I am done with PvP ****

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    <snip>
    A 3hr shield should be able to help you hit that 900 easily. climb to around 700 on a quiet time. shield out and line up 3 big targets worth 70 points. Unshield and quickly hit those targets. that will get you over 900 points. If your roster is still too young to handle it at one hop, then do 2 shields.

Generally I agree with you, but I think that "3 big targets" is becoming a mythical beast. My experience is that unless you are very, very lucky, all you'll see are the same 4 to 6 unshielded guys each of them worth around 35 points and a very non-trivial battle. But of course YMMV.

That was exactly my experience when I tried to hit 900 in BOP for the Thing red. I was so damn close too icon_e_sad.gif
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    <snip>
    A 3hr shield should be able to help you hit that 900 easily. climb to around 700 on a quiet time. shield out and line up 3 big targets worth 70 points. Unshield and quickly hit those targets. that will get you over 900 points. If your roster is still too young to handle it at one hop, then do 2 shields.

Generally I agree with you, but I think that "3 big targets" is becoming a mythical beast. My experience is that unless you are very, very lucky, all you'll see are the same 4 to 6 unshielded guys each of them worth around 35 points and a very non-trivial battle. But of course YMMV.

That was exactly my experience when I tried to hit 900 in BOP for the Thing red. I was so damn close too icon_e_sad.gif

BOP is tough because it's BOP and it's off season. In off seasons, many people climb up to top progression and free fall down. so there are less points in the system (another reason why people needs to shield)

As for moon roach comments, i agree it's getting tougher. With less cupcakes, it's harder to find the right opponents with max points. But i think below 900, it is still possible. the jump is really from 90 - 1200. this becomes tough and everyone i hit (with 70 points) have 5* and usually champ.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    <snip>

Agree here. But one thing the OP needs to remember : look for your teams While you are shielded. If you do a match, then spend 10 minutes looking for your next one, then yeah, you gonna get hit. A lot. Best way is to do your matches. Then shield, Then skip around looking for your next 3 queues. That way, you don't get hit while looking and if all you see are the same 5 or 6 people, then stop for an hour or so, then come back and look again.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    <snip>

BOP is tough because it's BOP and it's off season. In off seasons, many people climb up to top progression and free fall down. so there are less points in the system (another reason why people needs to shield)

As for moon roach comments, i agree it's getting tougher. With less cupcakes, it's harder to find the right opponents with max points. But i think below 900, it is still possible. the jump is really from 90 - 1200. this becomes tough and everyone i hit (with 70 points) have 5* and usually champ.
    Personally, in that 700+ range I rarely find 1 let alone 3 targets much above 50 points worth. Heck, sometimes i struggle to find many targets over 38 points, so my climb is fueled on 20-30 point wins over 3* and weak 4* teams, as I figure they are less likely to retaliate than the champed 4* team at 38 points (and those fights are much quicker to win).

I reckon I spent 6 months at least learning how to hit the 4* cover progression - which slice to take, when to climb, when to float, when to rush, ti shield, to tap out, which characters work, which characters left me vulnerable. I chose which covers were worth fighting for, and I went after them with as many shields as were necessary.
    Once the key 4*s were covered and champed, everything became easier, and shield hopping became less of a necessity, but that was another 6 months down the road.
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Dear Veny,

Perhaps you should try S2 SCL 8. Top 10 is perhaps only 900+?

Take a chance. Try a different shard.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    veny wrote:

I don't see anything other than 2x4* champed past 725 and never for anything more than 50 points let alone 70. For now that's my wall and I have adapted my play time to suit. I take the 10 cp and shrug.
  • Astroy
    Astroy Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Thats why there is pve. For you to earn your covers and play at your own pace without feeling you are weak as hell. PVP is player vs player. you pit your strength against our players. You don't have the build you don't win. It's as simple as that.

Want max progression with out hp spent? Might as well as Macdonalds to give you free meal everyday.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    <snip>

Agree here. But one thing the OP needs to remember : look for your teams While you are shielded. If you do a match, then spend 10 minutes looking for your next one, then yeah, you gonna get hit. A lot. Best way is to do your matches. Then shield, Then skip around looking for your next 3 queues. That way, you don't get hit while looking and if all you see are the same 5 or 6 people, then stop for an hour or so, then come back and look again.

This is correct, with one ammendment: Look for targets while you are shielded, but close to the time when you will unshield. Otherwise, you may find out that your target reached their goal and didn't care for placement, so didn't shield and were attacked into oblivion, giving you only 10 points or so, instead whatever you were expecting. That or join a Line check room, but not everybody feels like making that kind of additional commitment.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    <snip>

This is correct, with one ammendment: Look for targets while you are shielded, but close to the time when you will unshield. Otherwise, you may find out that your target reached their goal and didn't care for placement, so didn't shield and were attacked into oblivion, giving you only 10 points or so, instead whatever you were expecting. That or join a Line check room, but not everybody feels like making that kind of additional commitment.
    Or just learn who the high scorers in your slice are and queue those.
    Although you probably can't beat those teams with Hood and IM40.
    Gnihihi.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    Developing better roster is an invalid argument - with more 4*s promoted, better championed 4*s or even promoted 5*s will appear - that the matchmaking "ballance". The only way how to profit from better roster is to have fully champed 5*s - at this point, no one will have better covers.
    not gonna rehash other stuff, but OP - MMR will balance to another group of higher rosters who are generally scoring more who will be worth more points making it easier to hit progressions. pardon the run on sentence, but I have no champed 5. no 5 at more than 11 covers and that one's not even leveled. and I hardly ever miss 1200 in season and 900 off season. its happened once or twice over the last 5 seasons or so but not much. I do rely on my 405 oml most of the time (but not 100% of the time), but the difference is I have 21 champed 4s. and usually have choices to put with the featured and oml to work towards some synergy. most everyone on here knows a lot about pvp. you might want to try some of their advice now and then and don't dismiss literally everything they say.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    <snip>

I've never seen anything but the same 3 people all worth 10-35 points.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Astroy wrote:
    Thats why there is pve. For you to earn your covers and play at your own pace without feeling you are weak as hell. PVP is player vs player. you pit your strength against our players. You don't have the build you don't win. It's as simple as that.

Want max progression with out hp spent? Might as well as Macdonalds to give you free meal everyday.

this doesn't make sense.

pve is just a s roster based and you can't play when you want to hit max progression, especially if you need those refreshes because you don't have the required characters.

And stop using these nonsensical analogies.
    The only sense to be found is that you are equating winning pvp with spending money.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Well, if PvP is designed to be lost without spending HP, we have nothing to talk about, cuz this is exactly what i am trying to change (at least for progress loot) icon_e_smile.gif
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    So, there is a game mode, where the best chance of getting the top prize is spending some in-game currency. This currency is earnable without spending any money.

Yet, you choose to ignore this fact, and bemoan the entire system, because you feel entitled to the top prize now, and would rather spend the currency on a minimal chance for a cover.

Just because you don't understand the system, doesn't make it broken
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    pve is just a s roster based and you can't play when you want to hit max progression, especially if you need those refreshes because you don't have the required characters

There are a bunch of smelly statements in this thread but this one is near the top.

If you care zilch about placement in pve and only top progression you can certainly hit pve nodes when you want (you still have to play alot). I late join pve events about 90% of the time missing sometimes 2 entire subs. Lazily clearing going forward and hit max progression.

There still is a bit of a time sink involved for sure but if you pick the correct timeslice for your schedule a play when you want pve top progression is doable.

I might try and document this in a future pve. Not simulator since I can use the carnage covers for more champ levels.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I decided a couple of weeks ago to stop caring about placement in PvE. I hit max progression almost every time (only miss it when work is nuts) despite never yet having the 4* essential, and I play when I want.

PvE can be a grind, and certainly isn't as nail-biting as PvP can be, but it just is not as roster-dependent. I regularly made max progression when I was running 2*s - no way could I have competed in PvP with that roster.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    If your goal in pve is max progression, the only reason you'd have to worry about starting your timers quickly would be if you're missing 2 out of the 3 essentials. Even then, the 3* essential reward is usually attainable by the 2nd day of an event at a casual pace. If you're missing just 1 of the essentials or don't want to roster it, like Agent Venom, I still think max progression will be achieved by going 5/6 out of every node.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    vinsensual wrote:
    If your goal in pve is max progression, the only reason you'd have to worry about starting your timers quickly would be if you're missing 2 out of the 3 essentials. Even then, the 3* essential reward is usually attainable by the 2nd day of an event at a casual pace. If you're missing just 1 of the essentials or don't want to roster it, like Agent Venom, I still think max progression will be achieved by going 5/6 out of every node.
    We are talking about PvP. Doing max PvE progression loot is doable so there is no reason to discuss this issue.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    I will say this to the OP and every player looking to get ahead in PVP. At each level of your roster there is a cap you will hit before you need to start shield hoping. In the OP's case it is around 800-850 points. Everyone knows where there magic number is where you get beat down if you continue to play. If you really want to get that next tier you have to shield hop. That means spending HP for a shield, spending ISO to find tems worth enough points that you can beat, and then possible ISO on AP boosts to hop faster.

it can be really brutal sometimes. If you are farming 2* and playing PVE you should be able to gain a ton of HP to use on shields. I currently h e over 9K HP right now. I am not VIPand only spent $20 on this game a long time ago. The HP is there and I don't know what else you would really use it on.

People use their HP on roster slots since we have a new character every 2 weeks!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    I will say this to the OP and every player looking to get ahead in PVP. At each level of your roster there is a cap you will hit before you need to start shield hoping. In the OP's case it is around 800-850 points. Everyone knows where there magic number is where you get beat down if you continue to play. If you really want to get that next tier you have to shield hop. That means spending HP for a shield, spending ISO to find tems worth enough points that you can beat, and then possible ISO on AP boosts to hop faster.

it can be really brutal sometimes. If you are farming 2* and playing PVE you should be able to gain a ton of HP to use on shields. I currently h e over 9K HP right now. I am not VIPand only spent $20 on this game a long time ago. The HP is there and I don't know what else you would really use it on.

People use their HP on roster slots since we have a new character every 2 weeks!

Nowadays I'm getting an average of 100HP (4x25) each day from Shield Intercepts, and I'm not even close to hitting the limit of daily limit 20 intercepts. That's 1500HP or so in two weeks, more than enough for roster slots.