Invisible Woman Special Vault

2»

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolarsen wrote:
    XFDeadpool -> Flaptain -> Invisible Woman

I see a pattern here, and therefore I boldly foresee a Yelena vault soon.

4* Yelena confirmed? icon_lol.gif
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    The way I see it is some people have a big problem with spending $100 on this game, but they will spend $20 100's of times. So it's a decent way to give the developer a bit of money. Hopefully they can funnel these funds into something other than new characters.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    HaywireII wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Why would you do that? People like you are the ones that reinforce their ridiculous behavior, man. You seemed a lot wiser than that......

If you earn more Hero Points than you spend on roster slots and shields why wouldn't you do it?

I already said why.

Because it reinforces their bad behavior.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like these mini vaults. Theres been nothing in the last 2 that have warranted me getting involved, but thats just me, I'm sure other people will want stuff in them. Sooner or later they'll be stuff in one that I need, at which point I'll get involved. They are a great addition though, and just because they consist of nothing you want, doesn't make them bad.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    TLCstormz wrote:
    HaywireII wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Why would you do that? People like you are the ones that reinforce their ridiculous behavior, man. You seemed a lot wiser than that......

If you earn more Hero Points than you spend on roster slots and shields why wouldn't you do it?

I already said why.

Because it reinforces their bad behavior.
    This isn't really bad behavior though. This offers a perfectly fine amount of play to a ftp roster and is a reasonable sink for the extra HP in the game these days. Nobody is pretending like these are required for anything, but for most people they will occasionally be handy to have around.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    They really should tie it to the story events though. Having one extra cover for the required character could be a "life" saver (specially for people that don't have the required character)
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    They really should tie it to the story events though. Having one extra cover for the required character could be a "life" saver (specially for people that don't have the required character)

I think these vaults are a good idea but I don't think having the Story Mode required character in one is a good idea. That's a very short hop away from selling someone a character they are missing for $20 so that they can place higher in an event.

Of course, if they want to use one of these vaults to print money they just need to put a yellow Old Man Logan cover in one.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolarsen wrote:
    XFDeadpool -> Flaptain -> Invisible Woman

I see a pattern here, and therefore I boldly foresee a Yelena vault soon.

So far as I can tell, the pattern is "Covers I don't need."

I had a red Deadpool cover in my vault. My XFD is 5/4/3.
    I had a yellow cover for Flaptain; Mine is 5/5/1.
    My Invisible Woman is already Champed at LVL 282, so no need for that cover. (It it was to get her up to a level that would give me a Legendary Token, I'd try it.)

My prediction will be a Kingpin Vault, and my vault will have a Yellow cover for my 4/3/5 Kingpin. (Bonus tick me off points if it's a Nick Fury vault with a Blue cover; my 2/5/4 Fury has already had to sell *eight* blue covers.)

I really like the idea of the vaults, but I haven't had a chance to make use of them yet.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    You kniw, if this was a vault with a gwenpool or war machine...some character that truly has a rare drop rate in lt tokens, then I might be tempted to spend for that cover.

But flaptain, IW, and even deadpool...ot feels more like we're being trolled than offered a unique opportunity to advance our roster.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is them banking on newbies with zero IW covers being intrigued by the update and willing to throw some HP away to get one.

So yeah, it's a troll.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I like these mini vaults. Theres been nothing in the last 2 that have warranted me getting involved, but thats just me, I'm sure other people will want stuff in them. Sooner or later they'll be stuff in one that I need, at which point I'll get involved. They are a great addition though, and just because they consist of nothing you want, doesn't make them bad.

Exactly this. One fine week the vault will hold a character that I desperately need, and it will be beautiful.

Granted, the only top tier characters that I still don't have 13 covers are Peggy and 4Pun, so that will take a long long time, but I do hope that they keep this up. I'm a spender and I'll be happy to spend on something I need.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    When I saw the topic heading all I could do is laugh, so of course when I opened the topic it was right there to join in the laughter. Well played D3, but April Fools isn't for another couple of months... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ninio313
    ninio313 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Did one pull. Got the yellow IW. Now I'm up to 1/1/1 lol
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I see little problem with these vaults. I mean, it's a decent chance at a specific 4, it costs HP instead of CP, and the HP cost isn't 200 or 350 (like the Dr Strange ones were.)

The two issues I have with them: besides the 4, theres very little in them to entice me to actually draw from them. Put in more 3s and some HP in there, and I'd be more likely to take a couple spins at it.
    I'd also prefer it if they were daily instead of weekly, that way we could save up HP for the one specific cover I need and not have to wait a year for it to come around.

But if a icon_jeangrey.pnggreenflag.png one or a icon_starlord.pngyellowflag.png comes along, you bet your tinykitty that I'll be dumping every hero point I have into them.

The best thing though is that if you don't like them, you don't have to use them. Vote with your wallet and hero points, because we all know complaining here changes little.
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    3 vaults, 9 pulls, 3 4* and 3 3 *...

I'll do it every time, I don't use shields..
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know what determines which character gets the weekly(?) special vault. I see little point in this vault because Sue's Crash just passed and won't be seen for another 6 months. If they set the vault to align with the DDQ featured crash of the titans rotation, I bet they'd be swimming in HP like Scrooge McDuck.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    "People still think that IW sucks?"

laugh-1454602866.gif?quality=.8&height=322&width=575
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I told it already when DP special vault was introduced. This is a good opportunity for people who sit on 12 covers and have some more waiting in a queue.
    So with some HP they can buy the 13th, make a champion and add some champion levels before the covers expiry.

I did so with DP and I'm happy with that opportunity.

In perfect world it could be colorless cover in such vault icon_e_wink.gif
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Well, its not a bad vault, but I just sold my Invisible Woman for the extra HP, to buy tokens for Sim, that has Peggy Yellow. But I'm sure the day will come when I have an extra HP and nothing to spend it on, and I will buy an entire vault of these.