I am done with PvP ****

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

you win on the 10th round with this team, while 10 teams hit you and kill you on your 7th round (exaggeration but the point stands) that's the reason why you are getting hit so much.

if you are shield hopping, it's not so bad. but you were climbing. and climbing with that team is inviting trouble.

when you reach 800 points you are visible to everyone, including 5* teams. a 5* team will chew through hood AND IM40 for lunch and dinner.
    I was NEVER defeated by 5* characters (except for 5* at default level like OML) and i am rarely defeated by 4*s unless they are powered up. Mostly teams of 3*s kick my **** because, again, dumb AI and lack of powerups for defending team.
    Problem is, with 8 promoted 4*s i cant make useful combo of 2 or 3 powered up 4*s. So instead i am fighting usually with IM40 + Hood. And even when i fought with 4*s, i was defeated. Additionaly, attacking took much more time and took too much health so i had to use heals - with 10 heals its impossible to reach 900 points if your covers need to be healed after each fight. With shield it would be possible, but again - we are talking about free playing... PVE is also 100% doable without spending HPs.

soo... if you are defeated by teams lower than you (aka 3* players), don't you think it speaks volumes about your weak defensive team?

as many have said before me, you can learn from the veteran players here.... but if not, then it's time to say goodbye.

if you intend to get the 900 or top progression reward without any shields at your current roster, i think it is unrealistic.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    atomzed wrote:
    soo... if you are defeated by teams lower than you (aka 3* players), don't you think it speaks volumes about your weak defensive team?

as many have said before me, you can learn from the veteran players here.... but if not, then it's time to say goodbye.

if you intend to get the 900 or top progression reward without any shields at your current roster, i think it is unrealistic.
    No, it speaks only about dumb AI, and the ability of everyone to build efficient counter team against much stronger opponent. I am also able to defeat team with all 4*s powered, using 3*s... with powerpus and wit that AI will never have.
  • atomzed
    veny wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

No, it speaks only about dumb AI, and the ability of everyone to build efficient counter team against much stronger opponent. I am also able to defeat team with all 4*s powered, using 3*s... with powerpus and wit that AI will never have.

and everyone is on an equal footing. when you use your hood and im40, you are also relying on that "dumb AI".

at the same time, what you had is an incredible attractive team for others to fight.

think about it, as a 3* player, are they more likely to hit a team with hood/Im40 in it or with a buff 4* in it? definitely the former.

yes, you may not have the buffed 4* during the week. that means that you are fighting against those who have. the solution is to keep developing your roster such that you always have a 4* buffed in any week.

while you are developing the roster, the only solution will be to shield hop. or you can accept that you will be food for everyone during those weeks which your 4* isn't buffed.
  • veny
    atomzed wrote:
    veny wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

and everyone is on an equal footing. when you use your hood and im40, you are also relying on that "dumb AI".

at the same time, what you had is an incredible attractive team for others to fight.

think about it, as a 3* player, are they more likely to hit a team with hood/Im40 in it or with a buff 4* in it? definitely the former.

yes, you may not have the buffed 4* during the week. that means that you are fighting against those who have. the solution is to keep developing your roster such that you always have a 4* buffed in any week.

while you are developing the roster, the only solution will be to shield hop. or you can accept that you will be food for everyone during those weeks which your 4* isn't buffed.
    Wrong again.
    Yes, everyone is on equal footing, which means i am propably not the only one struggling to get 900 points.
    Developing better roster is an invalid argument - with more 4*s promoted, better championed 4*s or even promoted 5*s will appear - that the matchmaking "ballance". The only way how to profit from better roster is to have fully champed 5*s - at this point, no one will have better covers. But again - dumb AI and counter combo advantage will make your defensive capabilities questionable even with fully maxed 5*s.
    Honestly, i was much better in PvP before i promoted my first 4*. Now, even with team of promoted 4*s, i am defeated too often, so getting past 800 points is impossible without buying heal or shield.
    Shield may be the solution but does not fix the problem.
  • atomzed
    No one said that if you develop your roster, you will end up at the top. the people are advising you that if you 1) develop your roster, 2) shield intelligently, you will find it easier to reach the top progression (or 900).

But such persistence. Many have spoken.... but since you insist you are right, well, then you are 'right' to quit PVP.

Fare thee well.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    veny wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

Wrong again.
    Yes, everyone is on equal footing, which means i am propably not the only one struggling to get 900 points.
    Developing better roster is an invalid argument - with more 4*s promoted, better championed 4*s or even promoted 5*s will appear - that the matchmaking "ballance". The only way how to profit from better roster is to have fully champed 5*s - at this point, no one will have better covers. But again - dumb AI and counter combo advantage will make your defensive capabilities questionable even with fully maxed 5*s.
    Honestly, i was much better in PvP before i promoted my first 4*. Now, even with team of promoted 4*s, i am defeated too often, so getting past 800 points is impossible without buying heal or shield.
    Shield may be the solution but does not fix the problem.

You rage against the system that is in place, because you say you personally should be able to hit 900 points without a shield, yet this is exactly the advise you are giving yourself on what you have to do. If you are farming 2* and have championed 3* and play PVE to progression you should be swimming in HP. HP is meant for shields and roster slots. When you get to a point progression you know you are going to stall out use a shield and come back later. The HP you spend on shields is to get the 4* cover you want. Spending ISO on skips is Lao necessary to line up good points especially the higher you go.
    Then gain if you are refusing to spend the resources in the game or just don't have enough take a break from PVP until you do. This is the way PVP has been ever since shields were introduced and when there were no shields it was even worse then you are feeling now since everyone had the same end time and everyone had to play at the end and 1000 points was impossible even for the best rosters.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love this guy.
    OP: "Versus sucks blarg grah rage rah"
    Everyone else: "Well, you could do X."
    OP: "No, that's wrong."
    Everyone else: "Why not try Y? It works for everyone else around here."
    OP: "Nuh-uh! It obviously is wrong because I can't do it!"
    Everyone else: "You could also do Z. That worked for all these people."
    OP: fingers in ears LALALALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Yeah. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, buddy.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welp, I've just ragequit from the Punisher PVP because of some epic level ****.

Punisher has enough red to do his move, so I put my Punisher up front because he has 4000HP left and I don't care.
    Thing jumps in front to take the blow and dies. He was at 28,000HP our of 38,000 and just dies. So that was the end of that.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    giphy.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welp, I've just ragequit from the Punisher PVP because of some epic level ****.

Punisher has enough red to do his move, so I put my Punisher up front because he has 4000HP left and I don't care.
    Thing jumps in front to take the blow and dies. He was at 28,000HP our of 38,000 and just dies. So that was the end of that.
    Huh, they fixed that bug ages ago, so it must have reappeared recently, Make sure you report it.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I put a post on the bugs forum.
    I won the fight regardless and got hit in between for 71 points, so really it didn't matter either way. It was just one of those jaw dropping "****!?" moments.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I think the OP is putting too little thought into the health pool of his defensive teams. Put a defensive team with bigger health pool, and the attacks will be less. (The hood can be taken out with the match damage alone.)
    And I doubt that a team with two champed, boosted 4*s is so easy to beat with 3*s but yeah, having 2 champed, unboosted 4*s is no way a guarantee of defending against champed, boosted 3*s.
  • veny
    El Satanno wrote:
    I love this guy.

Well, i tried everything with no effect (oh, buying shield actually had a positive effect, but i am not willing nor able to do that in every PvP)... obviously you did not read whole thread and threads i made before and shared here.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:
    I love this guy.

Well, i tried everything with no effect (oh, buying shield actually had a positive effect, but i am not willing nor able to do that in every PvP)... obviously you did not read whole thread and threads i made before and shared here.

You get a 3h and an 8h shield free from progression alone. Not to mention anything you get from final standing. So you aren't unable to do that, simply unwilling to do what is required.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, they say.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    It sounds like the OP has a pretty extensive roster with all 3* and a handful of 4* champed. Which gives the impression that needing roster slots are not a problem. So, I'm just curious about one thing.

What are you spending your Hp on if not shields?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:
    I love this guy.

What are you using your HP on? Between 2 star.png farm, all 3 star.png champ, pve sub ends, and Shield Intercepts , I'm practicallyswimming in HP
  • veny
    It sounds like the OP has a pretty extensive roster with all 3* and a handful of 4* champed. Which gives the impression that needing roster slots are not a problem. So, I'm just curious about one thing.

What are you spending your Hp on if not shields?
    Mostly new slots. Sometimes also tokens - its a great way how to get ISO i desperately need.
    Daiches wrote:

You get a 3h and an 8h shield free from progression alone. Not to mention anything you get from final standing. So you aren't unable to do that, simply unwilling to do what is required.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, they say.
    50 + 50HP is enough for 3h shield. And shield will help me how? I cant attack while shielded. As soon as i attack someone, shield expires and i defeat spree starts again. Shield is good for saving time before heals refill... but thats all.
    Dont worry, i tried that too... and after shield expired, i was loosing points almost instantly.

Funny fact: This PvP i use Jean Grey level 220 (powered to 318) and Punisher... and guess what... at 575 points i was defeated by 367 Jean Grey and 390 OML. Better roster you say? Better roster is why game matches me with such a powerful players.
    I miss those days i was able to reach TOP3 with 3*s covers icon_lol.gif

I ask for reasonable progression system, nothing more. Loosing dozens of points in a few minutes is insane. I understand there must be some competition, but that should be the point of placement rewards, not progression...
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    veny wrote:
    veny wrote:
    200.gif#6
  • atomzed
    veny wrote:
    Mostly new slots. Sometimes also tokens - its a great way how to get ISO i desperately need.

I don't get it. You complain about shields expenses, and you are spending your hard earned hp on.... tokens? icon_rolleyes.gif

Tokens gives you a *chance* to get a 4*. You don't know what you will get.

A 3hr shield should be able to help you hit that 900 easily. climb to around 700 on a quiet time. shield out and line up 3 big targets worth 70 points. Unshield and quickly hit those targets. that will get you over 900 points. If your roster is still too young to handle it at one hop, then do 2 shields.

tokens (100 hp) = 0.2% in getting a unknown 4*

successful shield hop with 3 hr (75 HP) = a specific 4* cover

or if your roster is undeveloped, use 2 shields (225 HP) = specific 4* cover.

doing the maths, i know exactly what i will do.

You *dont need* to shield hop for every pvp. just choose the pvp that you want the cover for. lack that one cover for Iceman or Rulk? Just shield hop for that precious cover.

it's not too difficult maths.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    <snip>
    A 3hr shield should be able to help you hit that 900 easily. climb to around 700 on a quiet time. shield out and line up 3 big targets worth 70 points. Unshield and quickly hit those targets. that will get you over 900 points. If your roster is still too young to handle it at one hop, then do 2 shields.

Generally I agree with you, but I think that "3 big targets" is becoming a mythical beast. My experience is that unless you are very, very lucky, all you'll see are the same 4 to 6 unshielded guys each of them worth around 35 points and a very non-trivial battle. But of course YMMV.