A Strange Impulse

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
3* Strange was finally added to Heroic tokens. I had 168 Heroic tokens saved up (138 singles + 3 10-pks). I really like Strange and he's at 0/4/4 so with much excitement I opened them up.

So here we go:

Tokens:
-
icon_punisher.pnggreenflag.png
icon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_ironman.pngredflag.png
icon_lukecage.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.png
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngwasp_icon.pngblackflag.pngyellowflag.png
icon_shehulk.pnggreenflag.png
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_cyclops.pngyellowflag.png
icon_loki.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_humantorch.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.pngblackflag.png
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_deadpool.pngblackflag.png
icon_sentry.pngredflag.png
icon_beast.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.png
icon_blackpanther.pngblueflag.png
icon_doctoroctopus.pngblueflag.png
icon_bullseye.pngpurpleflag.png
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_venom.pnggreenflag.png
icon_hood.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png
icon_quicksilver.pngblackflag.png
icon_ironfist.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_gamora.pngblackflag.png
icon_colossus_new.pngblackflag.png
icon_hulk.pngblackflag.png
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_peggycarter.pngredflag.png
icon_caroldanvers.pngredflag.png
icon_spiderman.pngpurpleflag.png
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ghostrider.pngredflag.png

10Pks:
icon_vision.pngyellowflag.png
icon_mystique.pngblueflag.png

icon_beast.pngblueflag.png
icon_rocket.pngblueflag.png
icon_storm.pnggreenflag.png
icon_cyclops.pngredflag.png
icon_ironman.pngredflag.png

icon_magneto.pngredflag.png
icon_ironman.pngblueflag.png
icon_squirrelgirl.pngpurpleflag.png
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_nickfury.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_quicksilver.pnggreenflag.png

122 2*, 38 3* and 8 4*.. Sadly and very disappointingly I did not open a single Strange token icon_e_sad.gif . I am starting to think he's not in there. Everyone I have talked to did not pull a Strange. I guess I will use my hoarded Tacos when he enters DDQ at the end of the cycle and earn his covers from SHIELD Sim this Season. Oh well, I got to finish some 2* farm characters and I leveled a SHIELD rank from all this but opening all these 2*'s made me wish we had a 3* token. Well I guess I will begin my hoard again.

Good luck to anyone choosing to open their tokens in hope of Strange covers. Comment below if you opened your hoard and if you opened a Strange drstrange_icon.png

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I opened nearly 300 tokens (heroic, elite, event) and didn't get a single drstrange_icon.png
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    I opened 76 Elite Tokens, about 90 Heroics, and 2 Heroic Ten Packs.

Out of that, I managed to get... 1 Strang3 (Purple).
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    morph3us wrote:
    I opened 76 Elite Tokens, about 90 Heroics, and 2 Heroic Ten Packs.

Out of that, I managed to get... 1 Strang3 (Purple).

Well at least we have confirmation he exists in the tokens
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    I opened 93 Heroics (plus maybe ten more from champion rewards) and two Heroic 10-packs.

All those tokens, zero drstrange_icon.png .
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got my 3* strange to level 167 without getting one from a heroic token. I can't rely on any tokens for covers I need. No luck and no willpower to hoard.
  • Wow, so apparently I was not the only one with my modest ~70 tokens. Seems kinda frustrating though. icon_e_sad.gif
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    The draw rate is 0.6%, that's close to 1 in 200 draws, its not surprising you didn't get one from 70 tokens
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same here - 60 elite, 50 HP and 4 10-packs. Zero Strange covers. Well - 3 will be given for the next season simulator so there is that.
  • spectator wrote:
    The draw rate is 0.6%, that's close to 1 in 200 draws, its not surprising you didn't get one from 70 tokens
    True that. Still, after hoarding for over half a season the idea of such a rate can be kind of hard to grasp. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Pulled two from Heroic tokens today. He's there. Try bribing the RNG.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Normal tbh, there are other 3*'s you didn't draw too. Three stars come fast enough not to even worry about it. I opened 100 heroics and 100 elites and didn't get lot's of various 3*. I also only got one 4* so did well icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I opened 53 elites and 39 heroics today and managed to get 1 Strange - it was purple but can't win 'em all!
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I got my 3* strange to level 167 without getting one from a heroic token. I can't rely on any tokens for covers I need. No luck and no willpower to hoard.
    Same. I emptied the 5trange vaults to get all the strang3 covers and then bought a couple 10-packs during the strang3 PvP event to finish him off - currently at 171, but cost me about 10k HP. I only missed out on 1 cover from events thanks to insane sentry goon scaling.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine will be finished with the blue from SSim, then I can use the two purples from my queue to champ him.

Never, ever rely on RNG to finish a character.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    I opened about 50 Elites and over 50 Standards. No Strange. I really really wanted a yellow! Mine is 0/0/2. I want some Strange covers. icon_e_sad.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really really wanted a yellow! Mine is 0/0/2. I want some Strange covers. icon_e_sad.gif

I've always thought the Devil Dinosaur and Bagman covers are pretty strange.
  • cyclopsbill
    cyclopsbill Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I don't know where to post this...3*Strange just took a 300ish point nerf on his passive yellow...why? He was doing a little over 2k damage, now it's down to 1700ish. I play on my tablet & phone, and it took a bit to hit my phone, but they are both down 300 points now. Not very happy about this.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same. I emptied the 5trange vaults to get all the strang3 covers and then bought a couple 10-packs during the strang3 PvP event to finish him off - currently at 171, but cost me about 10k HP. I only missed out on 1 cover from events thanks to insane sentry goon scaling.

Wow that's a lot of money for a 3 star.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Mine will be finished with the blue from SSim, then I can use the two purples from my queue to champ him.

Never, ever rely on RNG to finish a character.

The alternatives for getting into the 4 star tier are currently, use rng, pay exorbitant amounts of money, or play another game

That statement is the polar opposite of MPQ, you can't even directly spend money to complete characters.

5 star tier is RNG or bust at this point, or take out a loan in the name of MPQ.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are 3 strang3 covers in the season sim. Much better use of time than fishing for a 3* with the extremely low percentage of the one you want dropping.