In which order did you tackle the pins in Strange Sights?

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Strange Sights introduced a new "choose your own adventure" sort of option for tackling subs. I was curious to see which path others took to finish all of the pins.
Since we just finished Enemy of the State I'm guessing a lot of players were sick of ninjas for a while and didn't tackle them first, but who knows? Let the polling commence!
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Maggia, hand, bots.

Was tired of the Hand and I hate the sentries. I kind of wish I tackled the bots first though, as they were really the least fun of the bunch and it would have been nice to just get them out of the way.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    bots,maagia, hand (the last i haven't played yet)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started with Doombots first and I was lucky to do so. I wouldn't want to tackle those Sentries when the node is actually worth a lot of points. It would be impossible to place high then.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Hand>doombots>maggia.

In the order from hardest to easiest for me.
    Get the hard ones out of the way
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    I started with Doombots first and I was lucky to do so. I wouldn't want to tackle those Sentries when the node is actually worth a lot of points. It would be impossible to place high then.

Seconded. I went Hand second, but Kishu/Muscle are both equally annoying, so probably doesn't matter.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find the ninjas to be the easiest to deal with so I went Hand/Doombots/Maggia. Still have the Maggia to do late tonight. In retrospect I should have gone Doombots/Maggia/Hand since the Doombots node seems to be the toughest one. Luckily I had just emptied a taco vault so healthpacks weren't an issue.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just going left to right. Goons are goons, it doesn't matter to me.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doombots, Maggia, Hand.

Still on Maggia and though bots were annoying I'm finding Maggia harder to deal with today.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doom, Hand, Maggie for me. Champ Cho amd RHulk care not for the order. Hammer and Anvil deals with them all the same.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Hand, Maggia, Doom.

If I had paid attention and seen that the Doom set included Sentries, I would've gone for them first. At the time, I was just worried about Kishu.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doom/Hand/Maggia.

I had zero reason for doing it that way and pretty much chose at random.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    I like getting the stuff I find most difficult/frustrating done first, so I went Doombots -> Maggia -> Hand. I'm not sure how bad the Hand sub will be, but like revskip, ninjas don't particularly bother me. I wanted that Ultron Sentry nonsense done ASAP!
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Left to right. Sort of an OCD-thing.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards

as Valid as any other "system"
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maggia ---> Hand ---> Doombots.

The next time they run this event I'm definitely going Doombots ---> Maggia ---> Hand. The Doombots sub with Dr. Doom and Ultron and his Sentries moving tiles around sucked the most and ate my health packs the fastest. Maggia sub with Kingpin was marginally better. I pretty much had no issues with the Hand sub.

Did anyone seem to think the 2* Essential node (Classic Storm) was one of the harder essential nodes for this event? They usually are goon only, but Maggia sub had Kingpin being fed by goons and Doombots had Ultron (who can't be stunned) and Sentries. And it seemed like the scaling started pretty high to boot.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went Maggia > Doombots > Hand, just because left-to-right makes sense to me. Now that I know the Ultron sentries were completely **** insane, if there are subsequent runs of this event (and I hope there are!) I will definitely go Doombots > Maggia > Hand. The Hand were like rolling through flowery meadows in the sunshine after the savage reaming I got from those Ultron drones...with their 600+ match damage...and 100k+ health. Ugh.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah, I can never stray from this most basic of ordering.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Maggia > Hand > Doom. I left the easiest for last. Ah, if I only noticed there would be Ultron involved earlier... Doom sub was the easiest anyways. And it's always fun to see Bullseye grabbing a couple of demons and tossing them at Doom for big damage.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right / Middle / Left.

I feel lucky that my best is 420 oml, and the rest are under 300, so my scaling wasn't nearly as attrocious as it was for the multiple champed 5* players. All my enemies were reasonable.

And "thankfully?" it looks like that won't be changing for me any time soon icon_lol.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saved the Hand for last thinking they would be hardest and they were actually the easiest compared Ultron Sentries helping Doombots and Maggia feeding Kingpin. Surprisingly Gorgon was not on any of the nodes which made the Hand bearable.