A Strange Impulse

2»

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Threads like this renew my discipline for no pull November. Thanks guys icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    My 3strange is at 166. I don't hoard, so none from heroics. I got a couple good pulls from the free tokens in the strange vaults, then bought one of the strange vaults bc it had a 4* I needed. The hp I used to buy the strange vault was already saved so I didn't spend any real money to champ strange.

1-buying strange vault
    2-lucky tokens from strange event
    10-placement and progression rewards

So I'm happy with that, he's a good addition to the game and fun to play.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    There are 3 strang3 covers in the season sim. Much better use of time than fishing for a 3* with the extremely low percentage of the one you want dropping.

That's awesome, I was worried it take a while to get some champ levels on him. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    I got my 3* strange to level 167 without getting one from a heroic token. I can't rely on any tokens for covers I need. No luck and no willpower to hoard.
    Same. I emptied the 5trange vaults to get all the strang3 covers and then bought a couple 10-packs during the strang3 PvP event to finish him off - currently at 171, but cost me about 10k HP. I only missed out on 1 cover from events thanks to insane sentry goon scaling.

Wow that's a lot of money for a 3 star.
    Not really. The money was spent on CP for me and my alliance. The HP was a bonus that I used to max Strang3.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 3strange is at 166. I don't hoard, so none from heroics. I got a couple good pulls from the free tokens in the strange vaults, then bought one of the strange vaults bc it had a 4* I needed. The hp I used to buy the strange vault was already saved so I didn't spend any real money to champ strange.

1-buying strange vault
    2-lucky tokens from strange event
    10-placement and progression rewards

So I'm happy with that, he's a good addition to the game and fun to play.

Lucky...

73275371.jpg
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know where to post this...3*Strange just took a 300ish point nerf on his passive yellow...why? He was doing a little over 2k damage, now it's down to 1700ish. I play on my tablet & phone, and it took a bit to hit my phone, but they are both down 300 points now. Not very happy about this.
    If you're looking at him outside an event, 5 yellowflag.png at level 167 does 1721 damage. During his New Character boost week, boosted to 246 he does 2033.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Looks like there wasn't enough prayers to RNGesus.

I feel like I got lucky and was able to buy the vaults with him, then bought the last 5 covers with 100cp, and then a final push to 800 pts for an extra cover at 800 in the strange days PvP to champ him.

Having a champed 3* Strange rocks.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Mine will be finished with the blue from SSim, then I can use the two purples from my queue to champ him.

Never, ever rely on RNG to finish a character.

The alternatives for getting into the 4 star tier are currently, use rng, pay exorbitant amounts of money, or play another game

That statement is the polar opposite of MPQ, you can't even directly spend money to complete characters.

5 star tier is RNG or bust at this point, or take out a loan in the name of MPQ.
    5s are a different beast, but 4* covers come around so often with enough LT pulls that you can easily beat RNG - if you're a 5* player already.
    I know - if you're not, it's hard to get any 4* covered.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    56 Elites = 12 3*s, no Strange

66 Heroics = 2 4*s ( icon_jeangrey.pnggreenflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.pngblackflag.png ) and 13 3*s.

One of them being Strange.

TmIWMDm.gif
    icon_e_wink.gif