R114 Release Notes - (11/22/2016)

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey everyone,

Here are the final release notes for the R114 update. They should be available for download later today!

MPQ R114!

Never a bad hair day.

What’s Changed:
    - Removed the confirmation window when changing Power Levels with Championed characters. - Further reduced loading times. - Friendly fortified trap tiles now display the correct description. - Critical titles will no longer make matches immediately when making a match-5 with Black Widow (Original) on the team with the power
Espionage.
- Elektra's Shadow Step power no longer prevents the turn from ending in rare situations.
- Tokens redeemed from the Vault immediately show up in their store.
- Recruiting characters that you have sold before now properly display in the New Character Recruited screen.
- Numerous small fixes to the early stages of the game.
- You are now able to see the scores of everyone in your alliance for Boss events.
- Star Lord's Everyone With Me power only displays the banner when the Countdown tile elapses.
- Team-Ups are no longer saved between battles unless manually selected by the player.
- Retaliation pins no longer overwrite a mission you are currently viewing the description for.
- Tiles that were recently changed to different type of title now display the correct color in the tile description.
- XP Earned notifications no longer play on top of each other when earning XP quickly.
- Survival missions now darken when they have been fully completed.
- The preview for S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 125 now displays when a player reaches Rank 124.
- Ant-Man's Pym Particle Trap tile and Small Time Crook's Countdown tile are now removed when one of the tiles is locked and Ant-Man activates Grow.

*Updated to final release notes on (11/22/2016)

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    MPQ R114!

What’s Changed:

- Critical titles will no longer make matches immediately when making a match-5 with Black Widow (Original) on the team with the power Espionage.

Wow I am surprised this was not patched over two years when the players constantly brought it up.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmm... Medusa?
  • Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Cthulhu wrote:
    MPQ R114!

Never a bad hair day.

What’s Changed:
      - You are now able to see the scores of everyone in your alliance for Boss events.

Hmmm... Incoming boss fight?
  • Juandmp
    Juandmp Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I hope the S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept Error Messages is also fix with the patch.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow fixing SL yellow banner is a huge improvement to quality of play. Thats a real game changer
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bondidude wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:
    MPQ R114!

Never a bad hair day.

What’s Changed:

Boss Rush 2: Our Customers Haven't Suffered Enough icon_twisted.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is already slated for update on Sunday?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Cthulhu wrote:
    MPQ R114!

What’s Changed:

- Critical titles will no longer make matches immediately when making a match-5 with Black Widow (Original) on the team with the power Espionage.

Wow I am surprised this was not patched over two years when the players constantly brought it up.

ZOMGOSH, it's finally going to get fixed!!!!!!!!
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the update!
    Cthulhu wrote:
    I hope that this works for Mystique and ProfX and whoever else was also exhibiting this behaviour!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    It may be an edge case, but believe me -- one time going into a fight against a mid-range 4* team and then finding yourself up against level 400+ 5* opponents is more than enough.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Another patch, another missed opportunity to fix duplicate covers.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    MPQ R114!

Never a bad hair day.
    Well it's about time! Players have been expecting this character for a while now. Finally we're getting Dazzler.
    - Ant-Man's Pym Particle Trap tile and Small Time Crook's Countdown tile are now removed when one of the tiles is locked and Ant-Man activates Grow.[/list]
    Oh, I didn't know this existed. How unfortunate. I was really hoping that at some point, Grow would only eliminate the tile for the color used. Instead, devs are making double sure it gets rid of both. icon_e_sad.gif
    Bondidude wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

My guess is that for Thanksgiving, alliances will get to fight a Giant Turkey boss. The mechanic to beat it is to "overfeed" the boss. When you beat it, your team has a "Holiday Feast", true healing them to full.
    The Christmas boss will be nasty though. We have to fight Krampus to rescue Santa, but if you can get past Krampus stealing your AP and reducing your ability ranks (minimum of 1), Santa gives you one cover for each member of the team you used in a color that isn't at rank 5!
    #Dreaming
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    No fix for the crashes on Android? I dropped shield yesterday to climb to 900, first battle loaded, crash. Loss of ~30 points and time, slightly injured team, needed one more battle than planned to reach 900, and more time and ISO to search out decent targets.

Daily Deadpool today, essential node, crash. It's at least a couple of times a day at the moment.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2016
    Can we get this stickied?

Edit thanks
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I was hoping to see a fix for 2-stars that are maxed sometimes having the wrong sell price. My 144 Thor is still only worth 100 HP and 17K ISO. Maybe next build. Thanks for the fixes in this one!
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Never a bad hair day.
    Dazzler confirmed.
    Cthulhu wrote:
    - Removed the confirmation window when changing Power Levels with Championed characters.
    - Further reduced loading times.
    Very welcome improvements.
    Cthulhu wrote:
    - Friendly fortified trap tiles now display the correct description.
    Wait... you can fortify trap tiles? How? Power Man? Gonna have to try that out...
    Cthulhu wrote:
    - Star Lord's Everyone With Me power only displays the banner when the Countdown tile elapses.
    This appears to already be in the game; the banner has only been activating for me, not his full animation, when the countdown tile goes off. I expect it was in a daily patch. Awesome change.
    Cthulhu wrote:
    - Survival missions now darken when they have been fully completed.
    I'm not entirely sure what this means (were those nodes showing in a brighter color or something?), but you know what Survival mission change would be really awesome (and has been requested many, many times)? A constant display showing you what wave number you're on, out of how many waves total. Wave 1/5. Wave 2/3. So simple, and people would benefit from it every day in The Big Enchilada.
    Cthulhu wrote:
    - The preview for S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 125 now displays when a player reaches Rank 124.
    First Whale Problems... but good work whoever reported that one. Thank you, sincerely, for your contributions to the game.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Never a bad hair day?

Can only mean one thing! DC Comics is allowing Captain Carrot in Marvel Puzzle Quest!!!!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    No fix for the crashes on Android? I dropped shield yesterday to climb to 900, first battle loaded, crash. Loss of ~30 points and time, slightly injured team, needed one more battle than planned to reach 900, and more time and ISO to search out decent targets.

Daily Deadpool today, essential node, crash. It's at least a couple of times a day at the moment.

Is it always crashing when the board drops?

If so, what's up with that? Steam version has crashed that way for 2+ years. The frequency varies with each patch. Sometimes it's only once a week, sometimes it's multiple times per day. But it always crashes when the board drops.

In 3 years of play, I've only seen the game crash at any other point in the match or UI experience once. But it's crashed on board drop literally hundreds of times.

Seems to be something about the board validation, or the board drop animation. Someone ought to look at that.

All tickets on the issue are blown off.

Always when the board is first displayed. I thought it was linked to pre-display of boosts or passive powers such as Peggy's, but that definitely wasn't the case in this morning's Daily Deadpool.

My Wolveroach account plays on Steam, and I can't remember when last it crashed. I guess it's one of those "your mileage may vary" situations.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Juandmp wrote:
    I hope the S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept Error Messages is also fix with the patch.

i'd expected this to be first on the list as I'm pretty sure Hi-Fi had mentioned it was in line for a R114 fix, it's omission is disappointing.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was also looking forward to Intercepts working 100% of the time in the new patch. However I will say that it seems to be working more now than it did before.