April Fools Day speculation

Options
Kelbris
Kelbris Posts: 1,051
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
It's coming... and I have one guess for how it will go down.

Gold Daken? Nope. 4* Harvey Birdman.

but seriously, you think they'll do anything funny? Replace all the tile shatter noises with clown honks? The devs have a great sense of humor, else Bagman wouldn't exist.

Comments

• Well, for all the chicks out there and guys who love chicks, this is probably the most appropriate time to release squirrel girl. Short day or two doom pve, last match you select your heroes and somehow no matter what doom wins. Then when your team goes down, boom....squirrel girl battle.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    It's coming... and I have one guess for how it will go down.

Gold Daken? Nope. 4* Harvey Birdman.

but seriously, you think they'll do anything funny? Replace all the tile shatter noises with clown honks? The devs have a great sense of humor, else Bagman wouldn't exist.

I'm not sure about what could on tap for April Fool's Day, but did you get that thing that I sent you?

Could be a day of Loki, could be 4**** Platinum Bagman, who knows? I'm looking forward to whatever comes our way though.

A mega-buffed Bagman tourney with Bagman prizes would be hilarious though.
  • I have no idea if they have anything in mind or not.

These are my only 2 thoughts.

I hope they do have something in mind.
    I hope it's a hey you thought you were gonna get something cool? April fools! Were giving you something way cooler! And not a: hey you thought you were gonna something cool? Too bad here's a bunch if bagmans *#?\*#?**
  • D3 will probably buff Bagman and give him a 1 day pvp tourney, then do the Nelson laugh as everyone has to use him.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would assume just a prank announcement or prank update notes, not in-game content.

In terms of doing something in-game though, I'd guess something with a reasonable overhead would be a tournament with high-level Devil Dinosaur as the 3rd party member (+ a million dev points if Spider-Man not selectable in it!).
  • Opponents' Bagman will cast Snarky Remarks on your counters. Only.
  • TheVulture wrote:
    I would assume just a prank announcement or prank update notes, not in-game content.

In terms of doing something in-game though, I'd guess something with a reasonable overhead would be a tournament with high-level Devil Dinosaur as the 3rd party member (+ a million dev points if Spider-Man not selectable in it!).

So devil dino in a Spiderman outfit. Got it. I say roll with it devs.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Instead of the gold Dacon they promised, a third cover for two star Dacon? That'd be cool.
  • How about Super BM man? He runs into a bathroom stall and as fast as lightning you hear the toilet flush and he comes out ready in his super hero suit with strand of TP stuffed down the backside.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Howard the Duck; Master of Quack Fu.
  • A lot of you are being cruel... if I think I have Howard the Duck and it ends up being a joke well I don't know, I'll cry or something.

April fools should be something fun, like: hey guys, we made Rags even more fun than the first time we balanced him, check it out. And we all load up the game, wait for the update to find he now has a third power and proper tile strengths.

Or everyone who opens their daily reward gets a 1 hero point prize... but then immediately a dialogue pops up saying Happy April Fools and a second reward, which is 2000 iso-8 or something.
  • A pve mission with every single that requires you to use bagman+yelena+1* hawkeye (single cover loans available of course) and makes you fight lvl 230 devil dinosaur+lvl 230 green goons or lvl 230 juggernaut+2x lvl 230 analysts.

Then the devs (and hopefully us) get to start sandboxing people that actually start scoring points.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm sort of hoping for super-buffed Bag Man daylong tourney.
  • on Tuesday we will get an email saying that the database has been corrupt and all our progress has been lost...

april fools!
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    davecazz wrote:
    on Tuesday we will get an email saying that the database has been corrupt and all our progress has been lost...

april fools!

This is probably the most likely suggestion in this thread so far tbh
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Oh god imagine if they changed it so that all standard tokens showed a gold foil, but when you opened it, it was a Yelena cover

"OH AWESOME, A THREE STAR! I hope it's Ho-- ...what the hell"
  • An announcement for a Deadpool character would fit the theme of the day perfectly... either that or they promise to stop making gold / lazy characters icon_e_wink.gif

/i keed
    //quickly *hugs* my LazyThor
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Everyone's username and roster is converted to Wannabeskrull's for the day.
  • I have no idea if they have anything in mind or not.

These are my only 2 thoughts.

I hope they do have something in mind.

I whole-heartedly agree. It brings be back to one of my fave quoteables:

"You know what's worse than having a bad idea for someone's birthday(gift)?"
    "What's that?"
    "Having no idea the birthday was yesterday."
  • A 1V1 tourney with only bagman and yelena allowed.