For the love of God, don't use Kamala and Vision together!

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I think the tittle says it all but PLEASE, don't use Kamala and Vision together EVER AGAIN. First Kamala passive triggers the animation every single time a power is cast (I guess this will be fixed, all over passives like Carnage and Cage have been fixed), and then Vision is still super stupid and keeps firing his blue and then yellow all the time. To make things better now, Starlord also triggers his passive when we the players fire our own abilities, and gets everything for cheap, so Vision keeps spamming his powers.

Please Devs, we like to play the game, not just staring at the screen while these animations happen over and over again. It doesn't make the node difficult, it just makes it REALLY ANNOYING.

PS: I am going to say more and Vision should not be used at all in PvE events, NEVER, the AI is still incapable of not overwriting his own tiles, and keeps spamming his abilities continuously, so please don't use him.

Comments

• Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    But you have to admit, it's a good team to field. If the animations were reduced, it would be more bearable.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    sounds like a nice defensive team in 3* simulator icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oldboy wrote:
    But you have to admit, it's a good team to field. If the animations were reduced, it would be more bearable.

Once my Star Lord's powers are higher may try this...too bad Vision's density powers only seem to effect Power Damage and not match damage
    or maybe the powers are poorly worded
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oldboy wrote:

Once my Star Lord's powers are higher may try this...too bad Vision's density powers only seem to effect Power Damage and not match damage

I can assure you they affect match damage. Get a Heavy out and he's doing 1200+ for a match 3. I've learnt to love him.
  • SummerGlau
    edited November 2016
    Oldboy wrote:

I can assure you they affect match damage. Get a Heavy out and he's doing 1200+ for a match 3. I've learnt to love him.

never works for me even if he's the only character on my team...it stopped working sometime after the PvP event that featured him
    hasn't worked for the AI wither though
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    sounds like a nice defensive team in 3* simulator icon_e_biggrin.gif

They are not that hard to beat, they are just really annoying. If KK is not buffed she can be killed really fast, so I don't think it is a good defensive team for Sim. For normal PvP where being fast is so much important? It might be, but not in Sim.

As I said the problem is not that they are hard to beat, they are not (at least not for me, even at 420 level), they are just... super annoying. They make matches long, and where you have long periods of time just staring at the screen.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Oldboy wrote:

never works for me even if he's the only character on my team...it stopped working sometime after the PvP event that featured him
    hasn't worked for the AI wither though

He has to be tanking the colour - look for his icon on the colour tile. If dont see it then his colours are being covered by someone else.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Oldboy wrote:
    He has to be tanking the colour - look for his icon on the colour tile. If dont see it then his colours are being covered by someone else.
    Not only that, but you can't look at the match damage that floats up from the tiles. The tiles will still show whatever their base damage would be. You have to look at the actual health bar of the opponent to see that it's doing the full damage amount.

If you make a match-3 blue, it might show -201 for the match, but it's still adding the extra damage from the power that you'll see properly subtracted on the opponent's health bar (say -1201 for an easy example... a flat 1k extra damage).
  • SummerGlau
    Smudge wrote:
    Oldboy wrote:
    Not only that, but you can't look at the match damage that floats up from the tiles. The tiles will still show whatever their base damage would be. You have to look at the actual health bar of the opponent to see that it's doing the full damage amount.

If you make a match-3 blue, it might show -201 for the match, but it's still adding the extra damage from the power that you'll see properly subtracted on the opponent's health bar (say -1201 for an easy example... a flat 1k extra damage).

I'll look at that next time I use him but it didn't seem to work

edit it does work....it's not the power that changed it's just that the damage isn't shown on the match like it originally was

Thanks guys may use him more now
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smudge wrote:
    Oldboy wrote:

edit it does work....it's not the power that changed it's just that the damage isn't shown on the match like it originally was

You can go back many, many months and find posts on this exact subject. His blue and yellow have always acted this way.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    It's a good team to show off using Doctor Strange as a counter. Or it is at least it would be for those who have more than a handful of covers for him. Sure, it's annoying to have to sit through all the animations, but I imagine it would be very satisfying to watch Doctor Strange just melt them. I hope they run the same team some months from now so I can bear witness to the glory.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, use Carnage, Strange and C4ge on your team vs KK/Vision/SL and you'll be locked in Animation Hell icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    I used starlord on strange loaner node with goons. reminds me of us asking developers for a way to turn animations off.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    supergarv wrote:
    Yeah, use Carnage, Strange and C4ge on your team vs KK/Vision/SL and you'll be locked in Animation Hell icon_e_biggrin.gif
    This is evil. Only a sick and twisted individual can think of this horrible torture method. Make this match up in the next heroics or essential node!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    dsds wrote:
    supergarv wrote:
    This is evil. Only a sick and twisted individual can think of this horrible torture method. Make this match up in the next heroics or essential node!
    And then comes:
    "We are aware of a bug causing passive abilities to be triggered by passive powers activating and hope to get a fix for it next patch."
    icon_e_smile.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_razz.gificon_lol.gif
    icon_twisted.gif
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I wonder if bringing Dr. Strange to the party makes things better or worse. More animations, probably less Kamala sooner.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    The power-spamming is the whole point of the node design. That and showcasing SL rebalance.
    Node was designed this way prior to SL re-balance. It has always sucked to fight due to low costs and KK heals.
  • SummerGlau
    Smudge wrote:
    Oldboy wrote:

You can go back many, many months and find posts on this exact subject. His blue and yellow have always acted this way.

When I played the event where he was featured (right after I started playing on PC) the damage done showed on the match, which was where my confusion occured
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    If Kamala Khan procs that stupid heal one more time...

Squishy 3* rosters don't like some of the DvMPQ pairings in general.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    No the Daken essential is worse today, its completely owning every team I throw at it regardless of level. Gotta love the days the AI decides you will lose no matter what and just throws non stop cascades at the ai so they can fire all their high damage abilities every single turn.