The subject of 7-day events needs bringing up again.

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
With a new team heading up the community wrangling, I feel compelled to point out an age old issue with the game. 7-day events are half as rewarding.

By the end we get in CL8 progression:
5750 ISO.
150 HP.
Two 3* covers.
One 4* cover.
25 CP.
A health pack.
Some boosts.

Which is all but idendital to the 3 or 4 day events. The big difference being we'll get those twice in a week. So a 7-day event means we put in the same work for half the rewards. If they'd run, say, Deadpool and then The Hunt we'd have got two 4*s, 50CP, four 3*s and so on.

This has been a consistent problem for some time and it's odd to me that it hasn't been rectified. Literally all you need to do is double up on rewards. Just slot a reward between each existing reward.
At 100 points you get 400 ISO.
At 500 points you get a stockpile.
At 1000 points you get 400 ISO again.

Simply change that
100 points - 400 ISO
300 points - 400 ISO again
500 points - stockpile
750 points - stockpile again
1000 points - 400 ISO
And so on.

And no, sub event completion does not count because that's a daily reward from a sub event closing, meaning that happens 6 or 7 times a week regardless of which event you're running. We'd still get the same tokens, ISO and HP rewards that way if it were a 7-day event or a 3-day event.

If the doubled up covers are randomised and made so you don't get two of the same that's helpful too. Would suck if in this event we got two red Carnages, especially for people like me who already have 5 in that.

Comments

• WalrusBrigade
    WalrusBrigade Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Agreed, 7 day events are not efficient. I started this PvE because I wanted to hit some ISO goals to champ a 4*. Now that I have accomplished that I am done with the event and will instead spend time in PvP or not playing at all. This could be fixed by differentiating those events in some manner. Maybe all 7 day events become double ISO events, or you get two 4* covers for progression rather than one (in applicable CLs). If they stay the same I just will skip those events from now on.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I've already posted in the other forum about getting 2 of the same color covers in progression. It's annoying and now I'm getting to the point where it might not even be usable icon_e_sad.gif
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    With a new team heading up the community wrangling, I feel compelled to point out an age old issue with the game. 7-day events are half as rewarding.

5750 ISO.
    150 HP.
    Two 3* covers.
    One 4* cover.
    25 CP.
    A health pack.
    Some boosts.

Which is all but idendital to the 3 or 4 day events. The big difference being we'll get those twice in a week. So a 7-day event means we put in the same work for half the rewards. If they'd run, say, Deadpool and then The Hunt we'd have got two 4*s, 50CP, four 3*s and so on.

This has been a consistent problem for some time and it's odd to me that it hasn't been rectified. Literally all you need to do is double up on rewards. Just slot a reward between each existing reward.

Simply change that
    100 points - 400 ISO
    500 points - stockpile
    1000 points - 400 ISO
    And so on.

And no, sub event completion does not count because that's a daily reward from a sub event closing, meaning that happens 6 or 7 times a week regardless of which event you're running. We'd still get the same tokens, ISO and HP rewards that way if it were a 7-day event or a 3-day event.

If the doubled up covers are randomised and made so you don't get two of the same that's helpful too. Would suck if in this event we got two red Carnages, especially for people like me who already have 5 in that.

Conveniently ignoring sub rewards and a Vault that actually gets emptied enough from daily sub and alliance tokens to matter. But yeah, placement rewards and progression rewards should be doubled.

Though it's odd this can mplaint gets brought up during one of the better events. Lots of enemy variety, free cover. All that is lacking is the daily big ISO node from ISO event and the daily tokens from a node from EOTS icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Daiches wrote:
    Conveniently ignoring sub rewards and a Vault that actually gets emptied enough from daily sub and alliance tokens to matter. But yeah, placement rewards and progression rewards should be doubled.

I'm not "convenitnely" ignoring them, I gave reasons for discounting them.
    Either you get the sub rewards daily from a 7-day event, or you get them daily from a 3 or 4-day event. You neither gain nor lose rewards from those in a 7-day event, so they're irrelevent to the issue.

As for the vault, that's really the only benefit - more free tokens to empty it with, but even so you're talking, what, 8 tokens by the end in general? One from progression and 7 for each day in total? 8 tokens in a vault of 80 is still not great odds. And if you're lucky enough to be in an alliance that consistently inishes top 50 for more tokens, well bully for you =)
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Daiches wrote:

5750 ISO.
    150 HP.
    Two 3* covers.
    One 4* cover.
    25 CP.
    A health pack.
    Some boosts.

Simply change that
    100 points - 400 ISO
    500 points - stockpile
    1000 points - 400 ISO
    And so on.

Though it's odd this can mplaint gets brought up during one of the better events. Lots of enemy variety, free cover. All that is lacking is the daily big ISO node from ISO event and the daily tokens from a node from EOTS icon_e_smile.gif

25 cp is worth one gazillion times more than some extra pulls from a vault
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry daiches, i am with cyineedsn. Cp is the most important resource in the game (eeking out iso). And 7-day pve events cut cp rewards in half.

As long as classic 5*s exist and cp are the only way to get them, no amount of event tokens will remedy this problem.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I'm just sitting this one out. Completely burned out. Playing my PVP for alliance but cant be bothered with PVE right now. I have RL things to get done.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Usually don't mind them...they are a drag and it hurts when you need all those extra progression rewards you would get from the smaller pves when looking to champ someone. I'm just barely gonna scrap by on enough iso to champ thing before his first cover expires whereas I would have coasted if this were two 4 day pves. Bad timing.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it inherently a problem that not all pve events are created equal? Everyone's asking for them to make the rewards equal, but they could also do that by cutting the other event rewards in half.

I don't see a problem. It's just different. But so are lots of things in sports, for example.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I find week long events a bit of a grind and I've all but given up on trying to place top 5 which I really wanted as I already have green x 5 for Jean Grey

I think they only ran it this week as its thanks giving in the US so the game makers are all on holiday

Hopefully next week will have a better story mode
  • Dragon_Nexus
    turbomoose wrote:
    I find week long events a bit of a grind and I've all but given up on trying to place top 5 which I really wanted as I already have green x 5 for Jean Grey

I think they only ran it this week as its thanks giving in the US so the game makers are all on holiday

Hopefully next week will have a better story mode

I imagine that's exactly why they ran an existing 7-day event. Something stable, predictable and without a new character or feature to go wrong so the game just ticks along while they're away.
    My issue isn't with 7-day events in themselves, btw. I don't mind 7-day events, I just think the rewards are disproportional compared to their shorter cousins.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they'll rectify this problem by lowering the rewards in 3 & 4 day events and leave 7 day events the same?
    icon_eek.gif
  • phiwalker
    phiwalker Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I'm typically behind most people since I start at the latest time of 2am, so I don't know if it changes in the remaining days...but....having a 7 day event where each sub-event is only a day long isn't fun at all. Maybe in the future days one of them are 2 days, but I'm on day 3, going into 4 and each have been 24 hours sub-events.

Start with a one day, do a few two days, and it's more manageable.

This event is making me want to take a break for awhile.

The rewards for the amount of work just aren't worth it.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    And throw in Carnage constantly screeching in his essential nodes for 7 days, woo.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    It still amazes me when I find out that people play with the sound on.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I'm a weirdo, it drives me bonkers to play a game with no sound. Even weirder, I usually have music or a podcast playing too, so it's just background noise anyways.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Sorry daiches, i am with cyineedsn. Cp is the most important resource in the game (eeking out iso). And 7-day pve events cut cp rewards in half.

As long as classic 5*s exist and cp are the only way to get them, no amount of event tokens will remedy this problem.

It's fine. No one read the second line of my post where I said placement and progression rewards should be doubled. Just straight to the pitchforks. That's my forum as I know it.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    7-day long events MUST disappear. We lose at least 25CPs and one 4 cover for every event (also placement, but progression are achievable by everyone). This creates a lot of competitive problems for people who only play PvE.

I don't see why those 7 day long events can be broken in two separate events. So for example Prodigal Sun would be broken into Prodigal Sun Part I (4 day event) and Prodigal Sun Part II (3 day event). This would probably be a really small amount of work for Devs, (create new event, copy and paste subs 5-7 to new event, delete 5-7 in the first event, and make sure that they are always played together).

This is a very simple change that would fix completely this problem.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think once you've played every pve a couple of times I don't even notice when they change over. To me pve feels like one big never ending event with random rewards scattered through it.

Its just for iso and elite tokens for me , cp does me no good since I'm at the stage where I'm far more likely to pull something I don't need until I've levelled up my maxed guys.

Honestly the prizes for 7 day events doesn't feel bad if you just do what I do and don't think about the length of each event.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was planning to skip this one and picked SCL 6 instead of 8 cuz whatever. I ended up getting bored and playing it more than I planned too. Getting amazing placement on a lot less effort dropping down 2 ranks. This may be my go forward strategy for 7 day events (unless I need the 4* progression cover really bad)