I say this every stinkin' time, I know

2»

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 wrote:
    OP, have you tried Starlord, 3* IM and 4Thor or Iceman? Cheaper blue stuns, even though both of yours are under covered, the stun should give you breathing space, red to punch for victory with another Recharge on the board.

Star-Lord/IM40 have become a staple for me since the Star-Lord rework. I haven't tried pairing them with 4Thor or Iceman yet, though I like the idea of pairing them with Iceman. I hadn't considered that.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:
    Starlord and IM40 together proved too hard for me with Goon nodes... goon sets off a power if it isn't yellow, starlord is dropping a cd on a yellow, I then have to match 6 yellows, then hope for 3 unused yellows to drop IM40's recharge onto... seldom was I able to use it.

I instead used Blade, 4Cyclops, SL. SL made it so 1 yellow match let me drop 4Clops yellow and generate red with TU's leaving the red on the board for Blade to make into Strike tiles.

This is who I used, and it went pretty well. Filling up all those yellow tiles with Star Lord countdowns helps prevent the Muscle goons from spamming strikes.

If you don't have a high level cyclops, I'd suggest a few different teams. Hulk/KK/Magneto is a good standard to take on tough teams, or try a team with Loki to transform the tiles to protect tiles. Or Falcon to remove them. Or She Hulk to steal them. Or Invisible Woman to freeze the countdown tiles. Or someone else that is good dealing with enemy strike tiles.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know how helpful it is, but I got through all nodes with goons with OML/Gwen/3Strange. Gwen's pink and yellow stall and add OML strikes to make Strange's passive hurt more, and then if I get OML black off, Strange's passive hits super hard. Juggernaut was actually a nonfactor if I let OML eat his headbutts, plus Strange returns it back for double the self damage.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I just got them all cleared except the last one "A Rocket and a Hard Place" - 3 clears and zero health packs left. Have to try it before the sub flips.

Might just be my imagination but this run seems much tougher than the last time and I had much less to work with then.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    1 hp used for me. anything with goons got cyke/sl/witch. anything without goons will get some experimentation - hood, im40, if its low enough, strang3, if its higher level, oml. nothing without goons yet tho.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 wrote:
    OP, have you tried Starlord, 3* IM and 4Thor or Iceman? Cheaper blue stuns, even though both of yours are under covered, the stun should give you breathing space, red to punch for victory with another Recharge on the board.

Holy poo.

Holy poo.

This team.

Holy poo.
  • Shmoe50
    Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Dr Strange with Blade is a great combination. I used Beast with them. The extra stride
    or attack tiles from his cheap blue power, along with Blade's, made Strange go OFF whenever the goons did anything.
  • msp2211
    msp2211 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    As we have another double muscle with a mover node in Prodigal Sun, I thought I'd revive this topic. Starlord, Switch and Antman did the job. Muscle still needs to be massively nerfed.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Right now every node with 2 goons in it is getting Nova, Starlord, Dr Strange. Two 4* characters there so not an option for everyone but it's making my life easier.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    Right now every node with 2 goons in it is getting Nova, Starlord, Dr Strange. Two 4* characters there so not an option for everyone but it's making my life easier.
    this is how i've been doing a lot of those, the iso mutants don't spam powers as much as maggia goons though
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I've stormed through the nodes over the past few days, Switch, Strange and Cyclops havent even seen a strike tile and it feels good, Strange with his yellow for dmg and the blue for stun if things get close, switch with a nice aoe as she is boosted and a 5 stun and cyclops to just lay the smack down...
    I could swap cyc for im if i want recharge for more blues and more stuns but generally havent needed him at all, only nodes i take damage on were the named cover nodes and usually it's mostly Storm countering strange with a hurricane or whatever it is...

and i am definitely glad i only have a couple of green covers on carnage think that made that essential node a lot easier for me over the last few days, good to come out of the event with health packs to spare for once

Obviously tho my scaling aint quite 4* so i can only imagine that pain up there lol