Clarity of Clearance Levels please

2»

Comments

• amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    DeNappa wrote:
    I can't think of a reason you'd want to play on a lower clearance level than your maximum. The rewards are better all around the higher you go, but other than that the game stays the same. I guess you could see it as rewarding the players sticking around for a long time. (In other news, my daily resupply yesterday gave me one whopping standard token, day 650ish icon_lol.gif )

Only reason to play lower is to favor placement over progression (assuming you'll place higher in a lower CL. I saw a CL6 PvP bracket the other day that had a whole bunch of top players in it, because they all wanted the extra Strang3 cover instead of Starlord. Oops).
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    guib wrote:
    is there somewhere a post that detailed the rewards for the SUBnodes and compare them between CL7 and CL8 ?
    I cant find the information icon_e_sad.gif
    or are there no differences for subnodes ?

No difference. It's placement and progression only.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    So if the difficulty is exactly the same, why would you ever play in a Clearance level below your maximum level, especially since the rewards are less for the exact same effort?

So confused right now icon_eek.gif

I think the idea is when you start out you're at shield level 1 and clearance level 1. So you get rewards appropriate for your place in the game.
    This way you can build a 2* roster up faster and then when you're making the 3* transition you should be a high enough clearance level to start getting those placement rewards now.

Those of us who's played for a long time have skipped CL1-6 entirely because we're already well past the point where those rewards are relevent. We need our 4* covers more than 3*s. It's a fairly elegant system really since it would have been difficult changing the reward system for everyone without screwing someone. The old non-CL style world was 2* if you turned up for class but did no work; 3* if you tried hard, more rewards the harder you tried; and a 4* if you were teacher's pet and stayed behind to pound the erasers afterwards.

They needed a method to give the 4* players a better chance at getting a cover, especially since there was a 4* required node with no way to get that required character unlike the 2* and 3* nodes, and CL does the job nicely. If you're at that stage in your career, you should be hitting as high as you can =)
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    It will be interesting to see what changes they make for CL9 and 10, hopefully one of them will drop standards for elites in all places where they crop up.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Crowl wrote:
    It will be interesting to see what changes they make for CL9 and 10, hopefully one of them will drop standards for elites in all places where they crop up.

To be honest, they should've done that for CL7 or CL8. Who the heck needs a standard token at that point in the game? And, then CL9 and CL10 should've consider replacing the Elite tokens with Heroic. At this point, we can still hope for your wish that the Elites replace Standards.

Of course, given the pace of CL8 rollout, it'll likely be Feb 2017 before they figure out how to do that...and, the likely increase in rewards between CL9 and CL8 will be immaterial, just like CL8 and CL7...
  • guib
    guib Posts: 83 Match Maker
    guib wrote:
    is there somewhere a post that detailed the rewards for the SUBnodes and compare them between CL7 and CL8 ?
    I cant find the information icon_e_sad.gif
    or are there no differences for subnodes ?

No difference. It's placement and progression only.

sorry, I meant the placement rewards for the submissions
    particularly the differences for T50 or T100 between CL7 and CL8 :

since there is already almost no differences in progression rewards between CL7 and 8
    and considering it requires the same work and time for T100 in CL8 and T50 (or T20) in 7, I was starting to consider CL8 was not worth it if T100 CL8 rewards for submissons were not really better than T50 CL7...
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    DeNappa wrote:
    I can't think of a reason you'd want to play on a lower clearance level than your maximum. The rewards are better all around the higher you go, but other than that the game stays the same. I guess you could see it as rewarding the players sticking around for a long time. (In other news, my daily resupply yesterday gave me one whopping standard token, day 650ish icon_lol.gif )

Only reason to play lower is to favor placement over progression (assuming you'll place higher in a lower CL. I saw a CL6 PvP bracket the other day that had a whole bunch of top players in it, because they all wanted the extra Strang3 cover instead of Starlord. Oops).
    There's also the reason to play at your max Clearance level so you aren't a jerk trying to take the top rewards from newer players who don't have as deep of a roster as you and can't compete as well. Then again, bullying happens in pvp all the time, so why not add that to pve but indirectly.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    dsds wrote:
    DeNappa wrote:

There's also the reason to play at your max Clearance level so you aren't a jerk trying to take the top rewards from newer players who don't have as deep of a roster as you and can't compete as well. Then again, bullying happens in pvp all the time, so why not add that to pve but indirectly.

Then there's the fact that even at scl 66 I am 'bullied' by the players who should be in scl 9 or 10. You can't really go there until the whole system is implemented.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    dsds wrote:
    DeNappa wrote:

Then there's the fact that even at scl 66 I am 'bullied' by the players who should be in scl 9 or 10. You can't really go there until the whole system is implemented.
    Two wrong don't make a right? Three lefts make a right though
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I'm still surprised they don't lock you to w/e cl you should be at and stretch the required levels out.