Check out the New MPQ Extended Cut Video

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone -

Marvel Puzzle Quest today released a new Live-Action video featuring some familiar friends (or roommates?) engaged in some puzzle battle fun! This video is in correlation with a 30 second commercial that you may come across in the future but the extended cut of the commercial should put some smiles on some faces.

Extended cut of video can be found here - https://youtu.be/FlEKFWVV3c0

30 second commercial can be found here - https://youtu.be/z_Yi15QJwAY

We hope you enjoy it. Thanks!

Comments

• Do we get shield intercept-type rewards for watching these ads? icon_razz.gif
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I can understand you can't afford Chris Evans, but you should have tapped Vincent D'Onofrio.
    I give it star.pngstar.png
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was so dumb...
    darque-meme.jpg?w=529
  • Jdob84
    Jdob84 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    I liked the commercial.. Now I wish I could actually Battle people I know instead of just fighting against the computer. Could we get a "VS" or practice mode implemented into the game so I can play live against other humans? Pretty Please?!? I wont ask for anything else..for at least a week!

Good commercial though.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone should create an honest commercial for this game showing a 30-something yr old guy playing MPQ every spare second of his day while neglecting his wife, children, chores, work, social events, etc. He could shout things at the game like "What!? I just won a match for 45 pts then lost 100!" Then a narrator says "Don't worry about the time sink and frustrations, you can always pay buckets of money to win too!" Then a disclaimer at the bottom: "Even after paying buckets of money, you'll still play every spare second of the day".
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    That's pretty good. Definitely better than the last one with the plane.

Except for the 5Cap/Squirrel Girl/Miles team beating a Goblin/Kingpin/Loki team which is just nonsense. :p
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I did enjoy it, but I was waiting for Cletus to show up and start trashing the place until everyone just quits and leaves.

Or better yet, Logan, the retiree next door, turns the hose on them.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Hey look! They used pretty much every playable villain from this game!

Edit: what I am trying to say is this game needs more playable villains.
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    That was fun! Very creative. Thanks for the distraction during a stressful day.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Laufeyson. What's so hard to pronounce about Laufeyson? Seriously!

Honestly, it was adorable. I liked it a lot - thanks for linking this.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Thumbs up from me I thought it was fun, although I wish Squirrel Girl had her tail...
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bet in the extended extended cut, Juggs came along and crashed the party.

Nyeh heh heh icon_mrgreen.gif
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Bad combo on the villains. Fisk and Norman share the exact same colours and Loki doesn't help either. No red or blue user.

Heroes on the other hand lacks black. Not so bad.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    So this is what the dev team is doing instead of testing their events...profits well spent.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    smkspy wrote:
    So this is what the dev team is doing instead of testing their events...profits well spent.

*Wishes for dislike button back*
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    smkspy wrote:
    If you think programmers and testers have anything to do with producing commercials then you have a very strange idea of how software development works, or business in general.

Advertising the game to get new players just makes logical business sense. Especially in mobile games, people get burned out or disinterested and stop playing. You always need to be enticing and bringing on new players.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lawd, icon_lol.gif the snowflake generation
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    smkspy wrote:

LOL.

I guess every party needs a pooper and that why they invited you ...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:

It's quite likely the publisher (D3) that created the commercial, while the developers (Demiurge) continued to go about their normal routine.

But sure, pitchforks and torches and such.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    It was v cute. Could be a series like the Heisman House. Kingpin poking people. Loki randomly rearranging things. Hood stealing stuff.