POLL: COLOURLESS COVERS

2»

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    I'd say have them colorless for 3*s too. Sure, 3*s are more easily obtained these days, but you still need 113 covers to fully max out a character and over 41 characters that's 4,633 covers. That's got to be daunting to a new player even before getting into the iso needed. Make it easier for them to get into the deep end.

You seem to be forgetting the fact that after you've champed the character, covers ARE colourless. Doesn't matter which cover you use, it always adds a level. So you still only need 13 covers =)
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    broll wrote:

That would be super exploitable I would think. You could intentionally not champion 4*, especially the bad ones, but possibly all of them, and then you could just keep rerolling more often than not till you got 5*s and skip 4* tier all together.

Fair enough, I had not thought about it like that. Maybe they could implement some sort of fail safe for that? Not sure. Maybe this should only work if the character has less than 13 covers, so intentionally not champing doesn't work. If they also implemented a token that spits out only 4* characters, then this also could be avoided. You are right, it is exploitable, but with some work I think it could be just right.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have the cover on the character, then a different colored cover for that character may be applied for a price seems reasonable. So a 0/5/5 would still be screwed out of 2 colors if the third won't drop, but a 1/1/1 would be able to optimize new covers as needed.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    All this talk of paying a fee to change covers misses the point that people have already been screwed over by rng, so expecting them to payout more just to rectify that seems needlessly harsh.

The fairest option is that once you have 5 in a power, the subsequent ones become colourless, the vast majority of covers needed for a character are not coloured now with champion levels far exceeding the initial 13, so the idiocy of punishing people for getting useless covers for their 5/5/1 or whatever character is well overdue to end.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    I'd say have them colorless for 3*s too. Sure, 3*s are more easily obtained these days, but you still need 113 covers to fully max out a character and over 41 characters that's 4,633 covers. That's got to be daunting to a new player even before getting into the iso needed. Make it easier for them to get into the deep end.

You seem to be forgetting the fact that after you've champed the character, covers ARE colourless. Doesn't matter which cover you use, it always adds a level. So you still only need 13 covers =)

I didn't forget and it's a fair point, but with such a long road why run the risk of making it longer? We've all had characters at 5/5/2 and waited weeks and months to never pull that last cover. That frustrating journey is why people want colorless covers.

3* covers come fast, but how often are they right ones? Most of us vets probably stopped looking at a 3*s color year or more ago, certainly since champing came around. I remember how frustratingly hard it was to get Black Panther's black or Hood's blue. I think it's an unnecessary roadblock.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I would like to see rewards be colorless and pulls be possible pulls. For example my x23 was 5/0/4 before she was t10 for an event. It made me not want to try for t10 because I would have to be 1st to get that red I needed. Then the next event the progression was a green I had to throw away. If we earn it we should be allowed to put it where we want.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    I would like to see rewards be colorless and pulls be possible pulls. For example my x23 was 5/0/4 before she was t10 for an event. It made me not want to try for t10 because I would have to be 1st to get that red I needed. Then the next event the progression was a green I had to throw away. If we earn it we should be allowed to put it where we want.

I definitely second this.

I've had times I've seen a 4* cover I really need but in the wrong colour and it's made me a lot less motiviated to go for it.
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    I fully support this. Let's say you're after a specific 4* and you need a specific color. In heroics you have a 0.2% chance to pull a specific 4* on top of the 1 in 3 chance to get the right color. If you pull from the legendary pack you have a 2.2% chance instead along with the 1 in 3. Your other options are paying a whopping 120 CP per cover, progression rewards which may not even be the right color, or placing in the top 10 in PvE or top 5 in PvP which is not easy at all. I can't even imagine how it must feel for people hunting for a specific 5*.
  • Voted no purely because there's already a system to prevent that.

You can spend a certain amount of CP depending on how rare the cover is to power up your character. Of course CP is precious but it creates this system in which you have to choose what's worth more to you. Spending your CP to prevent you from losing one or two covers or to try and get more pulls from your CP.

Though honestly implementing this wouldn't ruin the game for me. I have a character with 4 covers in one power and 1 in another, so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna run into this issue pretty deep. I also have some covers that I can't use yet on 2 characters because I'm behind on their other covers and could potentially lose 3 covers at the moment.