Special Amazon Appstore Offer (11/4/16)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone –

As everyone knows, we are able to do special promotions that are exclusive to a specific storefront. This time, we have a special Amazon Appstore promotion in celebration of the release of the Doctor Strange movie. The offer includes 20% Coins Back on all Iso-8 and Hero Points purchases in Marvel Puzzle Quest for a limited time. Please visit the Resources (Amazon Appstore users only) in the game to redeem offer.

For those not playing with an Amazon enabled device, stay tuned in the future for other special offers. Enjoy the movie and have a great weekend!

Comments

• Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Excellent I love Amazon. May as well take advantage.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    How limited is the limited time? When does this offer end?
  • LakeStone
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    How limited is the limited time? When does this offer end?

November 8th is the last day.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    So, this is ONLY for people who originally downloaded the game via the Amazon App Store?

Or, this is for ANYONE who uses Amazon, Amazon App, Amazon Underground, etc?
  • LakeStone
    TLCstormz wrote:
    So, this is ONLY for people who originally downloaded the game via the Amazon App Store?

Or, this is for ANYONE who uses Amazon, Amazon App, Amazon Underground, etc?

You can take advantage of this offer if you have the game on an Amazon Appstore enabled device and you must make the purchase via this device to be credited.
  • Arks
    Arks Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Is this for US Amazon users only?
  • I just logged in my Kindle and I don't see any sales in the game
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    jsoili wrote:
    I just logged in my Kindle and I don't see any sales in the game

Same was about to post. Can we get a ss of what the screen should look like for the sale?
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    jsoili wrote:
    I just logged in my Kindle and I don't see any sales in the game

It's there, just not obvious. If you go to purchase HP or ISO8 the amazon coins dialog will pop up asking if you want to spend 9999 coins on a Stark Salary and above it says you will earn 2000 coins for this purchase. For Logan's Loonies (1999 coins) you will earn 400 coins with purchase.
  • TLCstormz
    No matter how much you spend, you'll always get an extra 20% of whatever quantity you purchase?

Is that a good deal, y'all? Or just the typical one in game every few months?
  • deadtaco
    TLCstormz wrote:
    No matter how much you spend, you'll always get an extra 20% of whatever quantity you purchase?

Is that a good deal, y'all? Or just the typical one in game every few months?

It's actually a very good deal. To begin with, when you buy Amazon coins, you are buying digital currency with a bonus factored into how much you are buying.

For example, 2500 amazon coins is $22.50, or $0.009 per coin. Logan Loonies costs 1999 coins usually. With the promotion you get 400 back so now it costs 1599 coins, which comes out to $14.39. 2900 HP for $14.39 isn't too shabby.

Of course, the more coins you buy, the bigger the discount. 10000 coins is $81, or $0.0081 per coin. 2900 HP would now cost you $12.95.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I'm not getting any pop-up. My only choice is to buy via the Play store.
  • deadtaco

That's because you downloaded it via Google's app store. I have the Google version on my phone but Amazon's on a fire. If I try to buy on the fire Amazon's in game purchase screen pops up.
  • DrStrange-616
    deadtaco wrote:

That's because you downloaded it via Google's app store. I have the Google version on my phone but Amazon's on a fire. If I try to buy on the fire Amazon's in game purchase screen pops up.

Hmmm. But Lake said:
    LakeStone wrote:

You can take advantage of this offer if you have the game on an Amazon Appstore enabled device and you must make the purchase via this device to be credited.

I have an Amazon Appstore enabled device. Or at least I have a device that has the Amazon Appstore on it. Am I missing some "enabled" step?
  • deadtaco
    The app uses whatever appstore you downloaded it from. iOS, Google play, Amazon...whatever. it's not something you can code around.
  • DrStrange-616
    deadtaco wrote:
    The app uses whatever appstore you downloaded it from. iOS, Google play, Amazon...whatever. it's not something you can code around.

Well, that sucks. Lake's post was misleading then. I bought coins based on it. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    deadtaco wrote:

Well, that sucks. Lake's post was misleading then. I bought coins based on it. icon_e_sad.gif

Make sure you have your data backed up via Facebook. Then uninstall the game and reinstall through the Amazon App. You will then be able to purchase using coins. You'll have to play a small portion of the introduction before you can resync your profile.
  • DrStrange-616
    Kojubat wrote:
    deadtaco wrote:

Make sure you have your data backed up via Facebook. Then uninstall the game and reinstall through the Amazon App. You will then be able to purchase using coins. You'll have to play a small portion of the introduction before you can resync your profile.

Thanks for the advice. Uninstalling scares me, but I might try it.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I've done it 6 or 7 times for various reasons, it works out fine. Once you get through he tutorial you can log in again through the options button in the corner and your roster is back.
  • TLCstormz
    I'm on athe Amazon Underground App, on a page that says I can buy Amazon coins for 25% off, but......how would I then purchase HP or ISO with those coins?