Should 4* ddq be like this every 5 days?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
2 crash nodes in every 5 day cycle?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd rather multiple crashes per cycle be on different days, because I am THIRSTY during the rest of the cycle.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    2x/week would be fine, 2x on the same day can be tough. especially if both are under covered and leveled.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I voted other because I'd like to see the crash become daily. There are plenty of characters for it to be daily and they could add a second progression in for 10k iso for completing the crash and all nodes.

Many aren't covered starved and iso is a huge issue but being able to win the crash has been my main snowballing area into the four star transition.

Maybe it's greedy of me but there is also the fun factor. Crash is a really fun challenge especially if you've only got half a characters covers. Beating black panther with my 106 bucky was the greatest moment in the last couple of months. I don't get that feeling anywhere else in the game at the moment. Maybe taking down advanced waves in boss battles with my alliance would be the only other time.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd strongly prefer 5 days of a 4 star node nearly identical to the big enchilada, but with a required 4.

That way, there'd at least be a more definitive path for 4 stars, slow or not and not entirely reliant on me having a 4 star half or better covered and leveled just for a LT, which has a 4/117 + 5 stars chance of being a cover I don't have 5 of, but seems to consistently be of of those 5 covers.
  • I have a feeling this may actually be in the works (2 per cycle)

Thinking from a dev point of view, they'd have to consider placement of the tile, code to handle another battle, rewards, etc. I don't imagine they'd have done this for a one off "oopsy" moment. It feels like something they've been working on and this is a good way to silent test it.

Either way, the more the merrier
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    given how many 4 stars are added would be cool

this from someone who still can only complete Crash on rare occasions (4 of them so far)
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're all dreaming
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    They should tie 4* daily crash to SCL 9+ and replace the weekly crash with a 5*.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to see variations, rather than just throwing on another 4* Crash.

A 3* Crash, maybe a Join Forces event where you send in two of your own characters to help a champed 5* win a fight, maybe some 2v2 fights themed for different characters (like Cage/Fist, IM/WM, Cap/Bucky, etc). Maybe a fight that's F4 only vs a super Doom? Maybe Civil-War themed fights where you're restricted to Team Iron Man and fight a wave against Team Cap? Or X-Men vs Avengers?

More unique fights that require you to work with limited resources, whether it's a single/pair required, or a limited group to pick from (like a Heroic, but not stretched out annoyingly over an entire event).
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    madsalad wrote:
    They should tie 4* daily crash to SCL 9+ and replace the weekly crash with a 5*.

Except there aren't any Clearance Levels for DDQ.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't (currently) have a strong preference between 2x Crash on Day 5, or two Crashes spread out through a given cycle. I don't have enough 4* who are viable to win a Crash for proximity to be a concern. But it would get through the cycles faster and enable me to win the Crashes I can more often.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    I voted other - multiple per 5 days, not 2 in the same day.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I said this in another thread, but what they should do is add another 3* and bring the total up to 42, then adjust the DDQ cycle for 3 days. Every 3 days a new Crash.

Of course if they want to give us a Crash node everyday, I'm not going to complain.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    I'm fine with Crash the way it is. But they would get me to play every day if there was a 4-star version of Dat Required Character, that had you use a single specific 4-star and two 3 or less -star against a 4-star team for the chance to win a cover of the character that will be required the next day.
  • Other - 2 per cycle is ok (3 will be asking too much), but on different days: if there are two long battles (IW, Px, ...) the time won't be too much, while if there are two difficult ones the health packs will be gone in a second.
  • zeddicus
    zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Every other week or once a month would be good
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    DuckyV wrote:
    madsalad wrote:

Except there aren't any Clearance Levels for DDQ.

Yes, I understand that. But it can be added to DDP as a gate at higher levels. Right now the difficulty of the 5 main nodes allows people to progress as their roster can handle it.

O CE we take CotT into consideration, things get different. Not only can people with lesser rosters not beat them, they come up so infrequently that unless you have the particular 4* covered well enough you're SOL.

Those who can handily beat CotT every 5 days are clearly ready for a next step in progression, which would be a new way to obtain 5*. Those people are also likely to have higher SHIELD levels so, use SCL as a gate to keep lower rosters from trying and possibly obtaining 5*s too early.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally I'd much rather either keep the once every 5 day Titans and add some TBE-like node (or series of nodes) that lead to a 4* daily
    or
    Replace the titans with a TBE-like node (or series of nodes) that lead to a 4* daily.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    It would be really nice if it were possible to earn enough LTs through play to get a Latest Legendary to a somewhat usable level (8+ covers?) over the time that they are in there so that all CP could be spent on the slow process of finishing off the newer 5*s and adding champ levels to the older ones through Classic tokens. A daily Crash would really help with this. Even better would be any type of repeatable content that rewarded LTs/CP.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    2 but have one for Token and one for a cover... maybe add another progression award for that day...