Little late, pvp clearance levels.

WelcomeDeath
WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just wanted to send a big thanks to the development team for making the difference in rewards between cl7 and cl8 for pvp so trivial, its hardly noticeable. It makes tanking cl to enter a lower one a much easier decision. Now I can pit my team of 5* and the points I can garner with it against the points 4* teams are getting. Barely try, and still get top placement.
I was worried that cl8 would take a big jump up from cl7 like they did in pve, but no such thing. 500 iso for all levels and just one extra 4* cover for only those placing top 5? Easy to pass up. Thanks d3!

Comments

• MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, thought I'd compete in a lower clearance level myself, but I've actually found it to be more challenging. There are still plenty of 5* teams and less targets overall. Maybe with SCL 9 and 10 more advanced rosters will be willing to take the leap, but with the current rewards structure there is very little incentive for them to do so.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't think there was a correlation between your bracket and which CL you went for? I was going to ask this, actually.

I've found it tougher hitting 900, haven't managed it once this season. Harder to find worthy targets past 850 and I get hit too frequently. If dropping down to 7 would help with that I'll have to give it a go.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Cl doesn't affect mmr/available targets. If you're having trouble scoring it's because of "you know what" has been taking away lowering scores in general. Only advice I can give you is to try playing a different time/slice
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't think there was a correlation between your bracket and which CL you went for? I was going to ask this, actually.

I've found it tougher hitting 900, haven't managed it once this season. Harder to find worthy targets past 850 and I get hit too frequently. If dropping down to 7 would help with that I'll have to give it a go.

There is no correlation between MMR and CL, but those who have to go CL 7 and choose to go CL7 is entirely different. CL needs more ISO through progression in get players to play in their correct CL.

As far as targets go I have seen players score a lot higher this season then in previous seasons since CC were killed. Players who score really high are climbing significantly earlier while players who only want 900 are climb By significantly later. I think the late climbers are also making it very difficult on themselves by trying to get so high when so many players are playing.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    spectator wrote:
    Cl doesn't affect mmr/available targets. If you're having trouble scoring it's because of "you know what" has been taking away lowering scores in general. Only advice I can give you is to try playing a different time/slice

Yeah, that;s what I thought.
    But the previous season the only 4* covers I missed were because of a week where I had literally none of the boosted 4*s champed...or even particularly usable. So I'd get to about 800 and stop because IM40 and Thoress unboosted are not the defense you want.

That said I suppose having X-23 who's deceptively slow, and Ant Man who's also kinda slow, isn't as helpful either.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:

There is no correlation between MMR and CL, but those who have to go CL 7 and choose to go CL7 is entirely different. CL needs more ISO through progression in get players to play in their correct CL.
    It need to be significant because right now you can make up that 500 iso through better placement in SCL7
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    still figuring out which of them both has the larger player pool, thus more points.
    this is really the only reason to select between 7 and 8
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell wrote:
    still figuring out which of them both has the larger player pool, thus more points.
    this is really the only reason to select between 7 and 8
    Again: Player pools are exactly the same.
    You will see the same targets in every clearance level you pick - even in level 1.
    So scoring is independent of clearance levels - brackets are not, though.

So if you can score 1200+ you'll have an easier time placing higher in a lower CL bracket.
    Which is what more and more of us are doing, crowding out lower guys from placement in clearance levels that were not meant for us.

You can thank Demiurge for that and hope for a quick fix.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it's a bit nuts. 2nd event of the season, 1000 ish got me 4th in CL 7, time slice 1. This time, it may still get me top 10, but top 5 has shot up to over 1400.

And Dragon_Nexus, by worthy targets do you mean ones with >38 points, or just ones that aren't monster 5* teams? Cos if it's the former, my style has gone from hitting those worthy targets a few seasons ago, to just taking on whoever I can win fast against, even for low points (as low as 20). Just ram raid as fast as I can, as high as I can then shield up, climbing on the backs of 3*s, and non-boosted/underlevelled 4*s.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    CT1888 wrote:
    And Dragon_Nexus, by worthy targets do you mean ones with >38 points, or just ones that aren't monster 5* teams? Cos if it's the former, my style has gone from hitting those worthy targets a few seasons ago, to just taking on whoever I can win fast against, even for low points (as low as 20). Just ram raid as fast as I can, as high as I can then shield up, climbing on the backs of 3*s, and non-boosted/underlevelled 4*s.

Yeah, been trying for the >38 but after a point there just aren't any. And even then hitting whomever is weakest isn't easy. Last week I was getting nothing but champed Jeans + Things for 20 points. A lot of time and effort to get a piddly reward that I'd probably lose by being hit during the fight.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    As a few have already pointed out, I was talking solely about placement, not mmr or progression or anything else. None of that changes with CL. But if it's mostly 3*4* guys in CL7, theyll have more trouble hitting progression, means easier placement for me. Cl8 is also easier in a way because of this, since some are "slumming it" and thinning out the higher CL bracket.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    thx, certainly misunderstood some things.

but that's just irrelevant details, really.
    I crash twice per day, so i just grab whatever I can without wasting hp for shields, since my phone just seems to be waiting for me to shield hop.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Are people really admitting to and bragging about dominating lower level competition? Pathetic.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    StarScream wrote:
    Are people really admitting to and bragging about dominating lower level competition? Pathetic.

No, people are lamenting because they WANT to play higher CLs for more appropriate rewards, but finding out they get better results from dominating lower level competition.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    cyineedsn wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

No, people are lamenting because they WANT to play higher CLs for more appropriate rewards, but finding out they get better results from dominating lower level competition.

If they wanted the higher competition, they would play in the higher brackets. You can put all the emphasis on "want" all you like, but the fact remains, they play lower competition because they are afraid of placing middle of the pack. This, in turn, screws everybody else down the ladder.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    cyineedsn wrote:

Sorry, you can't lament the loss of competition if you refuse to seek it out.
    I mean the Miami Dolphins don't go beating up middle schoolers and lament the ease at which they win their games these days.
  • StarScream wrote:
    cyineedsn wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

If they wanted the higher competition, they would play in the higher brackets. You can put all the emphasis on "want" all you like, but the fact remains, they play lower competition because they are afraid of placing middle of the pack. This, in turn, screws everybody else down the ladder.

I think it's more of a time invested/rewards ratio. Why on earth would you **** yourself by going to CL8 when the offered rewards are not worth it? The core reason most players are playing is to improve their roster and they are always seeking the most optimal way to do so, and CL8 is not that.

Another reason is that high End PvP isn't really PvP, most top players are coordinating amongst each other to get the highest scores instead of battling it out. This is also a direct result of the way PvP works in this game, it's far more rewarding (in terms of ISO/HP and such) to work with each other than against each other.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was worried that cl8 would take a big jump up from cl7 like they did in pve
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can only hope that at SCL 9 and up, you'll have received 25 cp by the time you hit 900 points. And then maybe some bonus CP after then.

Because so far, since SCL have been added to PVP (with CCs removed), now I'm earning 10 cp per PVP instead of the 25 I used to earn (I didn't use CCs, but I benefited from there being lots of high scoring queues). So... there's that. Basically, it's been a net loss for me, and presumably numerous others.
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    broll wrote:
    I was worried that cl8 would take a big jump up from cl7 like they did in pve
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

You may find it funny, but in relation to PVP this is the case. Giving 3* cover up to top 300 versus keeping it at 50 is a huge bait for some to go scl8 in PVE.

In pvp right now the reward are exactly the same except if you do top 10.

Yes people are going back to scl7 in PVE but way less then in PVP. It is easier to do top 10 in pve then it is to do top 5 in PVP, so PVE player have an incentive to try it. Not PVP player.