How have you champed your 5's?

2»

Comments

• vcorsac
    vcorsac Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Kross wrote:
    I am just curious, what does "with help" entail?
    Help likely means changing the color of 5* cover that you already have 5 in to a different color. For example, you have a 3/3/5 Black Bolt, and you draw another yellow cover. You would ask CS if they could change the color of the cover (ie you sell the cover and they gift you the color of your choice). As far as I know, the current policy is to allow color swaps only for Latest Legends tokens. Though, I've heard of one time exceptions happening for Classics.

Help could also mean gifted 5* covers. There was a time when if you complained about your 5* draw rate, you could get a 5* cover of your choice (operative word being could, not sure if this still happens).

There also was the breaking up dupe characters, but that wasn't help to get the characters champed. It was a way to get around the expiration date to covers when you drew unusable 5* covers.

As for me, I have 2 champed 5*s with no help from CS. I still have my 3/0/0 OML and 1/0/0 Phx... Unfortunately, it looks like I'll draw unusable covers for Silver Surfer and possibly Green Goblin who are at 2/3/5 and 0/4/3 respectively.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    i champed my OML with help. My OML was at 0/0/5 for the longest of time, and subsequently 2/3/5 for about a year. CS was kind enough to help me to swap the last red for my last yellow.
    Duplicate covers: i had 9 EXTRA OML red, all which i had to sold.

SS was slowly being covered but i didn't pay any attention to it. recently i got him to 4/4/5. Deciding whether to level him since now he's kinda good with the buff. dup cover: pulled an additional black cover for him which i had to sell.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    OML: got a free yellow way back when, covers fell fine after that to champ, no wasted covers luckily
    SS: champed with no help, wasted ~3 covers
    BSS: got 1 cover swapped, still wasted 2 covers

my 2/2/5 PHX has wasted 3 red, and my 0/1/5 GG has wasted 1 yellow so far.

Theoretically I should be switching to latest now, but I haven't decided yet...
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I haven't champed any nor do I intend to. I'm soft capping my roster at 280 to keep everything 3* and up relevant. I've seen what happens to those who have and how it has destroyed their scaling in PvE and forced them to use only 5* in PvP. I don't want to screw myself into only being able to use 5 characters.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    I have 46 5* covers. My highest is oml at 8 covers 2/2/4. Then I have spiderman, silver surfer, captain america and iron man all at 6 covers. I dont't have a single 5* power at 5 yet, so thankfully have never had to sell one. I don't know if I want to champ them even, or just level up to around 360. They're strong there but haven't messed with my mmr yet. I have a long time before I will need to decide that though
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    None yet, and CS hasn't helped me at all.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Um, where's the option for "Championed? My best 5* doesn't have a single skill at 5 covers."
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    No Champs for me, I think my highest 5*s are at 8 covers each.

I am leveling them slowly, but in a way that unintentionally keep pace with my 4*s. Basically, I add a level to every non-capped 5* each week, and add extra levels when I pull a cover or one of them is buffed.