not getting shield intercepts since the update

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
i've put in a ticket already. i was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue though?

Comments

• CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    I can't find any signal intercept, neither. Please fix the bug
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Yes, I've been having the same issue. Posted about it in the thread a bit further down, but I was having doubts it was getting a lot of attention there so raising this a second time can't hurt.

I think it has something to do with geographical location or something, but since I know very little about the workings of these things someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, somebody here on the forum (thanks again) told me to try using a VPN app to try and get the Shield Intercepts working again, and this worked for me. And while this may be a fix, I really hope this issue will get fixed in the not too distant future.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that you mention it, I have hardly seen any, either. They're not completely gone, if I remember correctly I got 2 or 3 yesterday, but they were more frequent before (even though they mostly error'ed then).
  • jredd
    I thought i remember seeing you were supposed to get at least one after your first victory of the day, and then up to 20 afterwards. but yeah, haven't seen one in 2-3 days or whatever it's been since the update.

not that i feel owed anything, but i have spent money on this game in the past, and wouldn't rule it out for the future. it just seems like while other people have access to this extra stream for resources, myself and obviously others are getting nothing.

and you know they loathe compensating us for any kind of issues where people miss out on resources. as long as they get it sorted asap i'll be cool, but if this drags on I'm going to start to get less cool...
  • jredd
    StevO-J wrote:
    Yes, I've been having the same issue. Posted about it in the thread a bit further down, but I was having doubts it was getting a lot of attention there so raising this a second time can't hurt.

I think it has something to do with geographical location or something, but since I know very little about the workings of these things someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, somebody here on the forum (thanks again) told me to try using a VPN app to try and get the Shield Intercepts working again, and this worked for me. And while this may be a fix, I really hope this issue will get fixed in the not too distant future.

it's funny you mentioned the geographical theory cause i'm from edmonton ab canada and i have a friend who lives in vancouver bc canada. he recently took a trip to ny and said he was having far fewer issues with intercepts while down there and also since returning. maybe something to that.
  • I've never seen one. Not the daily first one, nor any. I tried using a VPN as some have suggested, but nope, nothing. Even re-installed to see if I had a bad download. I'm in the U.S. so I personally don't think location has anything to do with whatever is going on. I don't get an error... the the intercepts simply never appear, although, there are files on my tablet with ad .jpg's and stuff for a StarTrek game and some others that are uselessly taking up space from this game.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Huh. I've been getting them at all times of the day, every day since they were introduced.
  • jredd
    Huh. I've been getting them at all times of the day, every day since they were introduced.

i got then when they first dropped (error messages 99% of the time) but since the update, nothing.
  • CCW1208
    jredd wrote:

i got then when they first dropped (error messages 99% of the time) but since the update, nothing.

Most of my alliance players have VIP status. They don't complaint of this problem. I don't want to say that. But I feel that I can get shield intercepts only if I buy the VIP.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    CCW1208 wrote:
    jredd wrote:

Most of my alliance players have VIP status. They don't complaint of this problem. I don't want to say that. But I feel that I can get shield intercepts only if I buy the VIP.

I don't have VIP.
  • Tenebrae
    Tenebrae Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I'm also not getting any intercepts and haven't been for a few days now. This includes the guaranteed ad we're supposed to get after the first victory of the day. I was getting them regularly beforehand, initially with lots of errors but they were working much better after a while. Until they stopped altogether!
  • THSpawn
    THSpawn Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Previous to R114, all errors. Past it, no intercepts at all. Using a VPN app with UK or USA and got intercepts again. It is clearly a location based issue (FYI Im using Touch VPN app). I´m in Argentina.
  • jredd
    THSpawn wrote:
    Previous to R114, all errors. Past it, no intercepts at all. Using a VPN app with UK or USA and got intercepts again. It is clearly a location based issue (FYI Im using Touch VPN app). I´m in Argentina.

not the first time the location issue has been mentioned. a friend of mine in my alliance who is also from canada (as am i) has not been getting intercepts either. except he was in ny last week and said they were working fine there.

got the standard cookie cutter, one size fits all response from cs today saying 'the game is working as intended' well maybe in general yes, but for more then a few of us it's not. not sure if anything will be done anytime soon guys...
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Thought that as a VIP you didn't have to watch the videos

I'm still having to watch the videos even though I signed up for VIP yesterday

Not a huge problem but would be nice to not have to watch them if I'm not supposed to
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just throwing it out there that the location thing is likely a red-herring.

I'm in the USA, and the past day or so Intercepts just stopped appearing. Previously I'd get about 1 in 4 erroring out so no reward, but I'm not even getting the pop-up any more. It'a like someone rolled back the app to a Pre-Intercept version for me.
  • jredd
    somehow, mine started working this evening. gotten 3-4 now. you got me as to why.
  • Tenebrae
    Tenebrae Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Still not working for me, that's at least five days without a single intercept popping up. I'm in the UK, it seems like people experiencing this are from all over so I guess it isn't a location issue?

Glad it's working again for you though, jredd! That gives me hope!
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    I'm still getting them but still having to watch the videos even though I'm a VIP

Quite annoying really as the only reason I VIPd this month was to stop having to watch them
  • CCW1208
    I did not pay my 4G fee yesterday. So I used wifi for MPQ game. My shield intercepts come back...... icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif
    Its really strange. I found that I can't get shield intercept with 4G internet for 5 days. I suggest someone could try this method to get shield intercepts.
  • jredd
    not working again...

day just reset and i didn't get one first match. easy come easy go.