Is anyone able to hit the 250K mark for Simulator?

Options

Comments

• mechgouki wrote:
    I finally just hit the 250k mark.
    Well, we started this morning at roughly the same spot. However, I just hit the 250K mark. I was offline most of the weekend so I'm fighting to keep my personal top 50 spot. Which means I'm slow-rolling the last hour to try and find a balance b/w hitting a larger number of nodes vs. benefiting from last minute rubber-banding. Currently up to 37th place, so I'm slowing down for 10 minutes.

I have no idea if this is the right way to play for this scenario, but at least at first glance it seems to be working.
  • Yeah, it's a lot more forgiving. The previous PVE with 1000 brackets have to be at rank 10 and above to get all required covers.

Still, you have to be in a tough bracket to be at 37th place with 250k. I am number 2 in my bracket, and I didn't plan for it. Don't need a IW yellow lol.
  • I'm just going to miss it. I'm just under 5k short but now outta here and only 4mins left. If there was another hour I could heal up in prologue etc but this one just beat me. I should done some more over the weekend but oh well, it was fun trying to get there.
  • Well, your idea of fun is a little different from mine lol.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Yeah, it's a lot more forgiving. The previous PVE with 1000 brackets have to be at rank 10 and above to get all required covers.

Still, you have to be in a tough bracket to be at 37th place with 250k. I am number 2 in my bracket, and I didn't plan for it. Don't need a IW yellow lol.
    With less than a minute to go, I'm in 25th place with 254K. So apparently, as noted in the main event thread, after hitting 250K people simply stop playing.

I actually lack any yellow IW covers, but have very little desire to compete that strongly for one. I'll worry about it if I ever decide I want to level her.
  • i hit 250k this morning. ended with about 256k and a top 10 finiah.

marc
  • I hit 272k for first place. First ever first place for me ^_^
  • Reached it 2 min from the end - BOOM!!!
  • DecoyDuck
    DecoyDuck Posts: 620
    Options
    Got 250K with 10 minutes to spare. After spending all that ISO on boosts, I'd better get that 8000 iso refund/reward.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Well, your idea of fun is a little different from mine lol.

Maybe I am a bit sadistic lol. There was definitely some frustration along the way but these last subs didnt seem to level up as fast as the others so it was a pleasant end rather than them all increasing to deadly and putting them out of reach.
  • dang, I really wanted that last daredevil cover icon_e_sad.gif

But, I'm happy we were able to hit 250k, I really needed that 8000 iso.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pretty sure no one hit 300K.
  • No idea why people are so salty with the grind, if you don't want all cap covers just don't grind.
    Thats what I did since you still get the hp for top 100 and your alliance can still easily get you that 1 cover needed in top 250.
    The last 3 subs, I don't think I played till the last hour at all. Just made for a beeline to the 1k iso node n made sure I hit top 50 for a free pack.
    no grind no fuss, pretty fun as my nodes aren't in 230 hell mode. I think I ended up with highest was 120 devil dino as the absolute hardest node, which wasn't saying much as his bite doesn't even one shot c.mags.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Ya bet, my bracket was overly competitive and still no one hit 290k even, 275 - 280k tops.
  • Jeremychen wrote:
    No idea why people are so salty with the grind, if you don't want all cap covers just don't grind.
    Thats what I did since you still get the hp for top 100 and your alliance can still easily get you that 1 cover needed in top 250.

That is one of the best parts of this whole Alliance thing. In theory, it allows newer players to get a rare cover that will allow them to compete for other rare covers in the next event. This should help newer players transition into 2* and 3* territory.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Jeremychen wrote:
    No idea why people are so salty with the grind, if you don't want all cap covers just don't grind.

That is one of the best parts of this whole Alliance thing. In theory, it allows newer players to get a rare cover that will allow them to compete for other rare covers in the next event. This should help newer players transition into 2* and 3* territory.

I'll say, I did enjoy the fact that I could join an alliance and not have to grind for lazy cap. I needed the OBW covers, but I realize it can put you behind in future tourneys to miss out on new characters like this. So, I could "tank" the main event, place top 5-10 in all my sub events but still contribute to the alliance and get that lazy cap.
  • I hit it at 5 minutes to go. I honestly didn't think I'd get it, but thankfully I did.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Missed it by 500 points roughly. Ugh! Really wanted to get that extra iso. Oh well icon_e_smile.gif
  • Missed it by 500 points roughly. Ugh! Really wanted to get that extra iso. Oh well icon_e_smile.gif

I feel your pain. During the first Hulk event, I fell 500 points short of the final red Punisher cover. I was so optimistic that I would get it, but the points just were not there.

You should make much more than 8,000 ISO during the Lightning Rounds, at least.
  • As to the 250k reward, I think 19 of 20 people in my alliance got it, so it wasn't crazy. I'm pretty sure no one got 300k, though.

As to alliances allowing you to take it easier? Geez, I've never grinded this hard in a PvE ever. I have a feeling none of us have.