Oddly Spec'ed Heroes

Options
2»

Comments

• Zifna
    Zifna Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is why they need to institute a trading feature.

Open trades would break the game, but maybe if the ability to trade a cover was an uncommon reward. For example, a big PvE event like Simulator could offer the ability to make a trade when you reached 30,000 points or something.

This would take a lot of frustration out of the game, allow us to directly help friends, but still be limited enough not to impact the overall game economy too much.
  • I'm really limited on my covers for C.Mag at 2/4/4. It's really odd. I get most of my covers from Diabolical Tokens since I can't break Top 25 in LRs, but for most of the distribution to be in Red/Purple is just really odd.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zifna wrote:
    This is why they need to institute a trading feature.

Open trades would break the game, but maybe if the ability to trade a cover was an uncommon reward. For example, a big PvE event like Simulator could offer the ability to make a trade when you reached 30,000 points or something.

This would take a lot of frustration out of the game, allow us to directly help friends, but still be limited enough not to impact the overall game economy too much.
    Agreed on open trades, but maybe a 1:1 for common, 2:1 for uncommon, and 3:1 for rares when you trade in. If you trade with another user it's at the same ratio, but you each pay 1, 2, or 3, and get 1 back. The others are eaten by the system with no ISO reward like destroying a cover.
  • I thought this was gonna be about legit odd builds, not just incomplete characters. My gsbw is 5/3/5, but I have heavily contemplated 5/5/3 for reasons. Pistol is actually kinda cool, albeit underpowered.
  • MikeyMan wrote:
    Spider man - 3/2/5 icon_e_sad.gif

I'm jealous. Mine was stuck at 3/2/1 for like two months, and has been 4/2/1 since shortly after respec was added. I've pulled 6 or 7 yellow covers, and only 3 of the other 2 (all in 2013).
  • The Finn
    The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought this was gonna be about legit odd builds, not just incomplete characters. My gsbw is 5/3/5, but I have heavily contemplated 5/5/3 for reasons. Pistol is actually kinda cool, albeit underpowered.
    In that vein, my mn.mags is 5/3/5, with blue being arguably his weakest ability due to the long countdown. 3/5/5 probably makes more sense.
  • I thought this was gonna be about legit odd builds, not just incomplete characters. My gsbw is 5/3/5, but I have heavily contemplated 5/5/3 for reasons. Pistol is actually kinda cool, albeit underpowered.
    In that vein, my mn.mags is 5/3/5, with blue being arguably his weakest ability due to the long countdown. 3/5/5 probably makes more sense.

MN.Mags is da bomb. The blue is only good against really spammy goons like the Don where the board is full of countdowns and you want to clear all, then 5 in blue is unbeatable. If you don't have heroes with strong Blue then maybe 3 purple is fine. Then again, it's not as getting the damage alone off of the blue criticals that you create beats a lot of other abilities and shakes up the board really nicely.
  • Nothing's a sad as a spidey missing blue. Mine is currently 2/0/3. Not as bad as the 0/0/5 above, but almost worse in some ways. I had two in yellow at first. Yellow without any ability to make web tiles is useless. He actually may be worse than 0/0/5.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't find Psylocke blue or Daredevil blue, but they're both fairly recent additions and not characters I plan to use much anyway.
  • lazer wrote:
    I have a 5/2/0 Classic Magneto that can't Magnetically Translocate. You'd think the one thing Magneto would be able to do is move things magnetically.
    I'm slightly worse off, have had c.mags at 5/0/0 for a long time. Would love to be able to dump iso into him. With that said, I still use him constantly and spam the hell out of that blue. icon_e_biggrin.gif

So I just used a standard token and pulled a Classic Magneto .... red. Hello 5/3/0 Magneto. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • The Finn
    The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    lazer wrote:
    lazer wrote:
    I have a 5/2/0 Classic Magneto that can't Magnetically Translocate. You'd think the one thing Magneto would be able to do is move things magnetically.
    I'm slightly worse off, have had c.mags at 5/0/0 for a long time. Would love to be able to dump iso into him. With that said, I still use him constantly and spam the hell out of that blue. icon_e_biggrin.gif

So I just used a standard token and pulled a Classic Magneto .... red. Hello 5/3/0 Magneto. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'd happily take that cover off your hands if i could...
  • lazer wrote:
    lazer wrote:

I'd happily take that cover off your hands if i could...

Just realised how whiny I sounded in that post. First world MPQ problems.
  • Pleefs
    Pleefs Posts: 122
    Options
    Well, thanks to alliance rewards, my Hulk is no longer 5/0/0....

He's now a whopping 5/0/1 !!! icon_eek.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    lazer wrote:
    lazer wrote:

I kind of feel your pain as my Magneto is a 2-5-0 build at level 70. I can spam magnetic projectiles all day long for minimal damage. And that purple cover continues to elude me!!!