Self Stealing Passives Need To Go.

2»

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade wrote:

I think you just badly misplayed the match and picked teammates with bad synergy.

1. By definition Thing green requires 12ap.
    2. By definition AV(black) Military Might with 1 black becomes alien weakness if you have 12 or more ap in any color.
    3. By definition Alien weakness steals 2 ap from your highest ap pool (which was the 12 green)

So the minute you acquired the 12 ap to fire Thing, you guaranteed that Alien weakness was gonna steal the AP.

you probably need to substitute a different character for thing.

While Thing is clearly a bad choice, this goes beyond "bad synergy." Synergy simply means the two parts produce a result greater than the sum of each individual part. This is antinergy, the complete opposite of synergy. Agent Venom actively subtracts from the result by hobbling the other team members.

How many other characters have skills with 12 or more AP. In 4* land alone, I see Deadpool, Drax, Ghost Rider, Howard, Cho, Ice, Jean, Kate, Luke, Moon Knight, Fury, Falcon, Gwen, Spider-woman, Thing, Thor, Bucky, X-23. Did I miss any? Actually, I did because we have instances like Hulkbuster, where though it only costs 11 it can still be detrimental.

We're talking about a character that serves as a spoiler for at least twenty potential teammates. That is completely ridiculous. Diluting the draw pool with this sort of nonsense and reducing my chances of getting a character that is actually useful is supremely annoying.