2 Million Downloads! And A Sale! Also, New Characters

Options

Comments

• Lol, CMIIW but didn't IceIX said once that they want to focus on new characters instead of new versions of existing ones?
    And right now we don't even get new versions of existing ones, we get the same heroes but with a possibility to level them higher... icon_lol.gif

Lazy. Dull.
  • Please, PLEASE give Daken a 3rd active ability.

I don't want a lv115 Daken with all passives.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If the new Daken 3* has 3 covers, then I'll be running a Daken, Patch, Spidey/OBW team, with Patch and Daken taking all the hits.

If Daken caps out at level 115, I might not strive too hard to get him.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So I've brought this up before
    But when I suggested that (especially 2**) characters have existing powers recombined to make new characters, the response was that they wanted keep releases original
    And here they are re-releasing nearly identical characters

Big angry frowny face

I know I for one would much rather have new powers spread out in character packs of 4-5, some of which share powers with existing characters, rather than have this extended delay between re-releases flooded with gold characters

Anyone still disagree? icon_e_sad.gif
  • Typical that a sale comes on a week or so after I buy a Stark Salary. That's 4000 HP I've missed out on icon_e_sad.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I presume and even kind of hope Human Torch will be the new 4-star, and we'll be seeing a 4-star Mr. Fantastic and Thing in the future as well, because I'm a sucker for a good theme.

Considering how often I've used Daken in the past, I really like the idea of a gold version of him, although I'm also firmly in the 'please give him a third, active ability' camp.

And congrats on the 2 million, of course. 2 million lives and daily schedules ruined with comic book characters and crashing gems, quite a performance. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Not happy about the idea of facing pve quality lvled dakans with 5k hp and a better heal. I guess it makes sense. They knew we hated playing him, as he basically guarantees you taking damage...so of course that is the next logical character to gold lol.

As for johnny, I hope his jets are something like a reverse hood move where it takes 1 ap away from you every turn and does something like 200 damage to each of the opponent characters each turn (all the real damage would be coming from strike tiles...so...unless they fix the strike tile problem this is likely not it). Probably mote likely to be a countdown tile/attack tile combo or something. 99% Chan e he is a 4**** so nobody but cheaters will likely be seeing him maxed anytime soon....so it would be nice if ice or one of our sandboxed friends could give us that info in a few days after he drops.

Still waiting on the xforce buff. We are going to see a viable team of "lazy" characters before we see a viable team of 4****. Would be nice if johnny was good from the start. Maybe he drops really important/powerful tiles that make comboing him with his sis a good choice.
  • Daken is already the most annoying AI character to face. Looks like we'll get to face him much more often in the future, best news ever.

There's still time, Devs. Scrap the old abilities, give him new ones, and all will be forgiven.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Lol, CMIIW but didn't IceIX said once that they want to focus on new characters instead of new versions of existing ones?
    And we have. We did this batch of Gold characters at the same time while we've been working on others such as Human Torch. As stated before, the Gold characters are designed to be tweaked 2*s that allow us to keep up with character releases while giving the associated designers and engineers the time to work on other things.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Lol, CMIIW but didn't IceIX said once that they want to focus on new characters instead of new versions of existing ones?
    And we have. We did this batch of Gold characters at the same time while we've been working on others such as Human Torch. As stated before, the Gold characters are designed to be tweaked 2*s that allow us to keep up with character releases while giving the associated designers and engineers the time to work on other things.
    Ok, this answer I can understand. Thanks! icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

In my eyes new, actual new, even if it has to be a 1/2/3 star version of each cover with different moves, but preferably new new as much as possible, will always be priority #1 in my eyes.
  • I fall into the camp of both believing and fervently hoping that Daken will not receive a third power and will be capped at 115. I hate seeing him as a 2*.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    I fall into the camp of both believing and fervently hoping that Daken will not receive a third power and will be capped at 115. I hate seeing him as a 2*.

Personally, I would like to see him with a new 3rd power. As daken stands now, he is giggle worthy to go against.

Step 1: See Daken on enemy team.
    Step 2: Bring Loki.
    Step 3: ?????
    Step 4: Profit!!!

As it stands, everyone relies on a 2 man combo to get through matches, so adding Loki as third really affects nothing. Even better if it's a Patch/ Loki team!

From a player standpoint, having a third ability would add more to him as a team mate, aside from just being a passive, hard to kill "support", one trick pony character.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I fall into the camp of both believing and fervently hoping that Daken will not receive a third power and will be capped at 115. I hate seeing him as a 2*.

I would prefer to see him with a 3rd power. Reason being that 115s scale better that 141s. See Doom or Ragnarok as examples.

Just makes his third power stuns are reduced by X turns on Daken, with 5 covers making him immune. That should redefine fun.
  • Aww no fair, there were two threads on this topic and Ice kept his open and locked the one that was initially posted about 5 hours before this one. He doesn't like getting scooped I guess icon_lol.gif
  • Eww, You guys are serious about this gold star ****?
  • IceIX wrote:
    Reposted from News for discussion.

New Events:
      - The next Episode is coming soon! New storylines and characters are coming to the Marvel Puzzle Quest Universe.
    [/list]

Does this mean new prologue events?
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Really hope Daken has a third ability and it's not passive. Its easy to leave Daken for last since no matter how much AP he has he can't really do anything about it. Also I hope when they say classic, this is the outfit they have in mind.

Daken.jpg
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds like Human Torch's abilities will be something like:
    - Fireball: fixed direct damage + either Juggernaut-like random tile smashing or Punisher-like block smashing (either random or chosen)
    - Inferno: strike tiles
    - Flame Jet: attack tile with a drawback? New mechanic? Ooooh...

Also sounds like 3* Daken is going to be really good. His healing is already really good (if you scale his health to the 3* standard 5800, that's 290 per turn, not as good as Patch but good enough to erase all match damage), and if you just scale his strike tiles as they are you're looking at 63 damage at max, which doesn't sound like a lot, but you can get 4 on the board pretty early, which is 240 and compares very well with Punisher/Psylocke.

Speculation, whee!
    Are those calculated at 141 or 115?
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Are those calculated at 141 or 115?
    Ah...sort of a mix, actually, my mistake.

The strike tiles are just current max damage / 69 * 115, so are based in the assumption he'll only have two powers.

The healing assumes he has 5800 health, same as Patch, but that would be level 141, which is inconsistent. At level 115, if he has the same health scaling as Patch, he'd have 4741 health, healing 237 per turn. Still not too shabby.