Shield Intercept - 250 ISO

Afrothunder
Afrothunder Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm posting this here because I think it is very sneakily buried in the main post. They changed the Shield intercepts to include a 250 iso reward. I think this should be addressed since it is a clearly worse reward added after a good new idea was implemented. I know I purchased VIP to ignore the spots and get the nice rewards only to have them suddenly add a reward that I am now getting 75% of the time.

I know I can't be alone in this. I really wish they would remove the 250 iso reward or at least make it 500.

Comments

• rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Agree. Since it's introduction it's the only reward I've been awarded icon_e_sad.gif
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    As much as I agree with you getting an Error to watch (non-VIP) is a bigger problem. After that - yes - the 250 iso should not be there compared to other rewards.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    We all knew this was going to happen. The rewards were too good based on the company's history. It's the old bait and switch. Make it rain in the first few days to make it easier for people to accept and then slowly take back some things. Heck I don't expect VIP to completely block all the ads over time. And also that small purchases (eg. less than $10) won't allow you skip ads forever.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Well, I've received multiple 1000 and 2000 Iso bonuses, along with HP.

Your experience is not my experience.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    A majority of mine have been 10 HP. I would MUCH rather have 250 ISO. I wanted to make a topic discussing some issues I have with Shield Intercept and solutions but I'm not able since I am new to the forums.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I think 250 iso is better than 10hp.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    Every bit helps! I'm happy receiving any and all intercept rewards. Story events are more rewarding now. It's great!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today I received:

250 ISO x2
    1k ISO
    1 CP
    1 Heroic Token x3

Which seems like a pretty good spread. I'm not complaining.

I have VIP, if that makes a difference.
  • Afrothunder
    It seems some people are happy with it, which is fine. I just wish they would have been up front with the actual rewards in the first place.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Rewards should be lower to support the Steam Players
    (granted I only play on steam because I don't have a mobile device)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    First two days was awesome with rewards. Then they added 250 ISO sneakily. Then that was all I could pull. Isn't it bad enough that you can't even get the supposed 20 ad reward maximum? On a given day you get an absolute maximum of 48 chances (9 nodes x 4 clears + 9 nodes x 2 grind until green checks + 4 DDQ nodes), but drop rate is only about 15%, not 50% you would need to get max rewards.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Overall, it's a free add-on, right? I have gotten 1000 ISO before. I am cool with even the 10HP or heroic token. It is just nice to get something extra, especially with VIP and not having to watch anything. I am ALL for making the rewards better, but I am not greedy.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    First two days was awesome with rewards. Then they added 250 ISO sneakily. Then that was all I could pull. Isn't it bad enough that you can't even get the supposed 20 ad reward maximum? On a given day you get an absolute maximum of 48 chances (9 nodes x 4 clears + 9 nodes x 2 grind until green checks + 4 DDQ nodes), but drop rate is only about 15%, not 50% you would need to get max rewards.
    And on 48 hour subs... like DP vs MPQ... you get a day with only one clear (9) and your DDQ (4). Then twiddle your thumbs if your prologue is locked.

Unlock the Prologue and reset rewards when you claim them all!

It also does not seem to trigger on the last grind of 48 hour sub because if there is no reward left (7th clear onward) there is no reward screen to interrupt to give you the ad.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Well, install enough errors for nonVIP-player and bait with nice rewards. So I was so dumb to purchase my first VIP and my first reward without error was 250 iso. I was reading this threat and thx you bait me and install right after the announcemt lower rewards and the chances are lowered too I think.

So enjoy my first and last VIP-purchase.
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    It's free and it's an added benefit for VIP.
    What exactly is it we're complaining about again ... ?

gmp72 pvpshield.png DjU pvpshield.png
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems some people are happy with it, which is fine. I just wish they would have been up front with the actual rewards in the first place.

HiFi posted in the thread an update noting the addition of a 250iso reward.

What more would you like?

This steam player would happily accept those 250iso "pittances", all day, everyday.
    One of his grievances was, they didn't mark the thread "updated"
  • Afrothunder

HiFi posted in the thread an update noting the addition of a 250iso reward.

What more would you like?

This steam player would happily accept those 250iso "pittances", all day, everyday.

I thought I was clear about that in the original post. The "update" was much later and the thread itself never showed as being updated. It was silent update.

I merely was posting my feelings on the subject. I am not sure why so many here seem to take offense to someone posting their opinions.
  • Afrothunder
    fmftint wrote:
    One of his grievances was, they didn't mark the thread "updated"

...and he proceeded to project malice where only common negligence can be found.

No malice here. I was just posting something that I thought other people had experienced as well due to the nature of the "updated" post not shown as being updated. This my opinion. You do not have to like or accept it. I apologize if you misunderstood why I was posting.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Crnch73 wrote:
    Overall, it's a free add-on, right? I have gotten 1000 ISO before. I am cool with even the 10HP or heroic token. It is just nice to get something extra, especially with VIP and not having to watch anything. I am ALL for making the rewards better, but I am not greedy.

Its freeversion is bugged, errors occur and to get the rewards there are people who purchased VIP like me. And the first thing I realise after the purchase is this lowered reward structure. I would be happy to view the adds for free rewards but about the errors I choose to buy VIP. If I read this thread before or the silence update in the announcement, maybe i'd changed my mind.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Isn't the more troubling issue: Why is this so random also? I'm thinking it would be better to implement it more along the lines of progression. Give everyone 20 opportunities each day (if they win 20 times), start with the worst rewards first and work up to the best on the 20th time, give VIPs a different (and better) set of rewards for paying to play. Does that make too much sense?

After recent issues I had with the game I chose not to renew my VIP. The next day Shield Intercept came out, seemed like a good idea, and I renewed. I'm not sure with the current structure in place I will make that mistake again.