laugh-1454602866.gif?quality=.8&height=322&width=575

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    even if i had interest i already have that power at 3 so i'm fine
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm a sucker for these... I did it. 10 tries, and I got her! 1500 well spent icon_cool.gif

I'm sorry to everyone where I'm throwing off the "it's not good enough.. we won't do it" stats.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Hmm..wouild put my Invisible Woman from 2/5/5 to 3/5/5. Maybe? Maybe not? I guess I'll think about it. If there was at least something else good in the vault or if her rework had made her top tier it would be an easy choice. For now it would just be a lazy way to hit 13 covers with my excess HP.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    WEBGAS wrote:
    :invisiblewoman: "You sure you don't want to open up this vault?" icon_e_wink.gif

I would like to spend all my HP to that vault, but you know that IW character in MPQ is not worth it :
    neither for her skills ( despite the new improvement icon_question.gif ) nor for the cover icon_e_smile.gif

She is buffed and ready to bust your bubbles
  • mpqr7
    My green does 9000 dmg for 10 ap. Really not that bad!
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I'm a sucker for these... I did it. 10 tries, and I got her! 1500 well spent icon_cool.gif

I'm sorry to everyone where I'm throwing off the "it's not good enough.. we won't do it" stats.

Why would you do that? People like you are the ones that reinforce their ridiculous behavior, man. You seemed a lot wiser than that......
  • mpqr7
    edited November 2016
    Because I like opening up tokens! And I seem to be gaining a whole bunch [Edit: a whole bunch of HP], due to all my championed characters, scl, ads, etc. I had 5000 this morning, so the only thing I really need to save them for is the anniversary, and that's not until around 10-11 months from now. I'll do further saving later...
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    I may try it...that yellow cover is what I need. 2/5/5 forever and I've already sold 4 green/blue covers. Don't hate me.
  • HaywireII
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Why would you do that? People like you are the ones that reinforce their ridiculous behavior, man. You seemed a lot wiser than that......

If you earn more Hero Points than you spend on roster slots and shields why wouldn't you do it? It took me all 20 pulls to get the red Deadpool cover from the first vault and I had already saved up enough to clear the Sam Wilson vault if I had wanted to. I skipped that vault entirely but clearing the Deadpool vault didn't cost me anything in lost opportunity. Between Story Mode, Versus Mode, 2* Farm and now Intercepts it seems like I get a lot more Hero Points than I used to.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:

54670810.jpg
  • HaywireII
    mpqr7 wrote:

The majority of the posts I see on the forums are the same 50 or so people sharing their thoughts. There are probably a few dozen people out there who don't even look at the forums that bought a Logan's Loonies to clear out this vault. Our thoughts and feedback are valuable but our actions are probably statistically insignificant.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    From an expected return perspective, these vaults are somewhere in the middle. The return is better than regular daily deals, and have target covers, so you can take it or leave it. They aren't nearly as bad as the Dr. Strange vaults, but not as good as the special occasion vaults. I'd certainly like to see them boosted a bit, but they can be valuable to some depending on particular roster needs. So, meh.
  • TarjanVK
    TarjanVK Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Personally, I'm glad that this vault fills a need for some people, because between the option of having weekly special vaults (which may or may not have a cover I need) and not having them at all, I'll go with the weekly vaults. As been shown over and over again, the vault really isn't a bad deal for the price, considering buying a 4* cover with HPs cost 2500, and the remainder of the vault is (usually) just champ levels for everything plus a smidgeon of ISO.

It may not be a great deal for the high rollers who have everything champed but for those trying to build their rosters still, it's a nice opportunity.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    HaywireII wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

The majority of the posts I see on the forums are the same 50 or so people sharing their thoughts. There are probably a few dozen people out there who don't even look at the forums that bought a Logan's Loonies to clear out this vault. Our thoughts and feedback are valuable but our actions are probably statistically insignificant.

Welcome to the brotherhood of the vocal minority! icon_lol.gif
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    A 5% shot at a 4* is probably worth 150 HP if you don't have anything else super important to spend it on, and the odds only get better with each failure. The vaults have some inherent bad luck protection which is nice in a game that largely lacks it.

That said I wish there were a couple more things in the vault that were actually interesting in their own right. Too many things in the vault feel like booby prizes for me to want to spend on it. Maybe a couple 2*s could be replaced with 3*s or larger iso rewards? You don't have to stick an LT in there.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    You don't have to stick an LT in there.

But you should. You really, really should.
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Yep, I'm a fan, solid replacement for the old 2500 HP buy a 4* cover.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I am considering it. Not because I want to add another champ level to her. For probably less than 3000HP, I can sell my champed one for 6000hp and then recruit the new cover to use when her essential pve comes up. Let me check if it's a yellow cover first because if it is, I would be set for her next clash too!
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    XFDeadpool -> Flaptain -> Invisible Woman

I see a pattern here, and therefore I boldly foresee a Yelena vault soon.
  • HaywireII
    I need ISO more than I need Hero Points at this particular moment. 9 Pulls to get the Invisible Woman cover and now she's 3/5/5. Not a game changer in any way but I'm satisfied.