Shield Intercept - 250 ISO

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Here's $20 for doing nothing."

"What? Only $20? Why aren't you giving me $40?"

Give me give me give me gimme gimme gimme!!!

This SHIELD Intercept thing has brought out everyone's inner 5-year old.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    The way I look at it is if I average 10 intercepts a day and all are 250 iso that's 2500 iso. Now when I normally make like 20k iso on a normal day this is still 1/10th of what I make a day for nothing. Now the equation was a lot better with 1k in there but I'm still enjoying it. Now if we could overgrind for a chance at rewards I'd be happier ^_^.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dont mind the 250 iso being added, if it was given the same odds as all the other rewards.

In 8 rewards just now, 6 were 250 iso. That is a joke.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I'm posting this here because I think it is very sneakily buried in the main post. They changed the Shield intercepts to include a 250 iso reward. I think this should be addressed since it is a clearly worse reward added after a good new idea was implemented. I know I purchased VIP to ignore the spots and get the nice rewards only to have them suddenly add a reward that I am now getting 75% of the time.

I know I can't be alone in this. I really wish they would remove the 250 iso reward or at least make it 500.

Let's take heed of the words of Job 1:21:

"Naked I came into the MPQ game, and naked I shall go when I quit. The MPQ giveth, and the MPQ taketh away; Blessed be the game of MPQ!"

To say I'm disappointed with the revised
    Iso-8 rewards is a tinykitty understatement.
    It wouldn't have broken the game.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu wrote:

1) You are simplifying the issue to dicredit the people who criticise it.

2) It´s not "nothing", either you have to watch an ad or pay for VIP.

3) Your example (very simplified) in an appropriate art:

"Here´s 40$ for doing xyz"

"ok, that´s cool"

"you are right, it´s too cool, I give you 10$"

"But you promised me 40$ and I did the thing you wanted from me"

"I give you 10$ and I owe you nothing, take it or leave it"

Who is the 5 year-old-kid in this example and who is the one giving no respect for the other person?
  • tizian2015
    edited November 2016
    tizian2015 wrote:

That's an over-simplification, and you're still unable to criticize this change using numbers. Why?

This is really great. You liked (!) Dormammus originalpost where this example is much more simplified to discredit people like me and take my critic against this example against me. Great work.
    There was never 1 concrete sum on offer, but rather a random chance to receive one of several items, randomly selected, up to 20x a day. The correct original value proposition is: "If you play on Android or iOS, here's [1 Command Point, 100 Hero Points, 2,000 Iso-8, 1 Heroic Token, 25 Hero Points, 1,000 Iso-8, or 10 Hero Points] for receiving and clearing a 'signal intercept'. This will happen up to 20 times a day. If you play on Steam, here's jack squat."

The revised value proposition is: "If you play on Android or iOS, here's [1 Command Point, 100 Hero Points, 2,000 Iso-8, 1 Heroic Token, 25 Hero Points, 1,000 Iso-8, 250 Iso-8, or 10 Hero Points] for receiving and clearing a 'signal intercept'. This will happen up to 20 times a day. If you play on Steam, here's jack squat."

Since the devs never shared the loot table associated with this program, no one has the necessary information to evaluate the expected return of a signal intercept before or after the addition of the 250iso reward.

It could be that the % likelihood of receiving 2k iso or 1k iso is the exact same, and the chance of 250 iso was carved out of the chance of other rewards. That would mean more iso overall from the program, fewer HPs, CPs, and/or tokens.

Or perhaps they did take a bite our of all the rewards, or only of the larger iso rewards. Only the devs know, and they aren't saying. Yet?

They are lowering the rewards after 2 ... days. They had no note in the announcement like "this is going to be under reservation of changing the rewards in the nearest (!) future, new rewards can be lower than above stated". 2 days! And now the 250 iso seems to be the new standard reward. Yesterday only 250 iso, today with 5 matches and 2 signals only 250 iso. I am shortly before contacting googleplay and demand my money back for this VIP.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    The first day, I got nothing but 10 and 20hp rewards (and only like three of those). I'm down with 250 ISO, if it keeps coming at the same rate it has for the last day and change (especially if a 2k ISO drops in there somewhere, as happened yesterday). It's a couple thousand more ISO per day than I was getting before. Since I still need around 5M ISO, every little bit helps.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    tizian2015 wrote:
    They are lowering the rewards after 2 ... days. They had no note in the announcement like "this is going to be under reservation of changing the rewards in the nearest (!) future, new rewards can be lower than above stated". 2 days! And now the 250 iso seems to be the new standard reward. Yesterday only 250 iso, today with 5 matches and 2 signals only 250 iso. I am shortly before contacting googleplay and demand my money back for this VIP.

VIP was not made for SHIELD Intercept, this is just an added bonus for being a VIP member. This is a ridiculous reason to demand a refund. It's free stuff and VIP makes it easier to acquire this free stuff.. personally it saves me time that I no longer need to play Lightning Rounds. SHIELD Intercept is probably one of my most positive new additions to game with the exception of those with STEAM.

Would I rather have 1000 Iso instead of 250, of course, but I also rather have 250 Iso than the 0 was I was earning before SHIELD Intercept. We were not "promised" those particular rewards. The devs always have the right to make changes whether it is stated or not. Although I am firm believer in "Prevention before Correct", I am content with this change after two days than 6-months later.
  • I'm posting this here because I think it is very sneakily buried in the main post. They changed the Shield intercepts to include a 250 iso reward. I think this should be addressed since it is a clearly worse reward added after a good new idea was implemented. I know I purchased VIP to ignore the spots and get the nice rewards only to have them suddenly add a reward that I am now getting 75% of the time.

I know I can't be alone in this. I really wish they would remove the 250 iso reward or at least make it 500.

Proper Sneaky, Not impressed with this at all but to be honest its what I expect from the devs nowadays.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    This morning playing DDQ, the Heroic intro nodes and three trivial nodes I got 4 intercepts for 2000, 1000, 1000, 250 iso. Over 4000 iso for about 90 seconds of commercial breaks. It's really, *really* hard to work up any indignation over that last 250 iso reward.

Yes, sometimes you're going to get unlucky and get 250, 250, 250, 1000. That's the way this game goes. If you only ever focus on your bad streaks, you're going to make yourself miserable. If that's the type of thing that drives you to post complaints on the internet, maybe this isn't the game for you.

Unless venting on a message board is keeping you from snapping and murdering everyone in your office, please try to maintain a little perspective, give the feature a fair shake, give it enough time to have both good and bad streaks, and acknowledge that you're better off than you were last week.
  • Afrothunder
    Afrothunder Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:

1) You are simplifying the issue to dicredit the people who criticise it.

2) It´s not "nothing", either you have to watch an ad or pay for VIP.

3) Your example (very simplified) in an appropriate art:

"ok, that´s cool"

"you are right, it´s too cool, I give you 10$"

"But you promised me 40$ and I did the thing you wanted from me"

"I give you 10$ and I owe you nothing, take it or leave it"

Who is the 5 year-old-kid in this example and who is the one giving no respect for the other person?

Thanks for this. I am not sure why everyone has gone so up and arms about this post. I was merely stating that I thought it was unfair to suddenly change the rewards without properly updating the post.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 wrote:

VIP was not made for SHIELD Intercept, this is just an added bonus for being a VIP member. This is a ridiculous reason to demand a refund. It's free stuff and VIP makes it easier to acquire this free stuff.. personally it saves me time that I no longer need to play Lightning Rounds. SHIELD Intercept is probably one of my most positive new additions to game with the exception of those with STEAM.

Would I rather have 1000 Iso instead of 250, of course, but I also rather have 250 Iso than the 0 was I was earning before SHIELD Intercept. We were not "promised" those particular rewards. The devs always have the right to make changes whether it is stated or not. Although I am firm believer in "Prevention before Correct", I am content with this change after two days than 6-months later.

Well, I dont understand why you edit your post to this harsh thing. I´ve read it before and it sounded much nicer than that.

VIP was not made for shieldintercept, agreed, but thats not the thing I wrote. I wrote, I purchased VIP because of the occuring errors which costs me rewards in the f2p version and only caused by these errors I decided to purchase VIP. And after I purchased it, I have to recognize, that they implented a lower reward. And from other postings I know, I´m not the only one to purchase VIP because of the errors. And these errors made it not "easier" to get rewards through VIP, VIP made most rewards possible.

And of course they can change whatever they want whenever they want, but then they have to see, what their customers think about purchases in the future. If customers are treated like that, the reaction is maybe not positive.
  • Tromb2ch2
    tizian2015 wrote:
    And now the 250 iso seems to be the new standard reward. Yesterday only 250 iso, today with 5 matches and 2 signals only 250 iso. I am shortly before contacting googleplay and demand my money back for this VIP.
    Okay let's say you are extremely unlucky and get 4 intercepts a day all being 250 iso. That's 1k iso a day for 28 days or 28k iso for $10. That is by far the best way to buy iso in this game. But you also get all the other vip stuff! I bought it originally for the 2 Lt, this is just icing on the cake.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is anybody doing any stat-tracking on the interrupt drops? I do see more of the 250 ISO-8 than the other rewards, but I am still seeing a pretty good diversity. If anyone is collecting data, here's a sample from the time I played today.
    iOS, VIP
    32 PvE matches (mix of prologue and Oscorp)
    1000 ISO
    1000 ISO
    250 ISO
    250 ISO
    10 HP
    250 ISO
    10 HP
    25 HP

I have yet to see the 1CP award emerge at all. Has anyone gotten that reward yet?
  • Tromb2ch2
    I got 1 cp once so far
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I have seen 1 CP a couple of times, got 100 HP once as well. Mainly been getting the lower end of the spectrum rewards, not that there is any surprise in that. It's all a nice added bonus.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got 1 cp last night, and 100 HP earlier in the week. Couple of heroic tokens too. Mostly I get 1000 iso. Today I'm only getting errors.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    tizian2015 wrote:
    tizian2015 wrote:

Well, I dont understand why you edit your post to this harsh thing. I´ve read it before and it sounded much nicer than that.

VIP was not made for shieldintercept, agreed, but thats not the thing I wrote. I wrote, I purchased VIP because of the occuring errors which costs me rewards in the f2p version and only caused by these errors I decided to purchase VIP. And after I purchased it, I have to recognize, that they implented a lower reward. And from other postings I know, I´m not the only one to purchase VIP because of the errors. And these errors made it not "easier" to get rewards through VIP, VIP made most rewards possible.

And of course they can change whatever they want whenever they want, but then they have to see, what their customers think about purchases in the future. If customers are treated like that, the reaction is maybe not positive.

Or you could have realized that they were introducing a new functionality, that it might not work properly out of the gate (what has, in this game?) and given it a few weeks for the bugs to be shaken out before deciding to buy VIP.
  • stealthdroid
    stealthdroid Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    dsds wrote:
    We all knew this was going to happen. The rewards were too good based on the company's history. It's the old bait and switch. Make it rain in the first few days to make it easier for people to accept and then slowly take back some things. Heck I don't expect VIP to completely block all the ads over time. And also that small purchases (eg. less than $10) won't allow you skip ads forever.
    Speaking of purchases, I am a bit annoyed that I put almost $200 into this game this year alone and I now have to watch ads again... anyone else put in a ton of money required to watch ads for your shield intercepts?
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Or you could have realized that they were introducing a new functionality, that it might not work properly out of the gate (what has, in this game?) and given it a few weeks for the bugs to be shaken out before deciding to buy VIP.

Except it did work properly out of the gates and now has nothing but errors.