VS SCL8...

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Punter1 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Do note, though, that Season progression for SCL8 gives a total of 150HP more in progression and at least 1500 more Iso for placement (both personal and alliance) than SCL7. (Also, SHIELD simulator gives a total of a 100 more iso in SCL8, yaaay). So even if you are considering to normally join SCL7 PVP, it may be a good idea to join SCL8 for the very first one.

Do you know if CL for season will be based on individual selection, first PVP or SIM selection? I can't remember how it went last season, but I remember selecting a few times. I want CL8 for season (why not) but will probably do more PVPs at CL7.

If you choose a Clearance Level for shield sim or Army of One, it will automatically choose whichever CL you chose for that event for the season. So if you want to go lower in CLs for event than your season, choose your season CL first.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering the higher CL are meant to be available as your rosters progress, the face a 4* reward for placement is STILL so insanely high, coupled with a 3* placement also being top 50...I'm honestly wondering if they forgot the purpose of the CL at all.

By CL8, 3* should be the equivilent of the in previous tiers 2*. There shouldn't be 2* placement except in the form of elite tokens. Lowest guaranteed cover should be a 3* and then a 4* where the 3*s are for the tier below, top 50 perhaps. Top 25 at *least* if you're holding that kind of "generosity" back for later tiers.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two CLs to go and they're STILL treating 4* covers like **** unicorns.

Just when I'm starting to feel positive about the game, another kick in the happysack.

<insert Rafiki holding Simba jpg>
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I'm guessing they aren't spinal tap fans. Spinal Tap amps would be wasted.

PT_10661.jpg

CL20 might actually get us to 2 on the knob.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    My focus since SCL was implemented was earning as much XP as possible to level my SHIELD Rank for the upcoming SCL expansions.

Now I feel like what's the point of grinding all PvE nodes 6x, timely sending TUs every 8 hrs, and acquiring as many tokens as possible to add champ levels if each SCL barely adds any rewards. PvE SCL didn't bother me much because the 3* expanded to T400 so I could relax some events plus additional alliance tokens but I don't see much difference in PvP progression, placement or alliance. A tad bit more Iso and HP is not enticing at all.

I hope they screwed up and this isn't the actual SCL8 rewards.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm getting the distinct impression that CL 10 (whenever it comes out) will be what CL 7 should have been.

The current implementation of CL is completely useless.

Making fewer and fewer high level players compete over meaningless rewards (yeah, one additional 4* cover will help a ton, thanks) isn't going to keep vets engaged.

We were promised relevant rewards for our respective tiers of play.

I'm still waiting for those.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    halirin wrote:
    Well if everyone who can goes to 8, that makes SC7 more attractive for placement - basically twice as many rewards are being given out.

At first I thought that would be the case, but it was explained to me that there are about the same number of rewards handed out either way. This is because we are placed in groups of 1000 to compete for prizes. Some of the groups may move to level 8, but there will still be roughly the same number of groups overall.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    That's a good point. I guess it just increases the possibility of unfilled brackets.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am curious what will be in SCL 9 and 10... perhaps another 1000 iso? 50 more HP? I was hoping for more 3*/4*/5* covers or cp... maybe I was being too greedy.

Or maybe SCL 9 and 10 will have rewards between 900 and 1200 points to entice people with non-champed 5* rosters to score more than 900 points... the fact that it's such a challenging path from 900 to 1200 still smarts and takes away a bit of the excitement of winning more ISO and HP in the SCL.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    DuckyV wrote:
    75 more iso8.png for SCL8 Shield Sim

150 more imcoin.png for SCL* Season Progressions.

Laughable upgrades.

They did a good job with PVE, but have really pooped the bed with PVP.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noobulator wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:
    75 more iso8.png for SCL8 Shield Sim

150 more imcoin.png for SCL* Season Progressions.

Laughable upgrades.

They did a good job with PVE, but have really pooped the bed with PVP.

Nope, PVE 7 to 8 jump was a joke too. I was expecting PVP to be bad based on how bad PVE was.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Well, there will be less competition to be 1st. I dunno if that's an improvement or not. I'm kind of...*shrug*.
    I don't think this is the case. The number of top tier competitors will be the same, but the number of brackets will be less. Where previously I might be the only person from my BC in a bracket, now I might have 2 or 3 guys in there with me. Previously we might have all gotten 1st, now only one of us will.

I'll have to see though. I'll try CL8 for the first event and season, but if it is crowded I might actually drop down to CL7 where I have a better shot at 1st for events with usable 4* rewards for me.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to say in general with PVP SCL, it's really quite hard to see the difference between when we had it and we didn't have it. Basically some extra ISO, HP and now some CP is thankfully given out at an achievable point level, but other than that, no big difference.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    This is the type of thread I hope brigby will get an opportunity to comment on. Give the community some insight into the reason behind the little step up in rewards for cl8. Or maybe just the devs thought on the future scl reward scaling
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wasn't expecting much from SCL8 and I'm still dissapointed icon_lol.gif
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Well, there will be less competition to be 1st. I dunno if that's an improvement or not. I'm kind of...*shrug*.
    I don't think this is the case. The number of top tier competitors will be the same, but the number of brackets will be less. Where previously I might be the only person from my BC in a bracket, now I might have 2 or 3 guys in there with me. Previously we might have all gotten 1st, now only one of us will.

I'll have to see though. I'll try CL8 for the first event and season, but if it is crowded I might actually drop down to CL7 where I have a better shot at 1st for events with usable 4* rewards for me.

Sure, only one of you will, but you won't need to fight one another for first place because the difference between 1-5 is so little that it won't be worth it. Problem is competition to be 5th will be much harder.
  • Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail.

Stingy D3/Demi is stingy. Can we expect to get +500 iso going from SCL8 to SCL10? At this rate that might even be asking too much.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on board with anything that gives me a chance at more ISO, even if it's only a measly 500.

Anyway, the jump from 6 to 7 is a big one, so it makes sense that 7 to 8 would be marginal. I'd expect 8 to 9 will be about the same, with 10 offering either multiple 4 star.png progression covers or maybe, maybe a 5 star.png. That's a big maybe because introducing guaranteed 5 star.png covers kind of traps them into even more steady power creep and makes 6 star.png characters inevitable.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point I'd be shocked to see a 5 star.png . I'm think SCL 10 will have 3 covers of the 4 star.png for Top 1 or a LT + 2 4 star.png covers for the top slot. People would not be happy with it, but that's where I'm setting my expectations so I'm not crushed when the joke comes out.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I agree. Maybe an LT or 15-25 CP, but not a guaranteed 5*.