2.000.000 downloads of MPQ and new characters

Options
Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ has reached a very important milestone, 2.000.000 downloads.

It seems we will have some sales in iso and HPs and the new characters will be Human-Torch, and 3* Daken (I really hope he is not a Gold Daken). Episode 4.5 will launch soon.

For Hero Points:

$2 pack – no increase
$5 pack – 10% increase
$20 packs – 15% increase
$50 and $100 – 20% increase

Iso-8

$2 pack – no increase
$5 pack – 25% increase
$20 packs – 40% increase
$50 and $100 – 50% increase

Source http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/28/marvel-puzzle-quest-celebrates-two-million-downloads?abthid=533572270476f7335300000a

Comments

• This comes at a good time, I've been meaning to throw some more money their way. I haven't bought anything since October.

Lazy Dakan is like Thor. Don't want him, but have to have him.

This will be the 5th character they made based off the same character art. icon_lol.gif
  • Oh god. Not a 3* lazy Daken.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did the GSBW cover changed or was it an old cover in the video?
  • It would have been nice to get a third ability for Daken before his lazy version comes out. Though if it's an actual 3* Daken, that would be kind of fun. There needs to be more 3* villains.
  • Jesus Christ a 3* Daken. I can just picture him in the next PVE at 230
  • kensterr wrote:
    Did the GSBW cover changed or was it an old cover in the video?

I didn't see a different cover of hers in the video. Cap's cover was different though..
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have no qualms about another Daken. If it's a lazy one though... icon_mad.gif
  • beemand2g wrote:
    Jesus Christ a 3* Daken. I can just picture him in the next PVE at 230
    Fun fact: He'll be easier to fight than 2* Daken, given the scaling will be different and probably not completely pants-on-head ****.

Also worth noting that it will very likely be his Horseman of Death appearance, given Daken doesn't exactly have a lot of variations and history compared to all the other characters in the game (barring Hood & Ragnarok, who are also fairly recent in Marvel history).
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The video looks like it's from the original version. 10/10 health packs, old system, etc.
  • GigerHR
    GigerHR Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    The best part is I bought an Asgard Treasure... YESTERDAY. Nothing like missing out on 1,700 free HP by a day. icon_cry.gif
  • A 3* Daken could be scary. A high level Daken in PvE is enough of a problem, if too many greens get matched.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    This comes at a good time, I've been meaning to throw some more money their way. I haven't bought anything since October.

Lazy Dakan is like Thor. Don't want him, but have to have him.

Well, it seem to look at my roster and golden up any ** I have under lvl 25. icon_e_smile.gif What means Magneto should leave silver suite behind next. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Cool, Human Torch.

But if it's a lazy Daken......
    the-office-noooo-gif-541.gif

Edit: I said that because of a possible 3star PVP Daken, in PVE he can't be more scary than buffed 2 star Daken.
  • beemand2g wrote:

Lazy Daken at 230 = regular daken at 230 no?

now if he has different abilities, that would be another story
  • LoreNYC wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:

No. The lower ranked characters scale up differently than higher ranked ones. A level 85 2* is roughly equivalent to a level 100 3* and so on. So when you boost 1* and 2* they actually gain MORE benefit than a similarly placed 3*.

So a 3* Daken would be LESS concerning than a 2* Daken, assuming the abilities don't change.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    LoreNYC wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:

No. The lower ranked characters scale up differently than higher ranked ones. A level 85 2* is roughly equivalent to a level 100 3* and so on. So when you boost 1* and 2* they actually gain MORE benefit than a similarly placed 3*.

So a 3* Daken would be LESS concerning than a 2* Daken, assuming the abilities don't change.

If I'm not mistaken

Lvl 85 3* Thor > lvl 85 2* Thor

I don't think u can make the assumption that a 230 3* Dakken would be weaker than the 2* version.

Also I do not believe that it's a gold Dakken. ICEIX said after the lazy cap / Thor that we were due for new 2/4* covers. Since Dakken already has a 2* and since a FF member already has a 4* cover I've been saying human torch will be a 2* and Dakken releasing backs that up even more.

Of course that's just an assumption also. I could be very wrong about Dakken being a new 4* and human torch being a new 2*. They could have changed plans or really went in any direction they wanted. Guess we will see soon enough.
  • radiopy wrote:
    The video looks like it's from the original version. 10/10 health packs, old system, etc.

Yup, I think it is.

I started playing right after they changed the cover system, and all of what is presented on the video is completely alien to me.

Also, I got a chuckle over noticing how the screengrab on the IGN page shows IM35, but labels him as Modern Black Widow... icon_lol.gif
  • jozier wrote:
    LoreNYC wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:

If I'm not mistaken

Lvl 85 3* Thor > lvl 85 2* Thor

I don't think u can make the assumption that a 230 3* Dakken would be weaker than the 2* version.

Watch the difference between the two Dakens be that 3*** Daken has a third ability that the 2** version lacks.
  • jozier wrote:
    LoreNYC wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:

I don't think we can assume the abilities won't change, though, 230 LazyThor is much scarier than 230 Thor because his abilities are significantly boosted
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    lazy daken will be ok, if they add him 3rd ability. icon_e_biggrin.gif
This discussion has been closed.