VS SCL8...

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Yeah, not impressed

Comments

• Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Well, there will be less competition to be 1st. I dunno if that's an improvement or not. I'm kind of...*shrug*.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    yeah...i agree. i was expecting the 4* to be available to the top 10 or 20. So an extra 4* for the top 5 is not where i say yippie. So extra iso, herioc is what was added. I really was hoping for more.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zero change to progression, and only a single cover more for the top 5? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zero change to progression, and only a single cover more for the top 5? icon_rolleyes.gif
    There's 500 more iso8.png @ 825!
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Considering the minuscule differences between PvE SL7 and SL8, I can't say I'm surprised. Still disappointing though. Hopefully SL9 and SL10 are actual improvements...
  • ClydeFrog76
    They could've AT LEAST made the 3* rewards top 100.

Ebenezer Scrooge would be proud!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    The difference is 500 ISO in progression and 500 ISO in placement.

They really be more creative with CL. More ISO per node or more ISO per match for higher CL. They want CL to mean something but they are really limiting the resources given out and are not telling the player add to strive for the higher CL. Each CL should have major improvements to rewards not 1k ISO total.
  • ClydeFrog76
    Great idea, implemented poorly.
    64035380.jpg
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I'd just like to echo the sentiments of being overall disappointed with the implementation of rewards for SCL8 in PvP. There wasn't even any expansion of covers to lower ranking tiers. I could understand keeping 4*s to top 5, but restricting 3*s to t50 still...not a good look.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    They could've AT LEAST made the 3* rewards top 100.

That's what I was hoping for. In PvE, SC8 extended 3 star covers from top 50 to top 200. I was hoping that PvP would extend it to top 100 at least, but nope, nothing.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Wasn't expecting much. Would have liked to see a bit more iso and hp boosts in the ladder though.

But I'm happy with my daily iso and hp gains recently so not gonna grumble too much about it.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like to point out that cl 8 in pve is similar and we felt the same way, but now that it's out I've noticed that it is easier to place higher simply because the player base is split. So I am happy enough about cl 8.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Well if everyone who can goes to 8, that makes SC7 more attractive for placement - basically twice as many rewards are being given out.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    The season-long progression rewards are also a pretty minor upgrade. Overall, pretty meh.
  • Ducky
    75 more iso8.png for SCL8 Shield Sim

150 more imcoin.png for SCL* Season Progressions.

Laughable upgrades.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do note, though, that Season progression for SCL8 gives a total of 150HP more in progression and at least 1500 more Iso for placement (both personal and alliance) than SCL7. (Also, SHIELD simulator gives a total of a 100 more iso in SCL8, yaaay). So even if you are considering to normally join SCL7 PVP, it may be a good idea to join SCL8 for the very first one.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Another vote for being disappointed. New SCL8? My thoughts? Meh.
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Is that a new token in Versus Alliance Rewards for CL8?
  • Ducky
    Is that a new token in Versus Alliance Rewards for CL8?

Pretty sure that just means an event token as opposed to a heroic or elite token.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Do note, though, that Season progression for SCL8 gives a total of 150HP more in progression and at least 1500 more Iso for placement (both personal and alliance) than SCL7. (Also, SHIELD simulator gives a total of a 100 more iso in SCL8, yaaay). So even if you are considering to normally join SCL7 PVP, it may be a good idea to join SCL8 for the very first one.

Do you know if CL for season will be based on individual selection, first PVP or SIM selection? I can't remember how it went last season, but I remember selecting a few times. I want CL8 for season (why not) but will probably do more PVPs at CL7.