Character Rankings Holiday 2016 Edition - Help Needed

Options
Ebolamonkey84
Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
edited December 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hey everyone,

I'd like to be able to do a new character ranking poll within the next month. With 115 characters now in the game, I'm hoping some of the community members would be willing to help out with write ups for all of the characters. If you would like to help, just pick a character and add your forum name to this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UVdHLtL4ytKRERQJX6QwSIDTF-PGmspf36n1m7ZHGk4/edit?usp=sharing

Please try to stick to characters that you have actual experience with, and try to pick ones that haven't already been taken. You can PM your write ups to me before the actual rankings are released.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What kind of information would you like in the write ups?
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Options
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    What kind of information would you like in the write ups?

A short blurb, followed discussion of powers, pros/cons, recommended build(s), and good partners. See the last ranking for examples, although I wasn't able to get through many of them.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Options
    Thank you for those that have volunteered so far. Still looking for more help. If you do help, please post here as well to keep this near the top.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll do a few of the lesser known 4*s - Carnage, Elektra and Winter Soldier.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sign me up for Quake, Howard (unless someone else really wants to which I suspect might be the case), Rulk, XFDP, and Strang3 please.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The spreadsheet requests comes up as something I have to request to edit; don't know about anybody else.

I can certainly provide descriptions for any 2/3* that nobody else takes; let me know.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ebolamonkey84, your OP says to add your forum name to the spreadsheet, but your Google sheet is set to View Only permissions...

You can mark me down for Ghost Rider, Nick Fury, Professor X, Sam Wilson, and 4* Thor.
  • kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    I'd be willing to do write ups for Spider-Man (Classic), Magneto (Classic), and Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men).
  • Saeva
    Saeva Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For a record here, since I messaged directly: I'm doing Star-Lord, Scarlet Witch, and Vision.

Can I suggest that, along with the info, everyone link directly to the Wikia page relative to the character? Here's the full character list. Each character page has a full description of abilities, most (if not all) of the AP damage per level, and sometimes, like this time, a poll on what's the most popular build.

E.g., Star-Lord

EDIT: And here's links to two previous write-ups, for people who want examples:

May 2015 Write-Up
    February 2016 Write-Up
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Options
    I've updated the spreadsheet so that anyone who clicks the link should be able to edit it directly. I've added everyone who has already posted. Thanks again!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got my 1/5/2 Black Bolt up to 300 and have been playing him extensively against seeds and weaker teams - I'm beginning to get a grasp on his strengths and weaknesses. If no one with a "real" BB wants him, I can definitely do a write up (my impression - a good general accelerator and constant damage dealer, but probably a bit weak on defense do the computer not prioritizing charge tiles.)

I can handle pretty much anyone on the 4* level or below that is older than War Machine. You want I should put myself down on a few?
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Added my name for Silver Surfer - I'll try to keep my bias out of the write up... icon_e_smile.gif
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am willing to work on Quicksilver, Chulk and Kingpin.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1e931n.jpg
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Saeva wrote:
    Can I suggest that, along with the info, everyone link directly to the Wikia page relative to the character? Here's the full character list. Each character page has a full description of abilities, most (if not all) of the AP damage per level, and sometimes, like this time, a poll on what's the most popular build.
    Wouldn't we want to link to the forum Character discussion thread instead? Personally, I avoid the Wikia pages because the ads slow my PC to a crawl. The forum character threads give you all the information you're referring to, aside from the AP damage at all levels.

If we want to link to the forum pages instead, the best resource is the Characters and Skills Compendium 2: Technopatic Boogaloo. It has links to every character discussion thread and displays their max tile damage values, the AP costs for each of their powers, and shows their ranking in the last forum poll (Feb. 2015).

Oh, and in the sign-ups for characters, I realized I should also really take on my in-game namesakes, so I put myself down on the spreadsheet for Blade (Daywalker) and Blade (Modern).
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I added my name to a few characters on the spreadsheet:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_cyclops.png
    icon_jeangrey.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_gamora.png
    icon_storm.png

star.pngstar.png
    icon_daken.png
    icon_wolverine.png

When do you need this by? When will the actual rankings be released?
  • Saeva
    Options
    Saeva wrote:
    Wouldn't we want to link to the forum Character discussion thread instead? Personally, I avoid the Wikia pages because the ads slow my PC to a crawl. The forum character threads give you all the information you're referring to, aside from the AP damage at all levels.
    I was basically suggesting it as an additional resource to ebolamonkey's forum thread links (which s/he did in the last two rankings for most of the characters) because it shows AP damage per level, which is useful for people who want to level the characters as teams (rather than Champing them one-by-one). That's not clear in my post, but, yeah, it'd be an addition instead of an alternative.

... Though maybe with the warning the wikia pages are slow thanks to ads. Useful pages, yes. Slow af, that too.
  • Mortalo
    Mortalo Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd love to help.
    2* and 3* Bullseye icon_bullseye.png ,
    2* and 3* Cappy Marvel icon_caroldanvers.png
    2* Storm icon_storm.png
    (more if needed)
  • Saeva
    Options
    Done with SL, SW, and Vision so I'm claiming Ant-Man and 3★ Luke Cage (Hero For Hire), as well as Invisible Woman (once her buff comes out in a few days).
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll throw my hat in the ring for a couple toons. I mean, SOMEBODY has to class things up after THIS guy volunteered.
    Taking Juggy, star.png Widow, and Hood.
    El Satanno wrote:
    1e931n.jpg