Patch Notes - R113 (11/07/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ R113!

When an agent takes more than an active role…

What’s New:
    - Versus action with Doctor Strange!

What’s Changed:
    - S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts are here. - Optimized game to save on memory and improve load times. - Players always have the maximum possible characters available when entering Team Select screen. - The “Join” Alliance button now disappears once you have joined an Alliance. - When characters have health in the 100's of thousands, the number will no longer be partially hidden. - Fixed a rare bug where the Heal button would reappear when switching between characters. - Fixed various rare bugs during the early stages of the game. - Fixed a rare crash bug that happened when 2 players played against the same player in Versus battles. - Fixed a rare bug where players were not able to advance to the character select screen when selecting a mission. - Android: Game no longer crashes when signing into Google Play & Facebook at the same time from the Options menu. - Black Widow (Original)'s
Espionage will now play a power banner when making a Purple tile match (when there is another character on the team that has a Purple Passive power).
- Ghost Rider's Penance Stare now works correctly against The Hulk (Bruce Banner) when The Hulk activates the power, The Other Guy.
- Red Hulk's Seeing Red Countdown tile now has the correct description.
- Wolverine (X-Force)'s Recovery Countdown tile now has the correct description & sound effect.
- Ultron's Gravitational Force now has the correct description.
- Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!)'s Life of the Party now correctly activates when an ally takes the appropriate amount of damage.
- Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!)'s WHALES! WHALES! WHALES! secondary function, when you spend Deadpool Points to drop every whale on the team, now works correctly.
- The Thing (Classic)'s Rock Solid now correctly activates when an ally takes the appropriate amount of damage.
- Quake (Daisy Johnson)'s Coordinated Tactics now only reduces team damage.
- Powers that target single opponents will no longer affect invisible characters.
- Players are no longer able to send 1-Star covers to Facebook Friends.*
*(Please note: this is due to a change in the Facebook API.)

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm always excited for new patches. Thanks for making the updates!

- Quake (Daisy Johnson)'s Coordinated Tactics now only reduces team damage.

Boo icon_cry.gificon_e_smile.gif

- Players are no longer able to send 1-Star covers to Facebook Friends.*
    *(Please note: this is due to a change in the Facebook API.)

I'm a bit confused, because this worked for a long time, then it was removed, then it was returned, and now it's removed again? Can we get more information on this? Now, I will get a few thousand less ISO per day... will that be replaced somehow, not just to me but really to everyone, including Steam players who don't get any FB gifts? Or at least you can have it send more non-1-star cover gifts to make up for it? Or send 2* cover gifts?

- Players always have the maximum possible characters available when entering Team Select screen.
    What does this mean?
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

5* Coulson?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    What’s Changed:
      - Optimized game to save on memory and improve load times.

This could go so many ways. Play tester reporting for duty.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]It's time to take a look at what's planned for inclusion in the next Marvel Puzzle Quest update!
    (As always, anything listed below is subject to change before release.)

MPQ R113!
    - Players always have the maximum possible characters available when entering Team Select screen.

wha?
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Re:
    Hulk vs. Bruce Banner- I noticed the special tile from Black Bolt didnt work between the two. Will a motivation tile increase The Hulk's levels if it was cast initially on Bruce Banner?
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"] When an agent takes more than an active role…

On the bright side, it won't poison him if he's only active for two days. But otherwise he just has to sit around.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agent Venom sounds about right. So, 2 characters in 4 star.png tier that can't be used together? Or are you adding him as 3 star.png before adding another Legendary?

Or perhaps
    Steve Rogers, Agent of Hydra
    is becoming more active?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wobby wrote:
    Re:
    Hulk vs. Bruce Banner- I noticed the special tile from Black Bolt didnt work between the two. Will a motivation tile increase The Hulk's levels if it was cast initially on Bruce Banner?
    Well, it wouldn't work. Hulk transformation has no ranks on the abilities, and Motivation doesn't affect character levels.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]MPQ R113!
    wha?
    Occasionally I'll open a node and because one of my last used characters is unavailable, only two characters appear on my team. Tapping any available character adds them to the empty slot, but it's still freaky.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    No fix to speed up DPX's Countdown for What?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Players are no longer able to send 1-Star covers to Facebook Friends.*
    *(Please note: this is due to a change in the Facebook API.)[/list]

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END!!!!! Mark my words.

That is.....unless.....they are going to add in ADDITIONAL times during gameplay, where you get to send out more boosts or Iso or healthpacks.........
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Mockingbird please icon_e_smile.gif
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Chronicler wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"] When an agent takes more than an active role…

On the bright side, it won't poison him if he's only active for two days. But otherwise he just has to sit around.

Oooh. My first thought was Coulson, but I like this much, much more. Agent Venom was a ton of a fun and I didn't think we'd get him in the game.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]MPQ R113!
    wha?
    Occasionally I'll open a node and because one of my last used characters is unavailable, only two characters appear on my team. Tapping any available character adds them to the empty slot, but it's still freaky.

Oh! Available in the selected team. I was reading it as "available to select" and I couldn't parse it.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the structure of the sentence, obviously it's an anagram of "An agent" with "more than"

Gamora Henna Tent - It's Gamora's personal tattooist

Earth Tonnage Man - It's Graviton. Or maybe Captain Planet

Namor Gannet Hate - It's Namor, with his dislike of birds that eat fish

Tongan Anthem Era - Finally, it's some recognition for Tongan Ninja

Or maybe Dazzler
  • Zeln
    Zeln Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    No fix for 4* cyclops icon_e_sad.gif
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I still can't do anything with Facebook. I get a log in error if I try. Is it just me? I thought it was more wide spread. Ticket time I suppose. Sucks because I wanted to take advantage of the Amazon sale, but I need facebook backups to work.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    It could just be the fact that I'm getting old and my eyes are starting to go bad after years of staring at a computer screen, but the new size of the font for character health is pretty difficult for me to see. I'm on PC, so I don't know if it's different on mobile or not.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    deadtaco wrote:
    I still can't do anything with Facebook. I get a log in error if I try. Is it just me? I thought it was more wide spread. Ticket time I suppose. Sucks because I wanted to take advantage of the Amazon sale, but I need facebook backups to work.

Facebook log in gives me an error as well. Tech support thought one of the updates would have fixed it, but it did not for me.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    it has been more than a week. where are my deadpool points? where are my rewards I missed in PvP bc (1) there was a bug and (2) no one at mpq could be bothered to let players in-game know there was a known bug in the game?