After Eots progression, now comes Strange event progression

2»

Comments

• Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Huh? I've been doing 4+2 for each sub and hit top progression this morning before even finishing 4/6 for sub 3. That's typical of PVE in my experience.

12544, 18819, and 25088 are the values everyone has after 4+2. That's 56451. You must be doing final grinds also.

That's what I'm saying: I've done my 4/6, then 2 additional clears in the last hour (haven't ground to 1 because I don't feel like waking up earlier than normal). I defer to you on the maths, but if I got there early with that, it seems like I'd have made it by the end with just 4/6s.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I forgot I took wave nodes to 1.

The issue is we were promised that 4 clears would be enough for max progression. We assumed this means 2 clears for wave nodes (before cooldown starts), but it's clearly not.

Just like the previous event, the math points to needing 4 clears on normal nodes, and 4 clears for full points on wave nodes, the latter being impossible of course. So yes, if you grind the nodes down you will get max progression. But that is above what they claimed was the needed effort required, so a lot of people who skipped the grinding down part are going to miss rewards they assumed they were going to get.
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    Gonna have to clear roughly 30k to get there on the last day; someone in my alliance already has max prog.

Last sub worths more than 41k. It's not that hard but it requires you to grind them to 1.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    The issue is we were promised that 4 clears would be enough for max progression. We assumed this means 2 clears for wave nodes (before cooldown starts), but it's clearly not.

Just like the previous event, the math points to needing 4 clears on normal nodes, and 4 clears for full points on wave nodes, the latter being impossible of course.

The latter isn't what's being asked. In EotS that was the case, but this time they did account for some deterioration of points on the waves. I think they made a gaffe somewhere and are still counting something (1x nodes?) too much. However, as I showed on first page, it's only about a 2300pt difference, which is negligible enough.

The problem, as you said, is that they didn't communicate more clearly about the requirements when waves are involved. We all made the logical assumption that '4 clears' = 'start the timers,' and not that '4 clears' = '4 clears'
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I hit progression and am just over 70,000 doing 4 clears on non-wave nodes and three clears on waves first two subs. Then 6 clears on all non wave and 4 on waves in sub three. So it definitely wasn't 4 and 2. Was lucky that I hit a couple of those earlier waves an extra time just in case EoTS was repeated. In that one I didn't do last sub because I was so far away and I guess should have with retro rewards.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did 4 on all, 6 on some essentials and all green checks in the third sub

I'm 10k past max progression so this ain't EOTS
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Just came to check the forums because I just finished 4 clears (2 for wave nodes) of the last sub and am still 10K away from top progression. If waves need to be cleared 3 times for top progression, maybe points shouldn't decrease after the second clear?
  • This is definitely broken (again). I got to progression, but it required additional clears along the way. Maybe someone should introduce the devs to the concept of "read-across". Seems like a pretty simple thing to automate.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    apmonte wrote:
    This is definitely broken (again). I got to progression, but it required additional clears along the way. Maybe someone should introduce the devs to the concept of "read-across". Seems like a pretty simple thing to automate.

Yeah, hit progression this morning and went about 1500 over with 4/2 clears for the final sub. Yeah, I'll probably end up about 10 over after checking all of them off, but I also had to go 6/4 for the previous two subs.

So yeah, they were definitely off again when it came to calculating progression and clear amounts.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    As high as progression has been lately I figure anything after the last token is gravy.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got green checks on subs 1 and 2, and only hit max progression after starting all timers on sub 3.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, it was more than 4 clears / 2 per wave node - but definitely not as hard as eots. I got eots, but had to clear 4 of 6 nodes down to green checks and the other 2 I did 4 clears on wave nodes plus a bit more. 4 on all and 3 on waves appears to be about what is needed here.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I did 4/2 on the entire event, except for only doing 3 on the final Nova node (the Maggia version -- eek). And I took a handful of the nodes to clear, including a couple of wave nodes, for some bonus action. And I wound up a good 4000 points shy of max progression. (I could have hit it in theory, but I wound up running out of time.)

Definitely not a 4/2 structure.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I'm glad there are no wave nodes in the Deadpool event.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    TeamStewie wrote:
    I'm glad there are no wave nodes in the Deadpool event.

the one and done nodes might still throw off the curve a bit