No more money for you, devs

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
Yes, another complain thread. As you propably know i am companing here about PvP progression loot issues for months.
My idea how to fix this issue is here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51057

Today, it was literally the last drop. https://i.imgsafe.org/fa3bb44907.png

It took me 50 minutes to lose 7 heals, 30k deadpool points (his whales are still not fixed, thanks for wasting my points btw.) and dropped from 860 points to 800 (now its 740 and it took me 4 mins to write up to this point) while still playing. The amount of losses is insane and there is nothing i could do about that (3 losses during one fight... ****?).

[*snip] - i use championed Rulk with 50K HP and i am beaten by broken prof x with pathetic 10k HP. What else should i do? Before championing my first 4* everything was just fine.

There is no point for me to pay anymore and i am afraid i will also stop playing soon, cuz wasting time just to lose points while playing actively? Nonsense. Why should i play the game i cannot win no matter how hard i try. And no, i am not willing nor able to waste thousands of bucks to get 5s championed to have at least decent chance for good progression loot.

All opinions appreciated. Please, support my poll so this madness can stop.

E: 5 mins left and i have 651 pts.
2 mins left, 576 pts
Ended with 566 pts

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:

And for morons giving advices about better roster - i use championed Rulk with 50K HP and i am beaten by broken prof x with pathetic 10k HP. What else should i do? Before championing my first 4* everything was just fine.

Use a better selection of characters.

People are running 'winfinity', you even complain about a 'broken professor X' and how good your Rulk is. There are responses to winfinity, like playing Winfinity yourself or throwing out a counter in Jean Grey, but a 50k health 'roadblock' is not one of them.
  • veny
    Eddiemon wrote:
    veny wrote:

And for morons giving advices about better roster - i use championed Rulk with 50K HP and i am beaten by broken prof x with pathetic 10k HP. What else should i do? Before championing my first 4* everything was just fine.

Use a better selection of characters.

People are running 'winfinity', you even complain about a 'broken professor X' and how good your Rulk is. There are responses to winfinity, like playing Winfinity yourself or throwing out a counter in Jean Grey, but a 50k health 'roadblock' is not one of them.
    You are speaking like if i could affect how my defense team will look like...
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    I think your problem is you feel you shouldn't be losing points if you are not shielded at the end of the event. That's not going to happen even if you are running champed 5*. If you have points and don't shield, you will be hit regardless of who you run
  • veny
    spectator wrote:
    I think your problem is you feel you shouldn't be losing points if you are not shielded at the end of the event. That's not going to happen even if you are running champed 5*. If you have points and don't shield, you will be hit regardless of who you run
    No, my problem is this:

I play, i hit 700 point barrier and then i am loosing points faster than i am gaining them. Look at print screens: - 100 points during one match. HOW i am suppose to get higher? Shield wont help me, i cant play with shield.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    3 hours about event ends best strategy is buy a shield (75hp) and done the pvp. On grey suit pvp the winfinite team are previsible and prof.X with scarlett witch passive + grey suit deceptive tactics + sniper rifle makes a lot of damage with cascades.
  • veny
    roberts_2 wrote:
    3 hours about event ends best strategy is buy a shield (75hp) and done the pvp. On grey suit pvp the winfinite team are previsible and prof.X with scarlett witch passive + grey suit deceptive tactics + sniper rifle makes a lot of damage with cascades.
    18 000 team damage with Rulk is better, but thanks. Still, no matter what i use, it wont make me better - point is i cant get points faster than i am loosing them!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't sympathize when you're unshielded in the last 30 minutes. The last couple hours of any event are a total bloodbath, because all the late climbers come out to feast and get away with a single 3h shield. If you are unshielded during that time, you will get hit repeatedly, regardless of your team.

You don't have to like it, but you do have to acknowledge it and play around it if you want to succeed. People have been declaring the PVP system terrible forever, and I agree with them for the most part - but if the devs don't know about our grievances by now, I doubt one more ragequit thread is going to make the difference.
    veny wrote:
    You are speaking like if i could affect how my defense team will look like...

Why are people still saying this? It was stated that your defense team is only automatically selected if you go from a very strong team to a very weak one. Otherwise your D team is still whoever you won with last, same as always.
  • spectator
    Yep, you are losing massive points because you are out and getting by late climbers. That's always been the case with the difference now that scores are lower due to lack of cupcakes so you cant hold onto higher scores. If you don't want to shield, get your 900 points early, if you want to keep them, shield up before the 3 hour mark. As to your defensive team, putting jg in there will help against winfinites but you will just be hit with something else.
  • veny
    Jarvind wrote:
    I can't sympathize when you're unshielded in the last 30 minutes. The last couple hours of any event are a total bloodbath, because all the late climbers come out to feast and get away with a single 3h shield. If you are unshielded during that time, you will get hit repeatedly, regardless of your team.
    No offense but... i am talking about progression rewards, not placement rewards god damnit!
    I dont care if i end 5th or 50th or 150th, i just want that damned 4*s from progression loot. Hard to achieve that when they defeat me three times before i manage to defeat someone.

Defense team are fine but using winfinity? Winfinity is useful only for players, AI cant use it. I fought many prof+sw+bw and they did not make a single extra move. You simply cant build defense team that may win - matchmaking system and stupid AI make it impossible.
  • Davan
    Davan Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    He never mentioned placement. He said don't try to get 900 points so late in the event. If you try for it 20 hours before the end you should get 900 much easier. A lot less people trying to climb.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    make your run anywhere from 24-8 hours left in an event. if you're trying to climb with less than 8 hours you're going to get caught in the rat race. beat the rush, get it done early, shield and forget about it.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    veny wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:
    No offense but... i am talking about progression rewards, not placement rewards god damnit!
    I dont care if i end 5th or 50th or 150th, i just want that damned 4*s from progression loot. Hard to achieve that when they defeat me three times before i manage to defeat someone.

Defense team are fine but using winfinity? Winfinity is useful only for players, AI cant use it. I fought many prof+sw+bw and they did not make a single extra move. You simply cant build defense team that may win - matchmaking system and stupid AI make it impossible.
    No offense, but when you are talking about playing unshielded in the last 30 minutes you are talking about placement rewards - because that is what everyone else playing at that time is trying to achieve.

If all you truly care about is progression then you need to be playing MUCH earlier.

Also, you are wrong in thinking that shields won't help you just because you got hit 3 times in one match with 30 minutes left. If you climb to that same 700 pt tipping point with 24h left in the event you can shield, let some hits come in for a couple hours while you queue up some high point targets, then break and hit them 1 or 2 at a time and shield again until you hit your goal. If you never shield it's much easier for several people to queue you up and hit you at once. If you shield and then later break your shield it's much harder for several people to queue you and beat you in less time than it takes you to fight your targets.
  • veny
    It wasnt 30 minutes, i started 2 hours before end, but i see your point.
    I think its a problem of points - the more you have, the more your opponent gets -> you are focused more often.
    Anyway, next time i will try to reach high tier sooner, but last time i tried it it was even worse plus i had to buy shield cuz i wasted all my heals before i reached 900pts.
  • Minox
    Minox Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    I think its a problem of points - the more you have, the more your opponent gets -> you are focused more often.

You are right in this. That is why people are suggesting you shield before you hit your goal. When you are shielded your points are protected AND people cannot queue you (unless they have you from before you shielded).
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    It wasnt 30 minutes, i started 2 hours before end, but i see your point.
    Anyway, next time i will try to reach high tier sooner, but last time i tried it it was even worse plus i had to buy shield cuz i wasted all my heals before i reached 900pts.
    Unless you're running dual champ 5☆s burst climbing from 0 in the last 2 hours is a rough road
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    If you genuinely don't care about placement, 900 is not difficult with a reasonable roster. Start early, then with more than a day to go do a concerted hard climb. Shield, then use that time to find high-point beatable targets.

Unshield and hit those targets, then reshuffle if you need to to leave one more go to get to 900.

There's always Line etc to help you find qs. If you have a 50k Rhulk you should be able to climb to 900 tbh though.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing at the very end of a slice is crazy if you're trying to climb towards progression reward. /Everybody/ is playing at that time. Just climb to 900 when there's like 12h-24h to go. Then, if you still want to try to get placement, reclimb with 5h to go or so and put up a shield.
  • spectator
    If you are running a champed rulk, you can hit 900 easily 24 hours from the end of event without shielding. Hell you can do it with squishy winfinite teams. There will be far less hits coming in and if you do get multi hits and get frustrated, stop and try again in a few hours. That's the benefit of starting earlier, you have lots of time to make your push
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Tip top pvp advice right here
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Or, you could play for fun. Seek out the "golden niche" where you can balance both fun and reward. For me, it's 575 in PVP and 15 CP in PVE. I make nice progress, without sacrificing real life and my sanity.