The subject of 7-day events needs bringing up again.

2»

Comments

• Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I enjoy this event, and the boosted list makes it even better. X23+Daken+XFDP/essential = 0 health packs used so far

The progression rewards aren't right, but I can see that just doubling all rewards wouldn't be the best answer. Doubling covers won't be as useful and I'd doubt they would ever give away 2 4* covers . I'd like to see a doubling of all progression currency at a minimum. Throw in some event tokens into the progression rewards might be nice. The rewards after the 4* cover are sparse.

They did listen previously though and changed the 48 hour sub rewards, I'd hope they listen to the points in this thread.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pessi wrote:
    I enjoy this event, and the boosted list makes it even better. X23+Daken+XFDP/essential = 0 health packs used so far

The progression rewards aren't right, but I can see that just doubling all rewards wouldn't be the best answer. Doubling covers won't be as useful and I'd doubt they would ever give away 2 4* covers . I'd like to see a doubling of all progression currency at a minimum. Throw in some event tokens into the progression rewards might be nice. The rewards after the 4* cover are sparse.

They did listen previously though and changed the 48 hour sub rewards, I'd hope they listen to the points in this thread.
    This..if only for the Daken/X-23 point (I have 19 Health Packs after doing all of the replayable nodes 4 times yesterday)
    shame that the 3 star essential nodes so far have basically left Loki's Black Power Worthless
    there should be more Progression awards in longer events (more Iso and maybe another 50 HP)
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    That sad the rest of my roster is sitting there picking lint out of their shoes.........
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    doomette wrote:
    And throw in Carnage constantly screeching in his essential nodes for 7 days, woo.
    Carnage is the worse character in the game. I hate playing against him, I hate playing with him. I never chose to have him on my team. His mechanics are not fun and only lead to annoyance with the game.

In case I was too subtle.... I HATE CARNAGE... and agent venom is not much better.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I made the event a 4-day event by joining on event on Day 3. I will likely still hit max progression and because the slice only has 300 players, I'll easily hit T50-100.

Worked out great because I did not have to play on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arphaxad wrote:
    doomette wrote:
    And throw in Carnage constantly screeching in his essential nodes for 7 days, woo.
    Carnage is the worse character in the game. I hate playing against him, I hate playing with him. I never chose to have him on my team. His mechanics are not fun and only lead to annoyance with the game.

In case I was too subtle.... I HATE CARNAGE... and agent venom is not much better.

I'm not impressed with any of the Venoms in game, which is sad cause he's one of my favorite characters, but I actually like Carnage.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    TeamStewie wrote:
    I've already posted in the other forum about getting 2 of the same color covers in progression. It's annoying and now I'm getting to the point where it might not even be usable icon_e_sad.gif

PS being a 7 day event meant I wouldn't go for progression. The 3 star.png rewards are ones I would have to sell (Loki is maxed at that color and needs a few of the other colors) and Carnage is the 4 star.png means I didn't do anything.

It did allow me time to hit 1700 in the sim though, so that was nice to get a yellow Strange. I have since lost 500+ points but that's just how it works. For some reason.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    7-day long events MUST disappear. We lose at least 25CPs and one 4 cover for every event (also placement, but progression are achievable by everyone). This creates a lot of competitive problems for people who only play PvE.

This point sounds good as hyperbole, but I highly doubt you've played *every* 4 & 3 day event to full progression since you've started playing MPQ. But if you did, you are a crazy, hah.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    7-day long events MUST disappear. We lose at least 25CPs and one 4 cover for every event (also placement, but progression are achievable by everyone). This creates a lot of competitive problems for people who only play PvE.

This point sounds good as hyperbole, but I highly doubt you've played *every* 4 & 3 day event to full progression since you've started playing MPQ. But if you did, you are a crazy, hah.

Every event you skip, puts you behind every one else.

You.. Must.. Play.. Every.. Event.. to.. Full.. Progression..

icon_e_wink.gif .. icon_lol.gif .. icon_mad.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

I have to say that... I might icon_redface.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_confused.gif

What I meant with this sentence is that you can get 25Cps every two-three days in PvP ( 75CPs every week ), but then in PvE in weeks like this one you can get just 25 +14 (node CPs, no progression considered). In a week with two events you get 50+14 (64) instead, which is much closer to the 75 you can get in PvP.

It is also much easier to get the CPs you get in PvE, so this would also be good for everybody.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm for the idea of doubling rewards in a 7 day. Also, follow a character release with a 7 day event. Just make sure the color covers for the released character are two different ones (and different colors for the rare please too, thank you) that will fill out the new character's powers so we don't get stuck with just Bl4de's Black and Green. So win first color with top 100, and get the other two in [7-day] progression. This has the added benefit of never using a new 4 star in Heroic: Whatever. (Prodigal Sun being villain-based is no excuse for not using the prevalence of Hero releases on required nodes.) Also added benefit of not slogging through a 7-day for a new release in placement.
  • Which is all but idendital to the 3 or 4 day events. The big difference being we'll get those twice in a week. So a 7-day event means we put in the same work for half the rewards. If they'd run, say, Deadpool and then The Hunt we'd have got two 4*s, 50CP, four 3*s and so on.
    Why do you think that 3/4-day events are the norm? Instead of looking at it as "a 7-day event means we put in the same work for half the rewards" look at it as 7-day events have normal rewards and 3/4-day events have double rewards. This will make you enjoy the game more as you will be playing events with double rewards so often.
    This has been a consistent problem for some time and it's odd to me that it hasn't been rectified. Literally all you need to do is double up on rewards.
    Other solution would be to reduce rewards for 3/4-day events. After some backlash the moment it is done it will stabilize and both events will reward the same, so this will also solve your problem, right? Why to solve the problem of different rewards people suggest the way that gives more rewards instead of both possible ways?

Maybe this complaint is why double iso events are so rare. If they were appearing more often then they would be used as a norm and people will just complain even more when they are not around.
  • phiwalker
    phiwalker Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2016
    The reward at 88,500 points should not be 1000 ISO.
    The reward at 88,500 points shouldn't be something you can get as a bonus after finishing a node.

It's the second to last prize.

That's kinda ridiculous.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still think splitting 7 day events in two is the best option. It really is the best option.

I suppose the response will be another refrain of "CP ÜBER ALLES! MACHT SCHNELL!"

Yep, you answered the question yourself icon_e_wink.gif

PS: I had to use google translator, 6 languages I could probably understand without google's help and you use german... icon_razz.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't care about placement (and wish everything would be put on progressions....) - but I do care about CP. I get 14 CP from essentials a week, regardless. But I prefer getting 50 CP/week from progression, rather than 25/week-long event.

7 day PVE? Fine, make more CP on the progression tree to make it 50 total.

ALSO: The subject of Hell's Kitchen needs bringing up again.

TWO easy (non-essential) nodes.
    FOUR hard (non-essential) nodes.

See a problem here? See an easy way, with basic addition and subtraction, to fix that problem?

I needs my 6x grind easy ISO! And I need my 4x grind hard nodes to not take so long! icon_e_wink.gif