Proposed PVE timer reworking

2»

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Crnch73 wrote:
    I believe the message the OP is trying to send is not being heard. In my opinion, they mean this:

you can play all nodes once after the event opens. Then, the nodes will not regen points for a small window of time. That way, once you do the end-grind of a sub, you aren't starting the next sub immediately afterwards. This allows a player to break up the hours spent daily on this game. It would require the sub start/end times to be changed, because some people plan their sleep patterns around this. For example, I would not want to pick the 11pm slice any more, because then the nodes would start to regen points while I was asleep. However, I think this idea could be an ok change, at least to try?

It would change the overall way we play, but it shouldn't change the scoring or the "regulars" at the top, IMO. I only play super-competitive PVE during release events, and I can admit it was not a lot of fun to start the next sub after trying to squeak out more points from the last one.
    Lol.
    You're proposing the system we had two years ago.
    2.5 hrs refresh timers on the nodes.
    I don't think anyone wants to go back to that insanity that lasted for way too long.

That's not it at all. Ok example time it is.

Your sub starts at 5pm. You can do up to 4 clears as it is now with full points, after that you get less points at it is now.

The only difference is the timer that regenerates point would not start to activate until say 10pm. Then your nodes refresh if you hit 4 clears. If you did not, timer doesnt start either but will once you do 4 clears after 10pm.

It would probably need to be 18h as well for a full refresh instead of the 24h.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Lol.
    You're proposing the system we had two years ago.
    2.5 hrs refresh timers on the nodes.
    I don't think anyone wants to go back to that insanity that lasted for way too long.

I wasn't saying that exactly. I was trying to say that we could basically just delay the grinding period until after a certain amount of time after a sub ends. I mean I know it is a skill for higher-ups to grind out the last 2-3 times on a single node without using too many health packs, then turn around and start the next sub as well. Maybe that is the problem some people have: with the game scaling out of control, this is the only real way the better players get more points than the rest of us.

For example, day 2 of TaT... I beat the first 4 times on all nodes, my sub opened/ended at noon EST. I came back the next day at 11am, and beat the nodes 2-3 more times each, but I used 4 health packs to do so, and my "regulars" ended up wounded a bit. Then at 12:01pm, I started the next sub with a weakened team and a shortage of health packs. A better player with a better roster probably doesn't run into this problem as much. However, if we delayed when the grinding would occur, rather than "end grinding at 11:59am, start new grinding at 12:01pm" it would be beneficial to me. I can understand that "beneficial to me" is not something the game strives for, but maybe it would be beneficial to lots of people? Not sure. I am not screaming for this change, but I AM saying that I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.