2 Million Downloads! And A Sale! Also, New Characters

Options

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why a *** Daken when you can have the same two abilities, add a third, and put it on *** X23?
  • Human torch sounds amazing... I hope it's easy to acquire all three different covers because I absolutely love him
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    Why a *** Daken when you can have the same two abilities, add a third, and put it on *** X23?
    Because that would require a new pose (compare rag and lazythor's poses)
  • Gold star Daken is going to be deadly annoying, and annoyingly deadly. I should get him.
  • Excited about Human Torch (hopefully a 3*), but I hate the idea of a Gold Daken. I don't even know what to expect when I hear increased healing. And if the gold gets a new skill, I'd like to see it in 2* as well. What is this new focus of the game anyway? We release fixed gold characters, but we don't fix what is already out. I would be perfectly fine with 1* and 2* characters having only 2 skills if they could at least reach max level.

Edit: I agree about less animations. I hope we see more like AWolverine's Feral Claws. Better show a quick effect instead of the character occupying my screen for 2-5 seconds.
  • Three of those downloads were to my devices. I play both on Steam and on iOS. I hope in the future we can have some way to merge saves across the systems rather than just a blanket 'there can be only one!' if and/or when the same account is used across both.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While I like the idea of newbie characters, I'd be happy if the developers just slowed down and released maybe 1 character a month. There's enough strategy from making teams from existing characters.

I've just cleared enough HP for the new Captain America (and that is credit to the work of everyone in my alliance). Just treading water and trying to get one more 3* cover a week is work enough.

If D3 pushes out practically one new 3-star every other week and then makes that character required in the next week's tournament, ties every competitive event to alliances, and sticks me against 3 lvl 100+ teams while I'm still running maxed 2* teams, I'm not going to be able to keep up with its demands.
  • 2* Daken is annoying enough, now a 3* version with more health and stronger strike tiles? Gahhh!
    I like human torch though, but he must be a 4*, for Fantastic 4*s !
  • IceIX wrote:
    Currency Sale:
    Hero Points
      1.99 pack – no increase 4.99 pack – 10% increase 19.99 packs – 15% increase 49.99 and 99.99 – 20% increase

What's the idea with 5 and 20 dollar pack increases? Now they provide 660 and 3335 points. So far lowest HP cost is 50/75, so these packs actually leave you some left-over HP points you can probably never cash out. It's mainly just a cosmetic complaint, but still. Why couldn't you just round it up or down to the nearest 25 points?
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Ariakos wrote:

What's the idea with 5 and 20 dollar pack increases? Now they provide 660 and 3335 points. So far lowest HP cost is 50/75, so these packs actually leave you some left-over HP points you can probably never cash out. It's mainly just a cosmetic complaint, but still. Why couldn't you just round it up or down to the nearest 25 points?

Just buy 5 of them! Problem solved.
  • BearVenger wrote:
    While I like the idea of newbie characters, I'd be happy if the developers just slowed down and released maybe 1 character a month. There's enough strategy from making teams from existing characters.

I've just cleared enough HP for the new Captain America (and that is credit to the work of everyone in my alliance). Just treading water and trying to get one more 3* cover a week is work enough.

If D3 pushes out practically one new 3-star every other week and then makes that character required in the next week's tournament, ties every competitive event to alliances, and sticks me against 3 lvl 100+ teams while I'm still running maxed 2* teams, I'm not going to be able to keep up with its demands.

That's kind of the point....

If a F2P player was able to sufficiently keep up with the P2W players through effort alone, then why would the F2P players ever be motivated to spend money in the cash shop?

So, yes... F2P players will inevitably be forced with decisions on what they will have to sacrifice or intentionally disadvantage themselves to remain F2P. This is all done with the intention of converting F2P players into paying customers to keep up with the ever-increasing pace of the game.
  • I said it in a different thread but as this is the 'official' feedback thread I wanted to add my voice of dissent about the Gold characters.

I've gone from not being able to put the game down to playing Marvel Heroes instead because it's a such a cynical, lazy move.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    I'm finding it harder and harder to be nearly as interested in this game as I used to be. The fact that you just keep rehashing characters for the past 3 outputs is really wearing me out, and I just.. I think I'm done. Not even sure I wanna finish up this PvE, just so much grinding to go through. Human Torch sounds neat, but I'm willing to bet he'll be a 4* character to go with IW.

Yeah, I'm pretty much done, too, I have to say. Started having a bit of fun with The Hood in this Simulator but the entire experience has lost its shine.

And now we have "gold" Daken. He's not classic, he's not memorable, he doesn't deserve to be next after Thor and Cap. He is, quite frankly, the most irritating character in the game. Poor show, devs.
  • Anyone else think that they said they were working on several things for a long while now, but there have been rather few playerfacing changes recently.

Feels to me like there might be a flood of changes coming with the release of a new episode, all at once.
  • Ariakos wrote:

Nah, I already bought Stark's Salary. icon_cool.gif

Although that's the first and last time I do that. Now I finally feel I've given enough money for devs for the rest of the year. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Ariakos wrote:

*Wants to know if iceIX thumbed your post* lol.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am guessing but I think Human Torch is going to be 4* and they both are going to be awarded in this new event.

We need a good 4*, someone who everybody wants to win when there is a new PvE or PvP, so I think he is going 4* and he is going to be a beast, a really powerfull character.

PD: And I am guessing again, but I think all FF are going to be 4*
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Thing better than Hulk (**** vs ***)? Hmmm
  • kensterr wrote:
    The Thing better than Hulk (**** vs ***)? Hmmm
    Nah. The Thing will be a 4*, so Hulk should be 2 or 3 times better. (Think Patch versus X-Force Wolvie).
  • While I totally agree, I also want to bring up something more, since I was reminded by Kamahl's username (a character from Magic: the Gathering).

Why not make any kind of trading option? You could price it at a level that would be profitable for the team (for example 200 HP to swap a 2 star character with somebody, even if only in your alliance) and it would most probably become a guaranteed money maker.

As it stands, I'd rather play Hearthstone, in which at least my money will not be wasted on digital product that leads me nowhere, Even though they don't have a trading option as well, there is at least a chance to win some actual tournaments, decided by more than just who was able to grind for hours to get all the rare stuff.
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    I'm finding it harder and harder to be nearly as interested in this game as I used to be. The fact that you just keep rehashing characters for the past 3 outputs is really wearing me out, and I just.. I think I'm done. Not even sure I wanna finish up this PvE, just so much grinding to go through. Human Torch sounds neat, but I'm willing to bet he'll be a 4* character to go with IW.

Yeah, I'm pretty much done, too, I have to say. Started having a bit of fun with The Hood in this Simulator but the entire experience has lost its shine.

And now we have "gold" Daken. He's not classic, he's not memorable, he doesn't deserve to be next after Thor and Cap. He is, quite frankly, the most irritating character in the game. Poor show, devs.