Oh No! Your MPQ party cruise ship hits an iceberg and sinks!

2»

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    star.pngicon_ironman.png , 3 active damage skills.
    star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.png ..give me your AP, heal us, and double dip some strikes please.
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_kamalakhan.png Heal, ap generation, aoe.. yes pls.
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_nova.png , because...Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee (still so much fun to use)
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png , someone has to tank for these squshies.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    But seriously:

star.pngicon_juggernaut.png because he's my only one
    star.pngstar.pngicon_ares.png beyond being totally nails? He can take on the Ddq nodes by himself, to further highlight those nails credentials.
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_scarletwitch.png it would be a close run thing with icon_ironman.png, but Wanda gets the nod thanks to her compatibility with:
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_jeangrey.png begone enemy tiles, begone!
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png he's finally got his claws! He has to stay now (as long as he doesn't flash them on the boat, sinking it)
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Daiches wrote:
    Alternate:
    Juggs
    Ares
    Switch
    HB
    Phoenix

Alternate team is basically Red Death
    Surprised you are the first to mention PHX. Mine would be:
    Juggs
    Storm
    SWitch
    Iceman
    PHX

I think SWitch/PHX is the most reliably fast 3/5 team around, and PHX green adds considerable sustainability. Iceman over HB for that cheap stun, AoE, and also more sustainability.

Alternatively Strang3/OML to replace SWitch/PHX, and maybe Rulk instead of Iceman in that scenario. Problem with Strang3/OML is you need black on the board, and an enemy that fires a lot of powers.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Sorry to spoil your cruise party but with so many heroes on board everyone Is getting saved. This ship ain't going down like that pal.

Spider-Mans spider sense would have Been buzzing off the Richter scale, he would have alerted Magneto. 
    Magnto would have magnetically guided the ship to safety.

If magneto and spiderman were sleeping and the ship hit the iceberg then this is what would have happened.

Ice man would have frozen the ice around the ship stopping it from sinking.

Or 

Magneto would have Been woken up and lifted the entire ship out of the water and carried the ship to safety.

icon_lol.gif   Lol, I know there's always one party pooper isn't there.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    star.png : icon_ironman.png Iron Man 35. I know everyone hates this guy but I still have him rostered and I can't bring myself to get rid of him. He was my first character! I can't just toss him aside!

star.pngstar.png : icon_ares.png Ares. I just love this dude because every move he has is some variation of "IMMA HIT IT WITH AN AXE."

star.pngstar.pngstar.png : icon_ironman.png Iron Man Model 40. I just need, like, a little more AP, man. Just like two points of red and I'm good for a bit, c'mon. (scratches neck)

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png : icon_jeangrey.png Teen Jean. She's not the powerhouse she used to be, but she was my first fully covered 4*, is currently my highest leveled, and I just have a soft spot for her that I can't ignore.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png : icon_wolverine.png OML. Dem heals, tho.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Oh no, I'm going to pass on a one star. It's not that I want Juggs to drown, but let's face it, he may be a beast in the game, I don't want him on my life boat. He'll totally sink it, not to mention eat all of the food, besides, he's awful company.

For two star, I'd love to take Moonstone cause there's a lot to be said for a psychiatrist that doesn't like to wear pants but ultimately, I've got to go Storm, let's face it, windstorm will make sure the lifeboat actually gets somewhere.

From the ranks of three star characters, I've got to go with Wanda. Her ability to manipulate reality is crucial in changing the life raft to a luxury yacht complete with a cow catcher to ward off further icebergs.

As a four star character I've got to go with Howard. I think that choice speaks for itself.

Finally, in the five star ranks, I'd take Natasha cause Scarlett Johansson!

star.png
    star.pngstar.pngicon_moonstone.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_scarletwitch.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pnghoward_icon.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.png

Edit: After realizing Witchy Poo was going to make a luxury liner, windstorm becomes less important so my two star save goes back to the pantsless wonder.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    star.png Yelena, who can resist a girl with an accent.
    star.pngstar.png Moonstone, those legs go on forever.
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png Grey Suit Black Widow, fishnets, hello.
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (Barely Legal) Teen Jean
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Phoenix, coming back to life is a little creepy, but secretly very hot.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    star.png Juggernaut - he's the only one on my roster.
    star.pngstar.png Ares - DDQ mostly, he's one of the few that's safe from being locked out
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png IM40 - Too much AP generation to pass up.
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Peggy. Too valuable
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Champed OML wins over getting the last of the rainbow coverage from my 5/4/0 PHX.

3* is easily the hardest choice.

If I could choose from a full max roster, OML gets replaced with Bolt. I think that's the only change I'd make though.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry to spoil your cruise party but with so many heroes on board everyone Is getting saved. This ship ain't going down like that pal.

Spider-Mans spider sense would have Been buzzing off the Richter scale, he would have alerted Magneto. 

If magneto and spiderman were sleeping and the ship hit the iceberg then this is what would have happened.

Or 

Magneto would have Been woken up and lifted the entire ship out of the water and carried the ship to safety.

Apparently my MPQ characters are A LOT more drunk on the party cruise ship than yours would be and thus rendered largely incapable of any of the feats you describe. In fact, the ship my characters were on likely went down through their antics...which may explain why my advancement in this game as been so slow, at times... icon_e_smile.gif

In any case, back to the original question at hand:

star.pngicon_ironman.png - For some reason I've never been able to get rid of my original IM35, so I likely would keep him here
    star.pngstar.pngicon_moonstone.png - I like tile theft and have fond memories of stealing Lv395 Tommy Guns before her change
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.png - I'm a largely PVE player, so Cap is usually around a lot
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_devildino.png - Only championed 4* and...come on, it's a dinosaur
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_hulk.png - There's better 5*'s out there, but playing with Banner's transformation is just fun
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax wrote:
    Or 

Apparently my MPQ characters are A LOT more drunk on the party cruise ship than yours would be and thus rendered largely incapable of any of the feats you describe. In fact, the ship my characters were on likely went down through their antics...which may explain why my advancement in this game as been so slow, at times... icon_e_smile.gif

I am greatly amused at this conversation, as I actually thought about putting in a caveat for the party-poopers - the iceberg was filled with some strange element that muted the super powers of any mutant/inhuman/deity/etc within a mile radius or so - but they wouldn't *know* their abilities were affected until they actually tried to use them. Heck, there have been far worse plot lines in the comics! I do think the "too drunk to actually do anything useful" to be more appropriate to a party cruise, though. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Freemage
    Freemage Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    My last star.png is Iron Man, so he wins by default. Snarky Starky. icon_ironman.png

star.pngstar.png Three-way battle between Moonstone, Magneto and OBW. Moonstone gets eliminated for being too situational; Magneto edges out OBW for raw damage capability. icon_magneto.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png This is a tough one--so many decent choices. But I'm going with Deadpool. See, I got lots of Deadpool points, and we're in the ocean, so whales are all around us, just begging to be dropped on anyone that gives me trouble. icon_deadpool.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png I'm still building up my folks at this level. Eventually, it comes down to Elektra (she's my only Champion at 4 stars, currently) and Thor. If Susan Storm had finished her upgrade before I read this thread, it might be different, but right now, it's those two. And the Thunder-Goddess wins by virtue of not having to worry about protecting Trap tiles from being snuffed by enemy specials. icon_thor.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png I've only got a little bit of juice, here. Now, Old Man Logan is fun even with just one rank in Yellow, since he stands in front and heals damage almost as fast as it happens. But I'm gonna say that I need to think offensively, and right now, that's Green Goblin, with 2 blackflag.png and 1 purpleflag.png . icon_greengoblin.png
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    1 Star - None on my Roster

You're missing out on an easy 2.5K ISO a day in DDQ.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Puce Moose wrote:
    I am greatly amused at this conversation, as I actually thought about putting in a caveat for the party-poopers - the iceberg was filled with some strange element that muted the super powers of any mutant/inhuman/deity/etc within a mile radius or so - but they wouldn't *know* their abilities were affected until they actually tried to use them. Heck, there have been far worse plot lines in the comics! I do think the "too drunk to actually do anything useful" to be more appropriate to a party cruise, though. icon_e_smile.gif

That would only mean that Deadpool's healing would be turned off. The whales on the other hand follow him around like groupies and can swim everyone to safety. Except Deadpool, who would be dead of course.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Puce Moose wrote:
    ZootSax wrote:
    Or 

Ok, so the heroes are drunk (zootsax) and the iceberg is emitting some power dampening energy (Puce Moose).

Sorry guys but the ship still isn't going down and here's why.

1 star.png Iron Man (Respected by Odin)
    2 star.png Thor ( Son of Odin)
    3 star.png Loki ( Adopted son of Odin)
    4 star.png Lady Thor (Chosen by Mjolnir)
    5 star.png Hulk ( Respected by Odin)

Heimdall the all-seeing all-knowing Guardian of the rainbow bridge sees the ships path.
    He alerts Odin of the impending disaster.
    Odin Sees his family and their friends on board.
    He decides to Use a fraction of the Odinforce to transport the iceberg to muspelheim where is dissolves into nothingness.

Odin hid Heven a planet occupied by angels for centuries. So No mere 1 mile radius dampening field can stop his odinforce.

The heroes are saved by the most interfering but the best father in the marvel universe.

FOR ODIN and for ASGARD !!!
    icon_lol.gif
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Based solely upon my roster:

star.png Juggs
    star.pngstar.png Ares
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png Black Panther
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Cyclops
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Old Man Logan

1* nothing stops the Juggernaut! 2* Ares is a bad, bad man. 3* was hard for me to decide, but if I needed one to stand alone by themselves I would pick the leader of Wakanda. 4* Cyke is my favorite in his tier and OML...
    'nuff said bub.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puce Moose wrote:
    ZootSax wrote:
    Or 

Ok, so the heroes are drunk (zootsax) and the iceberg is emitting some power dampening energy (Puce Moose).

Sorry guys but the ship still isn't going down and here's why.

1 star.png Iron Man (Respected by Odin)
    2 star.png Thor ( Son of Odin)
    3 star.png Loki ( Adopted son of Odin)
    4 star.png Lady Thor (Chosen by Mjolnir)
    5 star.png Hulk ( Respected by Odin)

Heimdall the all-seeing all-knowing Guardian of the rainbow bridge sees the ships path.
    He alerts Odin of the impending disaster.
    Odin Sees his family and their friends on board.
    He decides to Use a fraction of the Odinforce to transport the iceberg to muspelheim where is dissolves into nothingness.

Odin hid Heven a planet occupied by angels for centuries. So No mere 1 mile radius dampening field can stop his odinforce.

The heroes are saved by the most interfering but the best father in the marvel universe.

FOR ODIN and for ASGARD !!!
    icon_lol.gif

I'll admit, that's a great theory.

....unfortunately, the end credit scene of Thor 2 implied that Loki somehow replaced Odin through methods unknown. Therefore, when Heimdall would go to alert Odin, he'd only find the half-baked illusion of a clearly-intoxicated Loki and...well...that ship's going down. If only Aquaman were a Marvel character... icon_lol.gif

On an unrelated note, I should probably change my star.pngstar.pngstar.png pick to icon_squirrelgirl.png. If my other four choices were a little silly, why not go for the full complement.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noooo.... I will go down with this ship, I won't put my hands up and surrender.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Hendross wrote:
    :star: Yelena, who can resist a girl with an accent.
    star.pngstar.png Moonstone, those legs go on forever.
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png Grey Suit Black Widow, fishnets, hello.
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (Barely Legal) Teen Jean
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Phoenix, coming back to life is a little creepy, but secretly very hot.
    Finally found someone else who would save Yelena!
    She is the prettiest in all the mpq covers. She's also rare, you can't get her in standard tokens anymore. Let the other 1* drown, you can get more from standards.
    5* Phoenix is second place.

Who cares about usefulness. We can always make more super kids!