[Avacyn Event] Geier Reach Bandit cheating

Options
MBonott0
MBonott0 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
How can this boss cast Odric Lunarch (WHITE) and Welcome to the Fold (BLUE), if she is RED?
This just happened to me, and, yeah, I've lost the match.

I wish explanations, please.

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've theorized that the gimmick for Geier Reach Bandit is that she's stolen cards from other planeswalkers. Even her ability--summon spirit tokens--isn't a red ability.

Geier Reach Bandit
    Exert Influence
    Odric, Lunarch Marshall
    Sigarda, Heron's Grace
    Rattlechains
    Brain in a Jar
    Dreadwaters
    Engulf the Shore
    Invocation of Saint Taft
    Always Watching
  • MBonott0
    Options
    It is a good theory. But this don't explain how she can cast Welcome to the Fold on my 12/12 creature, taking it from me.
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    MBonott0 wrote:
    It is a good theory. But this don't explain how she can cast Welcome to the Fold on my 12/12 creature, taking it from me.
    Geier Reach Bandit uses Exert Influence (which doesn't have a power restriction).

http://beta.mtgpq.info/#/cards/208
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PVE encounters are based around creatures not PW.

The color of the cards have no ties to each creature.
  • MBonott0
    Options
    Feagul wrote:
    MBonott0 wrote:
    Geier Reach Bandit uses Exert Influence (which doesn't have a power restriction).

The card Geier Reach Bandit used was Welcome to the Fold, not Exert Influence. I can read, but I think ou can not, thank you.
  • madwren
    Options
    MBonott0 wrote:
    Feagul wrote:
    MBonott0 wrote:

The card Geier Reach Bandit used was Welcome to the Fold, not Exert Influence. I can read, but I think ou can not, thank you.

No need to be chippy. If you saw WTTF, it might be an error. Previously, it's been Exert Influence, as many can attest.
  • MBonott0
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:

This can't explain Welcome to the Fold taking a 12/12 creature.
  • MBonott0
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    MBonott0 wrote:
    Feagul wrote:
    MBonott0 wrote:

No need to be chippy. If you saw WTTF, it might be an error. Previously, it's been Exert Influence, as many can attest.

I'm sorry if I was rude, but what is WTTF? Again, sorry if my tone seems rude.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wttf = Welcome to the Fold.

I've seen Bandit use Exert Influence but not Welcome to the Fold. Then again, I had not seen Avacyn use Anguished Unmasking before today.
  • madwren
    Options
    MBonott0 wrote:

I'm sorry if I was rude, but what is WTTF? Again, sorry if my tone seems rude.

Sorry, I was abbreviating "Welcome to the Fold" as WTTF, which is the first letter of each word.
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    MBonott0 wrote:
    Feagul wrote:
    MBonott0 wrote:

I don't know who ou is, but I hope for their sake that they can in fact read.

The list of cards I've personally seen Geier Reach Bandit cast are:
    • Creatures
      • Geier Reach Bandit
      • Odric, Lunarch Marshal
      • Rattlechains
      • Sigarda, Heron's Grace
    • Spells
      • Dreadwaters
      • Engulf the Shore
      • Exert Influence
      • Invocation of St. Traft
    • Supports
      • Always Watching
      • Brain in a Jar
    Welcome to the Fold is not something I have personally seen Geier Reach Bandit cast--but that doesn't make it an impossibility.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Want to chime in here.

Occum's razor would say that it's much more likely you saw the card wrongly and it was exert influence.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MBonott0 wrote:
    bken1234 wrote:

This can't explain Welcome to the Fold taking a 12/12 creature.

Just reiterating was PP said. WTTF is not in the GRB level, EI is -- regardless -- always keep a kill card ready.
  • jetnoctis
    jetnoctis Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It could be as a result of that visual glitch where one card is cast and it says one thing/is completely white, and then when you click on it on the battlefield it says something else. We're you using WttF yourself?
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Also, Event decks can have more than 10 cards in them too.

icon_exclaim.gif
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, Event decks can have more than 10 cards in them too.

icon_exclaim.gif

Also... They may be higher than level 60!

Blatant cheating!
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Also... They may be higher than level 60!

Blatant cheating!

icon_e_surprised.gificon_exclaim.gif
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    **** is also bugged I think - there have been reports on it taking a <6 creature that has been buffed/re-inforced to >6. I've not seen this.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i dont mind if it uses them just dont make it have a color like red so your brain is thinking it will only cast there certian types of spells. all i ask make it colorless at least so your open to anything, and i havent seen welcome to the fold only exert(my 2 cents worth) it stole my reinforced Gisela but not the uber pumped one that rides that was kicking its azz, got to love the ai sometimes
  • alextfish
    Options
    PvE enemies have cards of all different colours in their decks. This isn't cheating, it's just part of what makes them interesting bosses to play against.