DPD lifestyle change

Tony_Foot
Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
Once you have finished the 3 star transition DP daily is a chore. It's not fun, you don't bother experimenting, you just want it over with for that 3* cover and iso. It's a 20 minute or so waste of time that I usually have my son do if he's about. Wouldn't it be better to open up the Big E from the start and if you complete it you get the rewards from lower down automatically. If you can get through the Big E the rest is auto pilot anyway. I really don't see the point in lower ones for 3* and above rosters.

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Lower ones require you keep roster slots for multiple 2 stars as well as at least one 1 star. So that fills up roster slots and costs money. Additionally, spending more time in the game apparently increases player engagement. Think sunk cost fallacy (people less likely to quit a game they put so much time into even if they could find cheaper and more entertaining games elsewhere).
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    It does get pretty rote but it's more like 5 minutes with a good champed 2* team and Juggernaut for the 1*.

Still, I would like to see a bit more variety and have to put in a little more thought. Maybe an alternate option that lets you do a Combined Arms node of 1*, 2*, 3* in place of the first three levels, giving all the ISO, points, and the token.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been in that rut of just finish it as fast as possible, but I also go stretches where I do try new things. lately I've used the following combos in BE:
    charlies angels
    oml/fist/cmags
    4cyke/kk/3storm
    GR/px/falcap
    fist/cmags/3cage
    ice/SL/nova
    oml/nova/4pun

also, cycling the 2* farm means I try different teams as some are planted but not sprouted yet. I usually go back and forth between magstorm with either thor, hawk, or ares and if they aren't available, axw/obw/daken. I've used torch before too but really not much desire to try moonstone, marvel, bullseye or cap.

its as fun as you make it. when you're not having fun in the game, yes, its a chore. that will pass. if it doesn't you need to find a new game.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 2* farm has made it more interesting for me as well. Instead of blast through with the same team everyone I find myself varying things and having a bit of fun. And I've used Moonstone for about the first time ever.
  • BassMuffinFIve
    BassMuffinFIve Posts: 231
    edited November 2016
    I'll mix it up depending on where I'm at with my 2* farm. Sometimes it's fun to try jank like Captain Marvel + Hawkeye, although my go-to seems to always be Storm/Ares/Magneto for the 2* nodes and Luke Cage/Magneto/Bullseye for the final one.

Finally accomplished this just 2 days ago...

http://imgur.com/a/b7Kt8
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I propose the craziest wave node in the world to reduce time:

A wave that starts you off with
    Juggs vs whatever for 500 ISO. The next node goes straight to
    Magneto, Ares, Captain Marvel vs whatever for 1000 ISO. The next node goes straight to
    OBW, Ares, Captain Marvel vs whatever for a Taco Token. The next node goes straight to
    Required 3*, Deadpool, Beast vs whatever for a Taco Token. The next node goes straight to
    Cap, IM40, KK vs whatever for the 3* cover. And then the rewards will POUR IN on one screen.

And you're done with DDQ! Hooray!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use different teams each time for variety. I like getting the covers, tokens and iso.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    TBE is great for team experimentation. I use it to test-run 5* teams after I pull a new purple cover (and to fool around with all-5* teams), to build a strategy around the 3* of the day, etc. Cover farming makes the 2* fights more interesting than when I only had 5 characters to choose from if nothing else.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    its as fun as you make it. when you're not having fun in the game, yes, its a chore. that will pass. if it doesn't you need to find a new game.

Can't disagree with point of view!

The 2*/1* nodes are pretty tedious because without new chars to play with, everyone pretty much knows what to do.

But the 3* and wave node is actually pretty fun because you can experiment with your new 3*/4*/5* to see how they actually work in a match.

plus the daily quest is one a few places that you can amass DP whale points without risking a retaliation from bigger rosters, or slowing down a pve match.

One thing they should consider adding is a random 4* node, so that we can test out teams against a more realistic pvp match.

Plus, I still don't understand why they make the nodes 1x only. even if replays gave no rewards, it would be incredibly useful to replay a node to test out a different combination.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    I Sold my Two Star Champs recently and ended up Championing Different 2's
    so I'm still having fun with them
    I breeze through the Big Enchilada with Cyclops,KK and X-23 (although Iron Fist is likely more practical, X-23 is my favorite and the main reason I started playing)
    i don't even have a 1 star on my roster so i only get the 2000 iso on the still rare occasions i can do crash of the titans
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I actually lost yesterday with my go to team of patch, daken and loki. Wasn't paying attention and allowed a trap countdown to finish. It killed my patch instantly therefore ending the match.

Yeah with my 2 champ farm, i have to switch up the 2stars all the time. Always short on iso and selling any max champs I get. I should stop champing 2* character if I am in need of iso.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Some days it’s a chore, some days it’s not. It’s a perfect place to play with your non-boosted characters that week, and the required character node is a good spot to play around with 5* characters that you’re a year away from covering.

But even ignoring the charm of team experimentation, it’s still a reliable iso boost and an easy 50 xp (at least) each day. Always appreciated when trying to keep a cover from dying in the queue.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    It's my favorite thing about MPQ!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyone should have a 1* IM so that you can get the full 2000 bonus every day! It's worth the 1000 HP for the roster slot.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    DDQ became my bathroom break nodes
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    As someone who wakes up at 5:00 in the morning DPDQ is perfect for me in the bathroom. I don't have to worry about scaling in PVE or making PVP shield hop. It lets me play get some ISO watch an add while my cofffee is brewing. Is it stale sure, but just remember when the devs try new things like pesonal scaling on bosses in boss rush, new goons with way to much health, sentries ding massive match damage. I get concerned every time they adjust something saying it will be more "fun"
    Beware what you wish for.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Everyone should have a 1* IM so that you can get the full 2000 bonus every day! It's worth the 1000 HP for the roster slot.

Juggernaut is much faster for the 1 star node.

I've use the same team of cyclops, obw, and 2 wolverine for TBE since I started beating it.

I always pick Switch and Deadpool for the required node.

The 2 star waves vary now that I'm farming 2s, but my preferred team is Thor/magneto/storm/hawkeye
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    smkspy wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

Juggernaut is much faster for the 1 star node.

I've use the same team of cyclops, obw, and 2 wolverine for TBE since I started beating it.

I always pick Switch and Deadpool for the required node.

The 2 star waves vary now that I'm farming 2s, but my preferred team is Thor/magneto/storm/hawkeye
    I prefer daken, wolverine and thor. This is because I am normally pretty mindless when i play so don't have even worry about damage. Just have daken or wolverine take the hits.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Walking the dog and DPD take the same amount of time, how fortuitous!
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    TBE is definitely a good place to try out new teams.

Current favorite is Chulk/xDP/XFW

Other's I've enjoyed:
    Hulk/Cap3/Spidey
    Patch/Daken/Loki
    Charlie's Angels