After Eots progression, now comes Strange event progression

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Well, this is incredible. Looks like in this Strange event AGAIN 4+2 clears is not going to be enough to get final progression reward.

After clearing all nodes to the green tick (except the infamous Sentry node, which I cleared just 4 times), and clearing in the second sub all nodes to get the timers, I have just a little bit more than half progression. This doesn't look right.

First day 4+2 clears was shy of 15k, on the second less than 19k so the third day should be close to 24k. This is 58k! Beating the node plus beating K is just 300 extra points, so clearly not enough to get to 69k.

So, or more nodes open after defeating K for the third time or AGAIN progression is clearly more than 4 clears.

Thoughts? Did I miss something or Devs made the same mistake twice in a row?

Comments

• MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    I'm still on day two so I can't say for sure, but what I will say is I feel like they are making it way too difficult to reach max progression these days. It's definitely been ramped up since they have introduced the new SCL, to a ridiculous extent.

If the goal was to make PVE feel like less of a slog by letting us do multiple clears at a time, pushing the max progression through the roof and making us grind overtime to achieve that progression seems counter productive. The same PVEs that ran in the past had significantly lower progression.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Before they revised the EotS total, 8 people in my bracket made progression. After the initial pass through the last sub of the current event, three people have made full progression so far, and I'd be surprised if even 10 people can reach it.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

Said it in a couple places already, but top progression is set to 4x all nodes, including waves.

They screwed up EotS by failing to account for deterioration of the 3rd/4th clears of the wave nodes. Allegedly that's been fixed here.

I don't know if/when that was changed, but that's the way it is, confirmed elsewhere by the devs.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    If you look at the last three rewards after the 4 star and very large point increases between them, it definitely appears that they're thinking is the 4 star is the top reward and the rest need to be grinded out in order to achieve them.

Would it really hurt to throw some more rewards between those last three. I mean, it's not like an event token and 1250 iso are that great to begin with.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    4xfor all nodes will be fun in the Deadpool event..which has a lot of one and done nodes
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:

Said it in a couple places already, but top progression is set to 4x all nodes, including waves.

They screwed up EotS by failing to account for deterioration of the 3rd/4th clears of the wave nodes. Allegedly that's been fixed here.

I don't know if/when that was changed, but that's the way it is, confirmed elsewhere by the devs.

I'm not sure the math bears this out for Strange. But I'm not mathy so I'll leave that for those who are. icon_e_smile.gif
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Gonna have to clear roughly 30k to get there on the last day; someone in my alliance already has max prog.
  • Sendikelm
    Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Maybe we are playing a different games but with 4+2 clears i had 20k in first and 28k in second sub (SL3 CL8). My bracket's leader has 52k. It looks ok for me.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    4xfor all nodes will be fun in the Deadpool event..which has a lot of one and done nodes

Deadpool doesn't have wave nodes though, so it may not have the same problem.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    edited November 2016

I'm not sure the math bears this out for Strange. But I'm not mathy so I'll leave that for those who are. icon_e_smile.gif

I am mathy, so I'll take a shot at double checking it:

For sub two it should be 18819 (start all timers) + 2/3 wave value + 1/3 wave value (so 1 more full point wave value) = 2785 (I think, working backwards based on where my timers are). That's 21604 for 4x clears.

This sub is 1.5x the first sub, so 21604/1.5 = 14402. Puts it at 36006.

Third sub is 25088 to start timers, which is 4/3 x the second sub. So in keeping with that, 21604 x 4/3 = 28805. That puts the total at 64811.

The main nodes are 1000 (100 opening node + 100x3 + 200x3 for Kaecilus). That's 65811. Which leaves us 3200 short.

I didn't include the first repeatable node, which would be an additional 900. That's 66711, so ~2300 short.

My guess is that 2300 discrepancy comes from calculating the 1x nodes as 4x nodes also. That's an additional 310+465+620 = 1395 + 1000 main nodes, which would put us at 69106, just over progression.

Edit: The discrepancy could also be from not accounting for the timer starting after 1x on the first repeatable, which would be 1800 points, still leaving us 500 short somewhere, but that's close enough to assume the rest is right.

Edit2: Could also be that they're accounting for more regen on the waves than I am.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Sendikelm wrote:
    Maybe we are playing a different games but with 4+2 clears i had 20k in first and 28k in second sub (SL3 CL8). My bracket's leader has 52k. It looks ok for me.

You're definitely doing something different, because it's 12544 and 18819 for the 4+2 clears in the first two subs. Even the 3rd is only 25088.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Huh? I've been doing 4+2 for each sub and hit top progression this morning before even finishing 4/6 for sub 3. That's typical of PVE in my experience.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Huh? I've been doing 4+2 for each sub and hit top progression this morning before even finishing 4/6 for sub 3. That's typical of PVE in my experience.

12544, 18819, and 25088 are the values everyone has after 4+2. That's 56451. You must be doing final grinds also.
  • Zeln
    Zeln Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I've been doing 5+3 for strange. I'm on my last one and have only done 4+2 and 2200 short of the 15 cp.

So it's not quite as bad as eots was but still not right.
  • Sendikelm
    Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Grumpy you count 4 clears only - we are talking about 4+2 (4 at start and 2 at the end of sub)
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Sendikelm wrote:
    Grumpy you count 4 clears only - we are talking about 4+2 (4 at start and 2 at the end of sub)

Max progression is supposed to be 4 clears of each mission. Obv. there's an issue with wave nodes, but even with that it's still a bit off.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I might be able to confirm that SS would need 5 clears on regular nodes and 3 clears on wave nodes. I've been doing that and 15 CP reward seems to be within grasp when I complete last clear later today.

Idk if this high prog req is due to the fact that this event is a new release event.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2016
    Sendikelm wrote:

Max progression is supposed to be 4 clears of each mission. Obv. there's an issue with wave nodes, but even with that it's still a bit off.

Its very clearly not going to be for this event, unless you get 30k for doing the 4 clears on the final day. Whether its intentional or more incompetence on D3's part is the real question.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards

Deadpool doesn't have wave nodes though, so it may not have the same problem.

i recall having to do extra plays to get max progression
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor

12544, 18819, and 25088 are the values everyone has after 4+2. That's 56451. You must be doing final grinds also.

That's what I'm saying: I've done my 4/6, then 2 additional clears in the last hour (haven't ground to 1 because I don't feel like waking up earlier than normal). I defer to you on the maths, but if I got there early with that, it seems like I'd have made it by the end with just 4/6s.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I forgot I took wave nodes to 1.