How have you champed your 5's?

Ludaa
Ludaa Posts: 542
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just curious to see how lady luck has done vs. the almighty CS ticket.

Apologies if I set this up poorly. Two votes, one for each category sounded like it would cover the bases.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    Maxed one naturally, could max 2 more if CS would help but they won't offer me the "exception" I've seen so many others recieve
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I don't understand the question.

Day 368

OML 2/0/0
    Silver Surfer 0/0/1
    Phoenix 3/2/1

Not sure about the first six months of play but I opened about 120 classic tokens in the past 6 months (Current state of game and my roster I opened 30 in the past 30 days). I think it's statistically improbable that I will fully cover any five star until they change the way they are distributed.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    I myself have done 2 with help, one without. I don't know if I'd still be around otherwise. The CS help really only put me on equal footing with my peers I feel.

My sympathy to those who've yet to champ one.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, I'm the only "2 without help" guy! And if Silver Surfer wasn't **** compared to the rest for so long, he'd be champed without help, too. On the flip side, after those 3 my coverage for 5* drops to about 2 each. icon_lol.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have champed 3 chars (PH, OML, SS) without any help, no CS, no buyer's club either.

I had to waste 3 PH covers, and various SS covers. I almost had to sell one OML cover (I champed him with just one day left for that cover).

Now I have GG, Spidey and IM all with one colour at 5 so for now I have decided to go LLs. Hopefully we will get a solution before I go classic again.

PS: I might go back earlier because my luck in LLs suck hard, barely 10%. At least in CLs I have a 16% pull ratio
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    No five stars with even 6 covers for me and only one with all 3 powers
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    I will be at 3 without help after getting the ISO I need for surfer. Wasted 1 Phoenix and 1 OML. All other 5s have <5 covers
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 w/o help for me. If I finish IM46 first, it'll be 3. If I finish PHX first, it'll be 2. (had my 10/3/0 build moved to 9/4/0)
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    I have completed (and champed) OML recently without help and also pulled a 12th cover for the Surfer. Who knows, I might complete a second 5* character with luck only!? icon_e_surprised.gif

1019th day and I was lucky enough to never have to sell a 5* cover. I'd hate to be forced to. 5* covers are difficult to earn, having to sell one because the game mechanic doesn't allow you to use it with your existing character strongly support the theory stating: "the system is broken"! icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ahaha what no
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    DrNitroman wrote:
    I have completed (and champed) OML recently without help and also pulled a 12th cover for the Surfer. Who knows, I might complete a second 5* character with luck only!? icon_e_surprised.gif

1019th day and I was lucky enough to never have to sell a 5* cover. I'd hate to be forced to. 5* covers are difficult to earn, having to sell one because the game mechanic doesn't allow you to use it with your existing character strongly support the theory stating: "the system is broken"! icon_e_ugeek.gif

An interesting poll would be how many 5*s we have champed, vs how many duplicates we've sold! I've champed one, and sold 4 unusables icon_e_sad.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed OML and Surfer without help. OML didn't waste any covers, but I did have to waste a Surfer black. I've also wasted a Phoenix red for my 3/2/5 Phoenix so far. BSS is 5/1/5, but I haven't drawn any dupe covers for him yet.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    cyineedsn wrote:
    DrNitroman wrote:

An interesting poll would be how many 5*s we have champed, vs how many duplicates we've sold! I've champed one, and sold 4 unusables icon_e_sad.gif

Highest number of dupes sold? I am here to claim my title, good sir. At 13/1/7, I've sold a total of 10 unusable covers for OML himself
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don''t have a 5* at 13 covers yet. My best is Silver Surfer at 10.
    Really though, I'm keeping them at 255 because they don't interest me yet. Maybe when OML becomes usable.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finished Phx and SS without duplicates - my 2/2/1 Phx and 0/1/1 SS dupes were because I was waiting to finish OML before champing them. No dupes on the old guy either.

First true unusable 5* cover so far is 5teve red. However, I'm not expecting to champ any more 5*s in the near or far future, thanks to rng and dilution.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I had help to finish Goblin (color exchange), but finished my other six (and seventh coming soon) on my own.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    10 without help, 1 with.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 without help, sold 3 covers in the process.

SS : Super fortunate to have my 13 covers fall naturally!
    PHX: Sold 2 covers before I lucked into the 13th, was fortunate that my build was 3/5/4 so I had some breathing room
    OML: Sold 1 cover before the mythical OML yellow dropped. Honestly it was so unexpected that I never even celebrated it properly.

One thing that helped me significantly was that my days played lined up very closely to 5* daily resupply. In fact in all cases, daily resupply gave me an important color that evened out my distribution. I feel sorry for those players in the 500 day range who are breaking into the 5* transition, by the time daily resupply (820,910,1000) arrived their 5* are already complete or they've moved onto different goals.
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Zero champed. Zero even close. I think my Surfer is at 5 or 6 covers and that's the most for me.

I am just curious, what does "with help" entail?
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    I'm on day 1120. 68 5* covers so far. No champed 5*s yet. Averaging almost 2 lts a day since early last spring. Wasn't keeping track before then but think i was still doing all right. Probably slowed down to still a little over 1 a day since clearance levels were introduced and i'm starting to lose interest. Haven't had to sell a 5* yet but with 4 powers at 5 covers i'm allways afraid the next purple pull might get sold for only 2k iso.

I feel like i'm pulling close to of not better than i should be but i just can't get that 1st championed 5* which i feel will be a total game changer. Even if it does turn out to be silver surfer