Which features would you most like to see in MPQ?

DAC169
DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
Simple enough question, right? Which TWO features would you most like to see? I was originally gonna just let everyone vote once, but then I counted up the number of options and thought that was too mean.
NOTICE - I realize that some of these we'll never actually see, but the question is just what do you WANT to see.

Colorless covers - At least for the 5*s & 4*s, maybe even the 3*s, covers don't have colors and can be applied to whichever color you want. No more wasted 6th+ cover of an ability you have 5 of on a character with less than 13 covers.

Currency swapping services - Got a ton of HP but really need some ISO to champ a character before their cover expires in 4 hours? How about being able to swap currencies? Good for any change between HP, CP, & ISO. There probably would be some kind of fee though.

Cover sell prices - 1K ISO for a 4* cover is bad. How about an increase in ISO sell prices & the ability to choose which currency you get for selling it? 1*s would be unchanged & 2*s would add the ability to sell for HP. 3*s would sell for 1K ISO, 1 CP, or some HP. 4*s would sell for 5K ISO, 5 CP, or some HP. 5*s would sell for 10K ISO, 10 CP, or at least 1K HP.
I honesty don't really know what HP values to use here so I didn't add them. Sorry!

Separation of regenerating and other health packs - Simply put, you would always use your regenerating health packs before your other health packs. Would make getting health packs much less annoying.

Ability to buy missing covers - Just can't get that one color you really want or that one you need for that 5/5/0? Just buy that cover! Would either cost more than a cover you already have (see example costs here) or an additional HP fee to buy it.

Live VS - Ability to play against others live! There would of course be a time limit on turns, but would probably have to make it so the timer pauses for passives & countdowns.

Overhaul of health regeneration & health pack system - I've seen this suggested a few times before. Put simply, characters would regain full health after battle unless they were downed. I wouldn't be surprised if this came with decreased regenerating health packs and/or a limit on total health packs though.

User marketplace - It's always annoying getting a 4* or 5* cover you can't use and have to sell for a measly 1K or 2K ISO. What if you could instead, for a fee of some sort, put them up for sale to other users and choose which currency to get and sell it for? Can't use that 6th OML red and really need ISO to level him? Put him up for sale using CP or HP and choose to get ISO for the sale. All fees, prices, & currency obtained would be determined solely by star.png -level. To prevent people boosting/avoiding specific people, the first one to place a cover up for sale would be the first one sold. So if you were the 5th person to put an Elektra pink up for sale, then the other 4 up for sale would have to sell before yours would be sold.

Testing grounds - Want to see how well a team would work? Pick your enemies, their covers, and their levels then battle away! Chosen characters will always start with full health and be returned to their previous health values after battle. Or even better, you could also choose your own team the same way! Wanna see how truly scary a champed 5* is?...

Other - Some other feature I didn't list. Please post about it!

DISCLAIMER! - I realize that some of these we'll never actually see, but the question is just what do you WANT to see.

*Removed Insult*
-Brigby
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like colorless covers and buying missing covers with HP are fundamentally really similar. Not quite the same but if covers are colorless, being able to whale missing powers doesn't matter as much.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I put other. My other was an open all feature. Hate having to open standard tokens one at a time...
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    This is a more minor thing, but I'd really like to see the sorting feature come to the training and team selection windows.

I also think it would probably be nice if the game explained some of it's features better. There's a whole host of things that I had to learn via the forum. Like that health packs regenerate? That's ridiculous. But I started with something like 24 of them, so how would I ever observe that they refill without burning through what looks like a valuable and limited resource.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    How about a TOKEN SWAPPING FEATURE?????

"Tired of getting those useless standard tokens??????

For every 20 standard tokens you get a heroic, for every 35 you get an elite, 50 tokens for a taco, and every 100 tokens you gets you a legendary token."

:+D
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like to see some choice in the reward process. When you get a cover, I'd like the game to ask you to choose between two or more covers of the same rarity but either a different character or a different color. I think this is a reasonable way to allow players to build usable characters more quickly in a game with an ever expanding roster, which makes it less and less likely you will get the covers you need to get a particular character up and running.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    colourless covers all day.
  • TheAlphateam
    TheAlphateam Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    I want to bench a character. I have a OML single cover. I don't want to sell. But it would be nice to bench him. Not be able to use him and not have him count against my scaling.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Out of these options, colorless covers and health pack separation are best in my opinion.

I don't know why anyone would really want live PvP though. A stupid AI already makes life miserable for me. I don't need to be playing against a smart human player that will be actively monitoring my AP, saving AP for powers and firing 6 at once, and seeing the L-shaped match-5s.

I mean, I get how it would possibly save you regarding how many times you get hit between matches, but man. Talk about a potentially miserable experience. Plus having to wait on someone to make a move? You'd end up with people deliberately stalling matches constantly even with timers. No. Thanks.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe this doesn't count as a feature, but I'd love to see some rebalancing of rewards too. Like, I just got a heroic token for a shield intercept, and I can get several of those a day. But my shield resupply was just a standard token. There doesn't seem to be a good reason why the random daily reward should be so much worse than the random ad one.

Similarly, the last progression reward is 15 cp, but the second to last one is 1000 iso-8 (at cl7). I make more than 1000 iso-8 just doing 4 clears on the non-trivial nodes. Maybe the reward for almost making progression should be more than I can make in under an hour of play?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted for Live VS and overhall of regeneration system.

I'm annoyed, but not surprised to see colorless covers topping this list. I think there are much better ways to solve/help the 4*/5* problem, but since none of those are listed I didn't support that.
  • broll
    Smudge wrote:
    I don't know why anyone would really want live PvP though. A stupid AI already makes life miserable for me. I don't need to be playing against a smart human player that will be actively monitoring my AP, saving AP for powers and firing 6 at once, and seeing the L-shaped match-5s.

I want live PVP a lot, it's been the things most lacking since I started the game. Now I would like to see it as a 3rd mode not a replacement of the existing AI PVP.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Repeatable content.

RPGs with luck-based drops work because you can keep replaying that same fight or completing that same quest over and over until you get the drop you want. If you get a streak of bad LT pulls you cannot recover without spending gobs of money. The experience would be far greater if you could grind out those LTs through some type of repeatable content, and I would be far more likely to recommend the game to a friend if that were the case.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Colorless covers for 5s is a MUST. Like ASAP.

Fighting grounds I think it is that one thing that It is very easy to do for Devs and inexplicably it is not in the game.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    my wish was granted
    being able to spend Iso on leveling with one Button Press even if not going to Max Level
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAC169 wrote:
    Cover sell prices - 1K ISO for a 4* cover is bad. How about an increase in ISO sell prices & the ability to choose which currency you get for selling it? 1*s would be unchanged & 2*s would add the ability to sell for HP. 3*s would sell for 1K ISO, 1 CP, or some HP. 4*s would sell for 5K ISO, 5 CP, or some HP. 5*s would sell for 10K ISO, 10 CP, or at least 1K HP.
    I honesty don't really know what HP values to use here so I didn't add them. Sorry!

[/b]

A good baseline is the HP you get from champs. It takes 63 covers to max out a 2*, out of which you get 2 x 50 HP during the champ progression and 125 for sale for 225 total. So the value would be about 3.5 HP/cover. I don't think it's worth the effort on that one. Just start a farm.

3* get ~ 1000 hp for 113 covers, or 8.8 HP/cover. A little better for those who can't or don't want to roster and champ every character.

4* get 4,00 hp for 113 covers, 35 HP each

5* get 20k hp for 113 covers, 177 HP/cover

That seems to scale properly. Increasing or decreasing would require some sort of rebalance, but I'd take 35 HP over 1k Iso for a 6th 4* color I can't use. Though I'd much prefer the ability to swap, for which I'd pay HP. I'd be happy with 200 HP for a color swap.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    I want live PVP a lot, it's been the things most lacking since I started the game. Now I would like to see it as a 3rd mode not a replacement of the existing AI PVP.

I think this is one of those "be careful what you wish for" items. I don't know how it all works, but an AI routine responding from a local server responds much faster than a human. I'll sometimes put down the device for 10-20 minutes to go make dinner, take the dog for a walk, or help the kids with their homework. Live PvP would need to be on something akin to a chess timer. Make the match in a time limit or forfeit your turn. I don't know whether that's feasible if you draw a match against someone in another country.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Save favourite teams

Filter available in pre match character selection screen

Bonus stuff on steam that we're missing out on from our mobile phone friends/rivals

non fisher-price high res display for tablets.

ability to play on steam/mobile

save to facebook on steam
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Colorless covers by a mile.

I'd also love to see a good UI overhaul like this one:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30408
  • broll
    Calnexin wrote:
    broll wrote:

I think this is one of those "be careful what you wish for" items. I don't know how it all works, but an AI routine responding from a local server responds much faster than a human. I'll sometimes put down the device for 10-20 minutes to go make dinner, take the dog for a walk, or help the kids with their homework. Live PvP would need to be on something akin to a chess timer. Make the match in a time limit or forfeit your turn. I don't know whether that's feasible if you draw a match against someone in another country.

When I say/read 'live' I took it as live person, not the game would take 10 minutes. I full expect it to be a much slower back and forth. I would not want to see it have a forced time limit for turns. I've played mobile card games like Phase 10 and Uno that had systems like this. Sometimes you got someone pretty fast, other times you had someone slow, yet other times you had games you had to abandon because the other person quit playing, but it let you have like 20 games going at once so that waiting wasn't a huge deal. Also because of the waiting aspect and the fact that you'd need an option to force quit, I would think this mode would be more of a fun fun mode then competitive. I don't think it should have much if any rewards, maybe 100 ISO per win at max.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Considering the amount of covers in game i would like to see some feature that would allow to use most/all of them, prefferably trough some offline feature (something like building and upgrading base, that would allow us to send covers in operation, brining back rewards like ISO and tokens etc.)