Alliance rewards

Options
I have seen a large amount of discussion about this topic. What do you all think?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• I'd say iso, HP (no more than 100), and tokens.
  • ISO and HP. I think covers really overstresses alliances, although I suppose the current system encourages more spending and more active involvement in tournaments.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Based on what you contributed to the alliance
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like the idea of tokens and moving covers back as solo awards.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Covers move Alliances from a 'nice to have' bonus to a 'need to have' and 'must participate or let down your team every time'. Which isn't pressure I need or desire.

It would be fine if it were one tournament in 5 or whatever, but constantly in back to back events. Forget it.
  • KidInsomnia
    Options
    The way it is now is perfect. Thanks to being in a world class alliance I get my own rewards for being awesome and then even more for my alliance being awesome.

icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • Wonko33 wrote:
    Based on what you contributed to the alliance

Interesting not sure how it would work logistically. Would the leader of every alliance get rewards, would an alliance have to perform well enough to be eligible, would those in alliances who outperformed almost everyone overall but came in second in their alliance not get rewards?

I didn't even think to include an option that was for alliance rewards to be progression based instead of rank based
  • Problem with ISO + Event Tokens is that PvP wouldn't reward until after the event so the they would just be heroic tokens. For PvE with subs it works until the last sub.

The way it is now works. They rotate the cover rewards so as a solo player you still have a chance to get all the colors. It just takes a minimum of two events.

However, they're going to need to bracket alliances at some point so it's not always the same alliance winning the top award *cough* S.H.I.E.L.D
  • I'm fine with awards as they are. Most people gravitate towards an alliance that shares your same style of play (a bit slower / more difficult right now given that they are in their infancy). As such, things like pressure to perform and not let your alliancemates down shouldn't be a factor if you're in the right alliance.

This is another one of those issues where I wish Ice would give us the stats on who is placing within the top 10 but isn't getting the third cover from the alliance rewards (e.g. who is actually missing out on a reward that they would have gotten pre-alliances). It seems like it would be a significant minority of players who are affected by having the third cover moved to alliance rewards.
  • Riggy wrote:
    This is another one of those issues where I wish Ice would give us the stats on who is placing within the top 10 but isn't getting the third cover from the alliance rewards (e.g. who is actually missing out on a reward that they would have gotten pre-alliances). It seems like it would be a significant minority of players who are affected by having the third cover moved to alliance rewards.

I would love to see that statistic also, but I won't deny there is a certain psychological component to it. Does the solo player who has in the past been able to earn all three covers still try as hard knowing that it is impossible without joining an alliance now? I would find that situation demoralizing at best.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think tokens would work nicely.
    I remember they stated that they didn't want to take away from the solo aspect of the game and moving rewards from single player progression to alliance rewards contradicts that statement somewhat.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    I was a solo player that didnt try as hard once alliances started taking rewards from individuals. I was quite opposed, but ultimately broke down and joined one as I knew it was either join or quit MPQ entirely. I feel dirty for having corrupted my opposition.
  • For the event token issue they can simply have event tokens last one more day than they currently do so that there should be enough time for the winners to claim it, and if not you get the heroic tokens instead. Some people might even prefer to have the heroic tokens anyway.

I rather they hand out a large amount of tokens than any cover. If you get 6 Complete Corrupt tokens, that's pretty close to getting a Hood cover from a statistic point of view, and certainly in a 20 man alliance that's functionally the same as getting 20 The Hood covers, but I think people won't have too much problem with that since you obviously have no control over the color or even who gets them (could be the guy with maxed Hood that pulls 3 Hood in 6 tokens, or someone without The Hood). It's still an advantage, and over the long run it really adds up, but it doesn't feel like you must be in an alliance since there's still the RNG. An alliance that constantly wins many tokens will no doubt be stronger, but any particular individual in that alliance may not necessarily get much out of it.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    I was a solo player that didnt try as hard once alliances started taking rewards from individuals. I was quite opposed, but ultimately broke down and joined one as I knew it was either join or quit MPQ entirely. I feel dirty for having corrupted my opposition.

I sold myself out for a blue Black Panther cover. Join the club!
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I rather they hand out a large amount of tokens than any cover. If you get 6 Complete Corrupt tokens, that's pretty close to getting a Hood cover from a statistic point of view, and certainly in a 20 man alliance that's functionally the same as getting 20 The Hood covers, but I think people won't have too much problem with that since you obviously have no control over the color or even who gets them (could be the guy with maxed Hood that pulls 3 Hood in 6 tokens, or someone without The Hood). It's still an advantage, and over the long run it really adds up, but it doesn't feel like you must be in an alliance since there's still the RNG. An alliance that constantly wins many tokens will no doubt be stronger, but any particular individual in that alliance may not necessarily get much out of it.

This can scale better to lower ranked alliances also. Did your alliance only rank 251 well have 6 recruit tokens for your time.
  • Phantron wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:

I sold myself out for a blue Black Panther cover. Join the club!

scAvengers: the "resistance to Alliances is futile" alliance! icon_razz.gif
  • Maybe they could put the 3* covers back in solo rewards and have the "missing" 2* covers as Alliance rewards?
  • Twysta wrote:
    I remember they stated that they didn't want to take away from the solo aspect of the game and moving rewards from single player progression to alliance rewards contradicts that statement somewhat.
    Didn't people object heavily to the random event tokens as rewards in the Heroic LRs? I would assume a similar distaste here.
    I would love to see that statistic also, but I won't deny there is a certain psychological component to it. Does the solo player who has in the past been able to earn all three covers still try as hard knowing that it is impossible without joining an alliance now? I would find that situation demoralizing at best.
    I didn't join my alliance to be social (though I do exchange email greetings and PMs with many of them now). I joined it specifically b/c I wanted rewards. Whether those rewards are covers, ISO, HP, or whatever, they are still rewards that will let me play the game more (or more efficiently). As such, my playstyle demands I find an alliance that accommodates my needs. A symbiotic or business relationship if you will. They need someone who performs well, so they can all get rewards.

My alliance is at rank 56 in the main bracket with 15 peeps. I check the alliances around me and they're all roughly the same size. Which means the overall quantity of cover #3 being handed out is much higher than when it was just a pure solo reward. A worst case scenario that people can say is that it's diluting the prize pool (in that more people get fewer rewards).
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    Didn't people object heavily to the random event tokens as rewards in the Heroic LRs? I would assume a similar distaste here.

I think it's slightly different in that regard as people were well accustomed to the Villian LR reward system.
    I would hold alliance rewards in a different category especially since the cover would still be available (albeit through solo rewards as opposed to alliance). So people that don't wish to be part of an alliance don't feel like they're missing out on rewards for wanting to play solo.

I'm not heavily opposed to the current structure. I would personally just prefer the other way round.
    Too much change in a game too quickly is always going to upset someone. Actually even a little change will always upset someone in a game, there's always going to be someone who doesn't like a change for some reason or other. It's just finding the point where there's the least ammount of resistance and what proves beneficial in keeping your playerbase happy and keeping the game balanced.
  • Riggy wrote:
    I didn't join my alliance to be social (though I do exchange email greetings and PMs with many of them now). I joined it specifically b/c I wanted rewards. Whether those rewards are covers, ISO, HP, or whatever, they are still rewards that will let me play the game more (or more efficiently). As such, my playstyle demands I find an alliance that accommodates my needs. A symbiotic or business relationship if you will. They need someone who performs well, so they can all get rewards.

If alliances were free to join I would agree wholeheartedly with you. Lots of people perform well. Not all of those have the hero points to buy a slot in a large alliance. Even worse if you and 3 friends started an alliance. You can all be top performers but unless you all assimilate into a larger alliance or attract others who want to buy in, covers that may have been available pre-alliances are no longer.

In my own poll I myself like the token plan. I even like alliances getting bonus covers. It rubs me the wrong way to see alliances get exclusive covers. I fully believe people should be able to play how and when they want. The exclusive alliance covers seems like people are not being encouraged to join alliances but actually bullied into thinking it is their only choice.