not getting shield intercepts since the update

2»

Comments

• Tenebrae
    Tenebrae Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I randomly got one the other day but none since. So that's one shield intercept in a week. I'm hoping it'll magically start working again after the next patch, you never know.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    okay. i was riding the train last night so i started playing the venom bomb event. i got 4-5 intercepts on the first clear. i got home and kept playing and i got nothing. so i turned off my wifi on my phone and got 3 almost right away. turned on my wifi again, haven't seen one since. evidently there's something to do with being on wifi preventing me from getting them. which is balls cause i play on wifi 98% of the time.

edit: just played ddq on wifi, got nothing. turned off wifi, first node on venom bomb, got one. i think i found my problem. dunno how to fix it though.
  • jredd
    ^^^

as bizzarre as this is, it happened to me at work today too. played my first break and half of lunch on wifi, got nothing. switched to cellular half way through lunch and got 2 intercepts.

does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    While i was vip i was getting them right as clockwork.
    Didn't renew for this month and guess what? I only got my first of the day yesterday morning and nothing since!
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Here too, less than 1 intercept a day.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    For me, the button appears as normal, but the clip just freezes (before it even starts playing) & then it takes me back to the last page I was at.
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    When they introduce the shield signal intercepts, I got a VIP and got My intercepts everyday. When the VIP expired, I didn't renew but I still got plenty on intercepts on a daily basis until the last update. And since the update, I haven't got one.
    I don't think it's because I play on WiFi, I have always play on a WiFi signal. I am playing the game in west Africa since SHIELD signal intercepts introduction and they always worked before the update.
    So personally, I think there is something wrong with the update and neither the location nor the internet signal.
  • jredd
    i'm still having the wifi/cellular issue. i can do whole clears of subs on wifi with nothing. turn off the wifi and get several intercepts while on cellular. turn on wifi again and get nothing.

it's getting a wee bit frustrating now.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    jredd wrote:
    i'm still having the wifi/cellular issue. i can do whole clears of subs on wifi with nothing. turn off the wifi and get several intercepts while on cellular. turn on wifi again and get nothing.

it's getting a wee bit frustrating now.

Its really interesting. I have tried signal intercepts for several weeks. I can get them only with wifi in special space( my work space and my home). So I don't know how to explaint this condition.
  • THSpawn
    THSpawn Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    I had my first intercept since feature release. First game after today update, looks like you fixed this, thanks. Next time, you can give some info though.

Edit: false flag, i get intercepts once a day. If i activate VPN, i get intercepts normally again. Not fixed.