Get Tangled With Medusa

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Make way for Medusa and her marvelously magnificent mane of hair!

Check out Marvel's latest interview with our producer, Josh, as they discuss the unveiling of the latest addition to the 4 star.png family.

https://news.marvel.com/games/55615/pie ... st-medusa/

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow her artwork looks good and I really like her abilities as a solid Support character. It looks like MPQ hit a homerun with the character the players voted for.

Brigby, when can we expect her skills preview on the Character thread?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like a solid support character. And the art looks fantastic. Looking forward to getting to try her out.

But whomever decided Venom Bomb after a release event needs to be beaten with a stick.

What part of dragging an under-covered and under-leveled 4* through essential nodes in one of the game's harder events immediately after release says "fun?"

It's like releasing a new flavor of ice cream, and only serving it with a nice thick layer of ants on top.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be fair her specialty is dealing with special tiles so maybe it won't be so bad
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Release in Hearts of Darkness, followed by Venom Bomb icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    She looks like an excellent support character -- my main nitpick is that apart from generating AP to eventually fuel Quasi-Sonic Scream she doesn't seem to synergize with her husband at all.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Josh Austin: Loki’s ability just moves around colored tiles and Doc Ock will destroy enemy strike tiles, but Medusa will steal any tile that is touched by her hair transforming it from an enemy tile to a friendly tile. While Loki and the good doctor provide utility, Medusa brings it in spades.

At power level 4, Doc Ock's Manipulation will destroy swapped enemy Attack, Strike and Protect tiles. Even at level 3 it'll destroy both Attack and Strike tiles. Stealing them is arguably more useful than destroying them, but Doc also does damage for each destroyed tile, so it evens out.
  • A+ on PvP name, "Big Bangs Theory"
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dat suit.

I'm in love.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    MY GIRL!!!!! I've been begging for her for awhile, now.

I am also sad, though, that she has almost absolutely zero synergy with her husband, as well. Shouldn't she have grabbed charge tiles and counted them as matches, or something cool like that? That is definitely a big missed opportunity, there.
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    MY GIRL!!!!! I've been begging for her for awhile, now.

I am also sad, though, that she has almost absolutely zero synergy with her husband, as well. Shouldn't she have grabbed charge tiles and counted them as matches, or something cool like that? That is definitely a big missed opportunity, there.
    To be fair, she's no longer with black bolt in the current comics, so it would make sense why there's only minimal synergy (her yellow for ap gain)
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    And also, I would have LOVED to have seen at least ONE offensive move from her.

She has done many many many many amazing exoskeleton suits and Hulk sized fists and battering rams and other tremendously cool stuff with her hair for offense, so again, missed opportunities.

She has truly one of THE MOST diverse and interesting power sets of characters in existence, so this sky really was the limit for this one........
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is her red not an offensive move?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I personally would consider it an offensive move, although it does appear to be more of a damage-over-time attack, as opposed to a direct damage move, such as Iron Man's Repulsor Blast or Human Torch's Fireball.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    I personally would consider it an offensive move, although it does appear to be more of a damage-over-time attack, as opposed to a direct damage move, such as Iron Man's Repulsor Blast or Human Torch's Fireball.
    A better description would be her Regis like Human torches flame jet.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Mercalla wrote:
    A+ on PvP name, "Big Bangs Theory"
    There's no bangs, that's most def an up 'do.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    vinsensual wrote:
    Mercalla wrote:
    A+ on PvP name, "Big Bangs Theory"
    There's no bangs, that's most def an up 'do.

Exactly. "Bangs" is just another name for a fringe. She ain't got no fringe yo.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:
    Release in Hearts of Darkness, followed by Venom Bomb icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

Seriously D3 has a "bitter" sense of humor icon_evil.gif
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Patch has a new combo partner with a little more health? Nice.

And if people want to complain about star levels, complain about Beast (6 PhDs) being a lower rarity than Professor X (5 PhDs).
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    commandpointsbig.pngLocking this thread until I can sort out what to do with this mess.
    Danger commandpointsbig.png

commandpointsbig.pngUnlocked. Please keep this thread clean and civil. If someone has an issue with something in the game or is offended in anyway, then I encourage them to please feel free to contact D3/Demiurge/CS and report it.

Understand that I'm not trying to censor anyone or that I condone certain view points. It's just that discussing certain topics will only lead to arguments, insults, trolling and flame baiting. This is not the place for such things. Even if they start with the best intentions, they will only end with warnings and bans.

Thank you for understanding
    Danger.
    commandpointsbig.png
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:

Sounds like a "hairy" situation!

(dodges tomatos)

..... I'll just show myself out.