An Update On Strange Sights Token Issues

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello,

Here's an update from the dev team regarding an issue affecting some Strange Sights event tokens:
    "We discovered an issue where players received tokens for the Strange Sights vaults (Orb of Agamotto, Book of the Vishanti, and Wand of the Watoomb) and were unable to redeem them. After today’s daily patch, those tokens will be available to use again until the vault expires. If you do not or are not able to spend this token before 1:00 AM EST November 8, you will lose the opportunity to redeem that token. In the coming days, we will be crediting the value of the token back to you (350 Hero Points). If you encountered this issue on multiple vaults, you will receive this credit for each vault that was affected."

Thank you.

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks! I had this issue with both the Orb of Agamotto and the Book of the Vishanti tokens. I just saw the push notification in-app, and the buttons were updated at the bottom of each vault to now claim the tokens. This worked for the Book of the Vishanti token (which I claimed first), but when I went to redeem the Orb of Agamotto token it appears to have pulled from my HP instead, leaving me with an unclaimable Orb of Agamotto token once more. Am I safe in assuming that this will automatically be refunded as HP in the coming days?
  • Erndiese
    Erndiese Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Hi, just over a month playing, reading and rereading forum posts have helped but still don't have a grasp on vaults like this and the tokens for them. I did not redeem my vault of horrors free token because I feared the off chance of getting a cover that would affect my scaling and possibly put me in a place to decide whom to roster and whom to cut/sell. I see it is stockpiled so does that mean it will become available again next Halloween? Should I have used it?
    Same goes for here and the 3 vaults. If I don't use it, will I get 350 Hero Points for each? Or Will they stockpile to be used during future runs? I did win 2 3* strange covers from his PvE event so if I got lucky and won more it would really help. He is still in my queue as my roster is composed essentially of base level 1 & 2*. (So I'm not looking forward to the presumed scaling effects of rostering strange.) On the other hand if I got lucky/unlucky and pulled the 4* cover I would have a useless cover that would presumably definitely ruin my scaling. Also I feel like the expected value of these 3 vaults might be less than 350 HP, so getting the 350, if it applies, might be more useful to me in terms of adding roster spots to fill out my 2*.
    I'm not rushing; I have only opened 1 standard token because I thought it would cap at 99, but otherwise have been saving them, getting covers as lightning round drops, in prologue, and winning them in PvE.
    So I guess I'm asking 2 questions: 1) how much would rostering strange at 2 covers now while he's an essential character affect my scaling, where otherwise my 3 highest levels are 15, 15, 16? Is it outweighed by the benefits of higher rank in the current deadpool PvE? Otherwise I'd wait the 2 weeks, to keep my scaling down, and focus on the 3 2* in the queue ahead of him, wolverine, cap, and hawkeye all 1 cover unfortunately.
    2) if not a lot, does it makes more sense to roll dice on the 3 vault tokens? Or should I just take the HP, if it can be confirmed I would get them, given that only 2/10 outcomes would be more desirable at my stage, and really only 1/10, the strange cover, be ?more useful now than 350 HP x3 guaranteed?
    Tia
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Perhaps I'm not understanding. I've done the update, got this message as an ingame pop-up. But I have no token to use on the Orb. Its still invisible. Have the option to buy one at 350. Am I supposed to buy it, than get reimbursed?
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    I updated as well and my Orb of Agamotto token is still unable to be redeemed.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow I would has rather not used the lame tokens and received 1050 HP.. that's a slot! Which is a 10000x better than anything the vaults had to offer
  • Yeah my Orb of Agamotto is still not working. ****.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow I would has rather not used the lame tokens and received 1050 HP.. that's a slot! Which is a 10000x better than anything the vaults had to offer

The vaults each had a 200hp reward. So that's actually 1.75x better icon_razz.gif
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Erndiese,

Your post is drastically different than the topic. I'm not a mod, but you should probably post your questions as a new topic created by you. Posts should be more or less related to the topic discussed in the original post. It will likely go unanswered here.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    I have seen the in-game message about this, but I also still do not have access to my missing Orb of Agamotto token. My token count shows there should be a token there, but when I get to the OoA Vault itself, the only button I have it to buy another token for 350HP which I don't know if I'm meant to do that or not (and wait for reimbursement?).

I'm confused... icon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gif
  • mega ghost
    Felonius wrote:
    I have seen the in-game message about this, but I also still do not have access to my missing Orb of Agamotto token. My token count shows there should be a token there, but when I get to the OoA Vault itself, the only button I have it to buy another token for 350HP which I don't know if I'm meant to do that or not (and wait for reimbursement?).

I'm confused... icon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gif

My tokens appeared (with the button displaying "Claim Token" or whatever the language was.) But only one of them worked, using the token and removing it from my count, whereas the other one just took my HP and kept the missing token in the count, floating between worlds.
  • cooleyo
    cooleyo Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    RoboDuck wrote:
    Perhaps I'm not understanding. I've done the update, got this message as an ingame pop-up. But I have no token to use on the Orb. Its still invisible. Have the option to buy one at 350. Am I supposed to buy it, than get reimbursed?
    Also updated and did not get it fixed.
  • slf03c
    slf03c Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Mine for Orb of Agamotto still does not work as well
  • Mine too - also Orb of Agamotto is unavailable.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Same here guys, token made available for
    Book of Vishanti and
    Wand of Watoomb and used as advised.

However, Orb of Agamotto vanished when I went to redeem.

I ended up using 350 of my own hp to pull a cover from the vault as my eye was on the iceman cover.

I didn't get him and instead pulled a 3* Dr Strange.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    The orb of Agamotto post event vault is there.
    It's just a blank screen.

Now this Is a roll your eyes moment
    icon_rolleyes.gif
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    The orb of Agamotto post event vault is there.
    It's just a blank screen.

Now this Is a roll your eyes moment
    icon_rolleyes.gif

Just logged in to find that too. Think we missed our window to redeem our unusable invisible Orb token. Now we get a unusable invisible vault screen to match it.
  • It's because it is STRANGE icon_e_wink.gif
  • mega ghost
    domininja wrote:
    It's because it is STRANGE icon_e_wink.gif

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.
  • Yep I too missed the window and didn't see the in game pop up so have the invisible unusable vault too :/

Edit: Just realised this was posted at 10 past midnight my time, and the deadline was 6 am so sleeping was the problem here, clearly I should have been playing the game all night before going to work instead!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kasemaus wrote:
    Yep I too missed the window and didn't see the in game pop up so have the invisible unusable vault too :/

Edit: Just realised this was posted at 10 past midnight my time, and the deadline was 6 am so sleeping was the problem here, clearly I should have been playing the game all night before going to work instead!

Sleeping always gets in the way of my MPQ play time.. it's worse than work!