month or quarter. They want to keep the number of rewards(cp, hp, iso) handed out at a certain amount, or less, for that time period.

By all means, keep asking, I would love to see the rewards increase even more. I am almost on day 1095, you would not believe how stingy they used to be
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Phumade wrote:
    Not really, many pve alliances expect players to be available and to play the 3/4 day events hard. The 7 day event is perfect for someone to drop out of a Top 10 alliance and play casually for a week. The top 10 alliances are actually quite understanding and accommodating.

Really everytime I see gauntlet or a long event. I say praise jesus, I can go casual and chillax for a bit.

I don't really see that as a reason not to improve the 7-day events.
    I mean, if you don't want to play that kind of game, why are you choosing to be in a hyper competitive alliance? Join something more chilled instead.
  • Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I like how the most common reason people want the 7 day events to stay the same is because they don't want to have to play them. That should be reason enough for D3 to take a look and see that something is wrong with them.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to see 7-Day events broken up into two-parts so:

Prodigal Sun Part 1: Day 1-4
    Prodigal Sun Part 2: Day 5-7

Besides the fact this way would give us the proper rewards, it will also allow me to miss a PVE or not constantly grinding for 7-days straight. It sucks when Day 5 comes and life gets in the way, which results in missing a sub or not grinding enough, and I place poorly. 7-Day events just aren't worth it.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    The only way to win a 7 day event is to not play.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Make 7 day events a 5* progression.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lower the threshold. I hate grinding like crazy for 6 days, the missing one day and missing out on the 15 cp. What a waste of a week.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I chose drastically lower.

Either of the top two options are viable. I, personally, would like a break. In a 7-day event, I would like to reach max progression and then be able to take a break and do something else.

Placement competition is still there, if you're willing to put forth the effort. I've mostly been tapping out at the 4* reward lately. I hate to think I'm losing progress in the game by doing something else, so grinding the whole 7 days (including workdays) for twice the reward is less appealing.